• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N960F][LineageOS 17.1][24-11-20][synt4x93]

Search This thread

mrmodzix

Apr 21, 2018
Still having UI lag in Chrome. Running 26/3 build with Whitewolf kernel. Any help is appreciated.

ghembuls

May 26, 2015
Jakarta
Others reported Chrome lag & overheating on 005, perhaps drop back to stock till resolved?
Ask on telegram or ww thread
https://t.me/joinchat/DNkhGFMc-o5FP9qSwz-4og
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga.../kernel-white-wolf-kernel-13-11-2018-t3866571

If you mean WW kernel 005, I can confirm that it has issue with overheating. I tried the TW version, and my phone was quite hot. The charger stopped cause the phone was too hot, and it felt a bit lag. I revert back to 004, seems all good.

fiskersc

Feb 4, 2011
Celaya
If you send me the phone then yeah sure, i'm not gonna blind build. Will take far too long.

Thanks I understand its a hard work, in the Note 10 forums there a version bu the developer is not active in the thread an the last build was from 20200323. Right now im on LOS 17, works well but dtw is not working, it has a bug on recent apps that not allow some time change the app only work with gesture back, the AOD the brightness depend of the level screen brightness.

It will be Amazing that you can use the device three and make a Rom for N970F I can be a Tester

livagoth

Thank you for the update. Some questions :

1. Connection to gear s3 works?
2. Is there dual app support, like dual WhatsApp, viber etc?
3. Ebanking apps work or do not work?
4. Is this suitable for the dual sim variant?

Thank you in advance for your help.

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria

1. Sorry, don't know...I can't imagine it would given how much samsung backend is required. You could probably get a connection but be missing a heap of features.
2. No. This is from samsung roms, ONEUI feature.
3.Yes, i've got multiple banking apps working no issues including pay pass but this depends on your bank.
4. Yes, works fine on F/DS.

No idea about 1 and 2

Reactions: livagoth

boka18

Jul 11, 2014
Kocani
Hey guys!
First of all I wanna say a huge thanks to @Synt4x.93 for making this possible. You Sir are hero.
Now, I've heard that Samsung is dropping the feature updates for Note 9 (which is very shi**y company politics), so I've decided it's time for me to switch to LOS. I have two question:
1. Does the stylus (pen) work?
2. Should we expect official LOS17.1 for Note9 in near future?

Thank you!

Reactions: Synt4x.93

ghembuls

May 26, 2015
Jakarta

Regarding No #2, there are many 3rd party apps which support dual app feature. It usually support 32 or 64 bits apps, either natively or using plugins or addons.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Hey guys!
First of all I wanna say a huge thanks to @Synt4x.93 for making this possible. You Sir are hero.
Now, I've heard that Samsung is dropping the feature updates for Note 9 (which is very shi**y company politics), so I've decided it's time for me to switch to LOS. I have two question:
1. Does the stylus (pen) work?
2. Should we expect official LOS17.1 for Note9 in near future?

Thank you!

1. Stylus/SPen is working only as pointers, any features you saw in OneUI/TW will no longer exist. Because most of that features are samsung IP (Intellectual Property Rights), thus, cant be used by other party. If you wish to use SPen in handwriting, you can use 3rd party apps which recognize SPen as input method.

2. Regarding official status, it really not that crucial. Many AOSP Roms are in unofficial status, but function properly and serve its purpose.

Reactions: boka18 and livagoth

Sep 12, 2008
Zurich
Netflix

Hello, does anyone know if NETFLIX will work? I have a xiaomi table with unofficial ROM and there I can't find Netflix app on google play store.

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
New builds with OTA support.

Notes:
- Use a stock unmodified vendor and update whenever available, we are using our own fstab now for optional encryption and adoptable storage support so we don't need to touch the vendor.
- If you go back to an official build after this with stock vendor, you will be force encrypted on first boot.
- These builds are based on the official lineage device trees and kernel, but with more flexibility and my preferred configuration.
- Lineage Recovery will be uploaded with each build and if you will only be running this rom i suggest to switch to it.
- OTA with Lineage Recovery will update and restore gapps/magisk for you so no need for any wipes.

Reactions: Gandicela

antoniu200

Oct 3, 2016
Zalău
Hi! So, I installed this ROM on my brother's Note9, it works far better than the Samsung firmware.

The only issue he had with it is that he'd like to have the stock Samsung camera app. I'm pretty sure it can be ported. It needs some frameworks and I think it should work.

Can I try and port the frameworks myself or do they need compiling? I saw a post on Android Stackoverflow that said compiling is necesary and now I see another one saying it isn't (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27889193/adding-own-framework-or-library-to-aosp).

