• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N950F/DS][ALEXNDR] * Pie Beta ZSB2 * DevBase v6.0 * Encryption support [Feb-12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
AppLock for Pie - download attachment, create /system/priv-app/AppLock directory, place attachment inside it and then reboot.

That's all, since this ROM contains necessary line in the proper cscfeature.xml file already :cool:

(next Pie release will contain it on-board)

Attachments

• AppLock.apk
    802.4 KB · Views: 61
Nothing wrong with your device, really :) It is side effect of changed "ro.build.fingerprint" in build.prop to pass SafetyNet (thanks to @corsicanu for the hint & tests)

If it is really annoying to you - you can restore original line in build.prop, as follow:

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/greatltexx/greatlte:9/PPR1.180610.011/N950FXXU5ZSA5:user/release-keys

... but then SafetyNet will fail and most of banking apps + GooglePay + some other apps that check SafetyNet - will not work anymore

Thank you for your helpful Guide.

i-m

Oct 25, 2010
Barcelona
@_alexndr thx dev for this pie rom. No problem at all everything woking fine except volume is very low listening music on poweramp as well in samsung music even at full vloume it's not louad enough like was on 8.0 would you please look into this.

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Yes

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_142804_186.jpg
    IMG_20190207_142804_186.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 364

stefan288

May 17, 2015
Hello.

Hey guys this update will work on this device

Ap: n950fxxu5zsab
Cp: n950foxm5zsab
Csc: n950foxm5zsab

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!

PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!

Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM :cool:

I have decided to create a separate thread because:
    - I would like to distinguish PIE BETA bug reports from my normal (OREO stable) thread, mentioned above
    - It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"

This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Pie (One UI)

Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)

Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
    - No Xposed (we need to wait for rovo89)

Note 8 (SM-N950F/DS):
    Dirty flash over my Oreo DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough).

Please REMOVE custom options.prop file if you have any in /sdcard or external sdcard (mainly because of debloat list which causes more issues in Pie).

Known problems:
    - [CLEAN INSTALL] Magisk Manager may not appear after clean install despite Magisk has been installed without errors during install - if you notice that there is no Magisk Manager - DO NOT flash Magisk, it is enough to install Magisk Manager as normal app (use ATTACHMENT - it is original apk from Magisk v18.1), then REBOOT device (important!)
    - OEM unlock toggle seems to be disabled in the Developer Options but it is not true (otherwise you would not be able to use TWRP and this ROM). It is side effect of protection I put in the kernel against "KG State: Prenormal" in the DM mode. It is not real issue, just ignore it. EDIT: starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! Don't worry about that :)

SafetyNet PASS in this ROM :cool:

Thanks to:
    - @corsicanu for share me untouched N950F dump
    - all persons mentioned in my main thread
    Thread has been updated :cool:

Thanks to @corsicanu for the pure ZSB1 dump :good:

(thanks again to @corsicanu for share me pure ZSAB dump)

Updated links are available in post #1

NOTE: Starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been just HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! (see post #1 for details). Don't worry about that :)

Big thanks again to @corsicanu for sharing me the pure beta 4 dump :good:
    AppLock for Pie - download attachment, create /system/priv-app/AppLock directory, place attachment inside it and then reboot.

That's all, since this ROM contains necessary line in the proper cscfeature.xml file already :cool:

(next Pie release will contain it on-board)