I'll try to code it next summer during the holidays.
bootloop. After 40 mins never bootsWhat's working:
- Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
- Audio (Stereo Speakers)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- S-Pen Basics
- Call Recording
- Signal Indicator
What's not working:
- Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
- S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.
- Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
- Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
THE VENDOR.IMG IS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE ROM. FLASHING ANOTHER VENDOR WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP.
How to update builds?
- Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
- Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk, vendor etc
- use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update
- Galaxy Note 9 Exynos (N960F): https://mega.nz/#!P6gT1KrZ!qMh3yx9EI2vipcISnfm19LulRZT73Ns-N2oISlM0H5s
- Google Apps: https://opengapps.org/
- January Patch
- SELinux Enforcing
- Apex Enabled
- Kernel upstreamed to 210
- New WiFi Firmware
- OTA enabled
- Q friendly partition mounts
- New ramdisk
- GPS Locking more reliable
- New bluetooth HAL
- Offline charging fixed
- New Lights HAL to stop max brightness bug
- MTP/USB should be a bit more stable
- Fixed NFC (Requires factory reset if on earlier build)
- WiFi **should** behave a bit more.
- Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters
- Bluetooth call audio working
- UHD video recording with the camera app fixed
- Built against LOS december sources
- Wireless hotspot now enables
- Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.206
- DRM protected content will no longer crash the device (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc)
- SFingerprint scanner now works properly
- GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
- Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
- Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update
- First Build
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
ROM OS Version: 10 (Q)
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.197
Lineage-17.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Source Code: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-crown/tree/lineage-17.0
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-28
Beta Release Date: 2019-12-16
Last Updated 2020-01-29
Please don't quote the entire original post, it makes it annoying for other people scrolling through the thread. Other people are not having this problem so I would suggest trying again but follow OP's instructions very carefully.
As OP stated further up, as long as it is an Exynos device it will work. This ROM is working great on my dual SIM Note9 including dual SIM features.
I have exynos version, but I installed latest firmware from sammobile. after wiping every partition does not work. I dont have a /system folder, instead /system_root. so i have to create it and mount system in it in order to install the rom. and sometimes error 7 cant unmount system, or it takes infinite hours and the installation never ends (stuck in patching vendor) and every time bootloop.
My note 9 is SM-N960N