If anyone knows exactly how this is done, I'd appreciate the reply.

Reactions: Synt4x.93

ToldornAtHome

Dec 30, 2019
Hi there. Just tried installing this one from a much older Lineage version from 2018.
Like an idiot, I did a TWRP 'format' and complete wipe before coming to the website and downloading and now after installing the vendor img and just the ROM find myself in a boot loop.

The phone starts up, I see the 'Samsung Galaxy Note9' icon, then the familiar Circle-On-A-Line animation, then it just reboots after 15seconds or so.

Can anyone help get my phone past this?

Thanks!

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Hi there. Just tried installing this one from a much older Lineage version from 2018.
Like an idiot, I did a TWRP 'format' and complete wipe before coming to the website and downloading and now after installing the vendor img and just the ROM find myself in a boot loop.

The phone starts up, I see the 'Samsung Galaxy Note9' icon, then the familiar Circle-On-A-Line animation, then it just reboots after 15seconds or so.

Can anyone help get my phone past this?

Thanks!

Q bootloader, This will cause the bootloop you are experiencing.
(you can flash the BL with odin from stock firmware, or a twrp zip from alexndr's devbase thread here on XDA)

Reactions: Gandicela

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
Changelog -
  • Linux 4.9.223
  • May security patch.
  • AOD now enters deep sleep, and does not count as screen on time in battery stats anymore.
  • Force touch home button now works on AOD.
  • S-Pen disabled on AOD to save battery.
  • Raised default AOD brightness from 25 to 30.
  • Vibration strength control in rom settings.
  • Set force touch home vibration to the same as "high" in oneui.
  • Enabled hotswapping simcard so we do not have to reboot after removing sim tray.
  • Imported pixel offline charging animation.
  • CPU utilisation percentage now shows correctly in kernel manager apps, it would show 0% before.
  • Major kernel scheduler changes to save battery and reduce heat.
  • Moved to my own release-keys instead of test-keys.
  • Set battery shutdown temp to 50c
  • Check git for more details and lots more miscellaneous changes.

You may have an issue with OTA and the latest 2 builds, will need to be flashed manually in recovery because I've changed over to my own release-keys, future builds will update seamlessly via OTA again.
Haven't posted here for a while as i don't use XDA much anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: yarpiin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

REQUIREMENTS:
    • ONEUI2 (10) OR NEWER FIRMWARE

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • TWRP
    • WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE
    • FLASH + (GAPPS/MAGISK)
    • REBOOT

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC Extended Length
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • OTA Updates
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner

NOTES:
    • Check my GitHub, I'm lazy.

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.218
    ROM Firmware Required: ONEUI2

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 26-02-2020
    Last Updated: 24-11-2020
    New build is up with april security patch, and kernel built with clang instead of gcc.
    Android Auto should be fixed, has been confirmed by a few s9/n9 users now.
    first one :) star man

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
    Can you please reupload on Google drive or afh? Mega not working for me.
    Tomorrow i will do

Ok, I found several bugs:
    1.) it isn't possible to hide navbar and notification bar. If xou select this option, the app lineageos setup crashed. Extended desktop doesn't work.
    2.) It isn't possible to set a mailbox number in "telefon" phone app
    3.) It isn't possible to switch to speaker in phone app

Btw. Is it possible to get dark theming for telefon, messager, contacts app? Maybe a other theming engine like substratum or hexinstaller?
    1 - seems to be an issue with lineage at the moment as far as we can tell. (aswell as a few other bugs in their trees at the moment)
    2+3 - works fine for me and all the other n9/s9/s9+ users of this rom on telegram, mailbox set the correct number by default for me and i can edit it aswell just tried, loudspeaker/bluetooth speaker is working fine for calling.
    Feel free to share logcat if possible, would be interesting to see what has broken it on your setup and not for anyone else, thanks :)

edit -
    just saw you edited your post and removed 2+3, glad you got it sorted.
    Seems pretty sweet but Android Auto is kind of important. You think a fix is possible?
    Yeah it will be done, haven't looked into it atm.

Why is it not mentioned in the instructions that Flashable_G96XF_Firmware_TWRP_DTAD_r2.zip is needed to be able to boot? Without it, a boot loop occurs.

Also, "Hey Google" isn't working properly. It turns itself off after enabling it. I used Open GApps nano. Someone got it working?

If you read, you can see I clearly tell you that Q BL is required. A lot of people are unable to read in 2020 it seems.
    Hey Google is working fine :) feel free to jump on to telegram if you are having issues.