• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N950F/DS][ALEXNDR] * Pie Beta ZSB2 * DevBase v6.0 * Encryption support [Feb-12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thank you.
Does the update have a device status fix?

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA Labs

Flash the latest Oreo BL and you will get Official status :)

Thanks for update.
Does it include bootloader/modem update?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Modem - YES
Bootloader - NO

See changelog in the main thread for more info. Starting from DevBase v6.0 bootloader is a separate package (update is OPTIONAL)

MyCephei

Oct 19, 2010
Istanbul
I have done a clean installation. 5 mm at the edges, the touch does not work. Any idea? And sometimes the phone freez. With oreo everything is ok.

SimplyCity

Jun 4, 2013
Warsaw
Hi guys, Alex, is there a chance you could implement dual sim + ad patch?
:)

Echoe[emoji769] team member / N8 Oreo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!

PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!

Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM :cool:

I have decided to create a separate thread because:
    - I would like to distinguish PIE BETA bug reports from my normal (OREO stable) thread, mentioned above
    - It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"

This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Pie (One UI)

Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)

Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
    - No Xposed (we need to wait for rovo89)

Note 8 (SM-N950F/DS):
    Dirty flash over my Oreo DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough).

Please REMOVE custom options.prop file if you have any in /sdcard or external sdcard (mainly because of debloat list which causes more issues in Pie).

Known problems:
    - [CLEAN INSTALL] Magisk Manager may not appear after clean install despite Magisk has been installed without errors during install - if you notice that there is no Magisk Manager - DO NOT flash Magisk, it is enough to install Magisk Manager as normal app (use ATTACHMENT - it is original apk from Magisk v18.1), then REBOOT device (important!)
    - OEM unlock toggle seems to be disabled in the Developer Options but it is not true (otherwise you would not be able to use TWRP and this ROM). It is side effect of protection I put in the kernel against "KG State: Prenormal" in the DM mode. It is not real issue, just ignore it. EDIT: starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! Don't worry about that :)

SafetyNet PASS in this ROM :cool:

Thanks to:
    - @corsicanu for share me untouched N950F dump
    - all persons mentioned in my main thread
    Thread has been updated :cool:

Thanks to @corsicanu for the pure ZSB1 dump :good:

(thanks again to @corsicanu for share me pure ZSAB dump)

Updated links are available in post #1

NOTE: Starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been just HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! (see post #1 for details). Don't worry about that :)

Big thanks again to @corsicanu for sharing me the pure beta 4 dump :good:
    AppLock for Pie - download attachment, create /system/priv-app/AppLock directory, place attachment inside it and then reboot.

That's all, since this ROM contains necessary line in the proper cscfeature.xml file already :cool:

(next Pie release will contain it on-board)