• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N960F][LineageOS 15.1][UNOFFICIAL][14-01-20]

Search This thread

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016

Features Overview:
https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

What's working:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
  • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • S-Pen Basics
  • HDMI
  • MTP
  • Call Recording

What's not working:
  • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
  • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
  • ?

Instructions:
  • Make sure TWRP has been installed and is functional
  • Download the latest build and ASB1 vendor.img (optionally gapps and magisk if needed)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
  • Flash the vendor image
  • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
  • Reboot

How to update builds?
  • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
  • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk etc
  • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

Telegram Group:
[N960F][LineageOS 15.1][UNOFFICIAL]

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @_alexndr, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
Device Trees + Kernel: https://github.com/synt4x93/

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.153

Version Information
Last Updated: 14-01-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190329-121507_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190329-121507_Trebuchet.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 6,771
  • Screenshot_20190408-020105.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-020105.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 5,103
  • Screenshot_20190408-154304_Magisk_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20190408-154304_Magisk_Manager.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 5,063
  • Screenshot_20190408-154319_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190408-154319_Settings.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 5,059
Last edited:

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Are you aware of a method to dual boot this rom alongside samsung's stock firmware?

No, i haven't tried myself but i think i saw something about dual boot for s9 somewhere so should be easy to port over.
This is my daily driver now, dont think i will be using stock firmware again as this has everything i need.
Also if you dualboot alongside stock firmware im sure there will be a vendor mismatch problem.
ARK2 is what it is based on, any other vendors will either not boot at all or will break the cameras.

phil.asmar

Sep 4, 2012
No, i haven't tried myself but i think i saw something about dual boot for s9 somewhere so should be easy to port over.
This is my daily driver now, dont think i will be using stock firmware again as this has everything i need.

The reason why I want to dual boot is to not lose my data which is work related (some apps cant be simply reinstalled), but i really want to install your ROM!
Ill take a look and see if there is a way!

phil.asmar

Sep 4, 2012
titanium backup, nandroid backup then install rom and restore titanium backup? or are you unrooted.

Yeah im unrooted, but im willin to root to install your rom

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Id like to ask about the Battery Life, how does it compare to stock?

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Yeah im unrooted, but im willin to root to install your rom

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Id like to ask about the Battery Life, how does it compare to stock?

Battery life for me is very similar compared to stock, but my phone feels much faster, benchmarks score around the same only slightly higher.
If you are unrooted i don't think there is a safe way to backup your app data.

Last edited:

Tchania

Apr 19, 2016
I hope my request is not a burdensome one to you but can you make a build for the korean version of note 9 (N960N)?

Xshooter726

Mar 4, 2014
Interesting .. Is HWC fixed now? :confused:

Nvm just saw your comment on HWC. Hopefully 16 comes sooner then later. Thanks for taking your time to release some new updated Asop goods. :cowboy:

Last edited:

Hardwell94

Aug 4, 2015
Hell yes !! Thanks to the dev to make it possible ! Just a few questions about the spen before flashing that masterpiece

Are the spen and its features fully compatible with the rom just like the stock one or will I need to do some manipulations to get it ? And how about the spen smoothness in general ?

Thanks in advance

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Hell yes !! Thanks to the dev to make it possible ! Just a few questions about the spen before flashing that masterpiece

Are the spen and its features fully compatible with the rom just like the stock one or will I need to do some manipulations to get it ? And how about the spen smoothness in general ?

Thanks in advance

The Spen works well and will act like a mouse like it does in all aosp roms, it works to hover it over the screen and sensitivity is good, but the button won't work.

Hardwell94

Aug 4, 2015
The Spen works well and will act like a mouse like it does in all aosp roms, it works to hover it over the screen and sensitivity is good, but the button won't work.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Not gonna lie that a bit frustrating. I'm a daily user of the Spen and that's way I was asking for it. I mean almost all its features are there excepting that button.. Anyway I will probably flash that one but do you know if it would be possible to make that button work in the future ?

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Yeah I understand what you mean. Not gonna lie that a bit frustrating. I'm a daily user of the Spen and that's way I was asking for it. I mean almost all its features are there excepting that button.. Anyway I will probably flash that one but do you know if it would be possible to make that button work in the future ?

I highly doubt AOSP will support the bluetooth button charging etc, as it's a samsung specific thing

that_same_guy

Feb 26, 2012
for the S-Pen, I have been using AOSP rom 8.1

if you love AOSP and have a good reason to flash it, then it is possible to gain back some of the spen features in AOSP, not as smooth as in Sammy's Roms but ok, I posted what i did here, there is even a video showing what I did. it involves root, and xposed, (now ed exposed)

as for the spen bluetooth capability, the Spen is still active and recharges by itself. if you download nRF connect or lightblue apps from playstore, once you click the button you can see the pen as a bluetooth device SPEN (0D27) ZK, through these apps you can even subscribe to the service and get notifications when the button is pressed, so techinically speaking if someone has app development knowledge this can be done easily. to my limited knowledge I documented what I have discovered here

I have suggested to nRF connect App devs if they can have a tasker plugin so we upon a spen button click we can use tasker to make different actions, they reacted positively, the dev mentioned that they might work on it but might take some time since they are short resourced. but been some time since.

I did a funny workaround once, they keep the log in data/data/no.nordicsemi.android.log/databases, so when that file changes you can read the line change and read the button event, and trigger a tasker action.

its doable, just needs a proper dev that works on it. an AOSP spen remote, or even a custom BLE notification tasker plugin if he wants to make it universal and target alot of devices such as smartwatches..

last note: if the spen works funny in landscape, there is a post in the same thread showing how to fix it.
@Synt4x.93 I will flash this rom today.. Thank you for the awesome work..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features Overview:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • HDMI
    • MTP
    • Call Recording

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • ?

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and is functional
    • Download the latest build and ASB1 vendor.img (optionally gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the vendor image
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

Telegram Group:
    [N960F][LineageOS 15.1][UNOFFICIAL]

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @_alexndr, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device Trees + Kernel: https://github.com/synt4x93/

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.153

Version Information
    Last Updated: 14-01-20
    New build is live now.

Changelog (check github) -
    • April security patch
    • Fast charge now showing on lockscreen
    • Lowered vibration intensity (too strong before)
    • cts passes by default now. (using the same s9+ fp from magiskhideprops, tried many n9 fp's and none of them seemed to work) remove the module that you where using to patch it before you upgrade to the new build.
    12-04-19 Changelog (check github) -

• Updated kernel source
    • ASB1 vendor required
    Make sure you update to the ASB1 vendor before flashing or it will fail. (uploaded it along with the rom)
    15-04-19 Changelog (check github) -

• Enabled MMC CRC checking again
    • Disabled ZRam
    • Changed fingerprint override to N960FXXS2ASB1 to pass cts
    Guys he is trolling.
    I know who it was lol, he posted it as a joke ?