• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N960F][LineageOS 16.0][UNOFFICIAL][03-12-19]

Search This thread

osk4rin

Sep 7, 2015
San Diego
How is the battery life and camera on THIS ROM?
Is Dual app available?
I want to give a try.

Last edited:

magare

May 21, 2009
Brisbane
How is the battery life and camera on THIS ROM?
Is Dual app available?
I want to give a try.

Battery life is OK. I had my one running (moderate to low use) for 48 hours from 100% to 1%. Not amazing but OK.
I don't use dual app so can't comment.

Make a full TWRP backup so if you don't like it you go back within a few minutes.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Samsung Notes is working on this rom or not?

Probably not.
I had a few issues with Galaxy Wearable but Samsung Health is fine.

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Working super well so far just 1 really big annoyance. Audio through BT and speakers is much worse then Pie OneUI especially since Dolby and SoundAlive are missing.

I tried about every single way to flash Dolby or any other mod except Viper on here and none seem to work. I mean, viper works fine through Magisk but none of the Dolby mods seem to work. Either the thing installs and it just crashes instantly when running the Dolby app or it just doesn't show up at all (ARISE mod for example).

Anyone have any idea?

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
Working super well so far just 1 really big annoyance. Audio through BT and speakers is much worse then Pie OneUI especially since Dolby and SoundAlive are missing.

I tried about every single way to flash Dolby or any other mod except Viper on here and none seem to work. I mean, viper works fine through Magisk but none of the Dolby mods seem to work. Either the thing installs and it just crashes instantly when running the Dolby app or it just doesn't show up at all (ARISE mod for example).

Anyone have any idea?
I've been searching for Dolby Atmos mod as well, haven't found anything that pushes me to flash yet. However audio quality with the provided AKG wired headphones r quite decent for my liking with FLAC files.

Sent from my crownlte using XDA Labs

Matthew29992

Jul 7, 2019
This is a great rom, however, is there any way to improve touch "responsiveness"? It's only a tiny lag but does make the phone feel slow. OEM ROMs do not seem to have this issue. Cheers.

Reactions: hognogger

ossage

Jan 5, 2017
First, thank for the rom. So far seems to be good - I use it for a day nowon N960F.
Did not installed boot.img - do I need it? What version it is?
If I set the screen size to small (or even smaller), the on-screen-buttons become a bit unresponsive in horizontal mode. May it more than the curved edge - if a button (eg. a menu dots) is to be placed in the corner - it appears in between the 'back' and the 'home' ones. But works on the corner tap.
A question: is there a wake setting for magnet based flip-cover? Could not find in settings.

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I've been searching for Dolby Atmos mod as well, haven't found anything that pushes me to flash yet. However audio quality with the provided AKG wired headphones r quite decent for my liking with FLAC files.

Sent from my crownlte using XDA Labs

Agreed but I'm too used to using Dolby Atmos and SoundAlive in the built-in speakers and bleutooth in my car. The AKG's I also use and I have everything turned off there and it sounds great.

MohaHtn

Jan 6, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Endurance kernel work, I use it.
Screenshot-20190731-045722-Param-tres.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bober10113

magare

May 21, 2009
Brisbane
Endurance kernel work, I use it.
Screenshot-20190731-045722-Param-tres.png

Any special extra steps? My one is stack on LineageOS boot logo for a few minutes and then reboots to TWRP.

Which kernel did you use? Thanks

Endurance-Kernel-N9-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-AOSP-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-AOSP-OC-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-GSI-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-GSI-OC-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-OC-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-OC-2.0.26.zip

MohaHtn

Jan 6, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Any special extra steps? My one is stack on LineageOS boot logo for a few minutes and then reboots to TWRP.

Which kernel did you use? Thanks

Endurance-Kernel-N9-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-AOSP-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-AOSP-OC-2.0.26.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-GSI-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-GSI-OC-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-OC-1.2.32.zip
Endurance-Kernel-N9-OC-2.0.26.zip

You'll need to use Endurance-Kernel-N9-AOSP-2.0.26.zip, since this is an AOSP-based ROM. Just flash this one and it will work

Reactions: magare

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • HDMI
    • MTP
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Signal Strength
    • Encryption

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and is functional
    • Download the latest build and CSF9 vendor.img (optionally gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the vendor image
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

Telegram Group:
    @exynos9810

Paypal:
    synt4x93
    abtekk

Contributors: @abtekk, @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @Eamo5, @Ivan_Meler + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device Trees + Kernel: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Version Information
    Last Updated: 03-12-19
    ROM OS Version: 9 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.202
    Vendor: N960FXXS4CSJ1

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    17-07-19 Changelog -

• kernel tweaks
    • disabled zswap
    • drivedroid support
    Only on MEGA and newest is 24-10 :)

01-11-19 now.
    Flash CSI5 vendor (it is on my mega)
    I am not a dev (yet) but Reading from previous posts Unfortunately most of the Spen features are heavily dependant on other parts of Samsungs ROM, so porting it is not that easy,

I have posted once how I (kind of) compensated for the losing the spen features in this post, check it out
    Watch the video I posted too, it will show you the stupid hackery :D

One thing I noticed, that if you install Samsung Notes app from the store, it keeps crashing if you call it from app drawer, but if you create a snote widget you can open up the app and use it.
    I heard that editing the name of the device to Smth like htc in the build.prop will make the app work, I havent tried it yet, honestly Squid (the app) is good enough for me..

With GMD spen control + tasker + Squid, I simulated off screen memo (with some delay)

And with xposed edge (needs ed xposed) you can kind of compensate for the smart select feature with the pen feature in xposed edge..

I havent researched since then. Maybe more apps were released that make aosp life better, I wont be surprised if something that utilizes spen bluetooth capability came out.

Cheers