• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] NameLessFroyo (CyanogenMod variant) 20111013

Search This thread

NLJ

Jun 8, 2006
Hi!

I don't quite know how to start ;o) so...

This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 6, AOSP, Ezterry's and mine source code repositories . This ROM is not repackaged, moded, ripped, stripped, whatever version of any other ROM available on the Net.

Overview:
- 2.6.36.4 kernel from @Ezterry
- Native Apps2SdExt (also called Magpie) with Effdee fix (this also contains fix to pm/pm.jar used by f.ex. Titanium Backup when restoring app)
- xVold - mounts SdExt partition (if it exists) with data 2 SdExt
- Poor man SetCPU (as known from f.ex. Froyo by Laszlo) with safety valve logic by @hrk (CPU OC settings are not restored when phone crashes; you can safely try to push your CPU to the limit)
- CA Certs without compromised Diginotar keys
- CACertManager from Guardian Project
- long click on PowerWidget icon launches Settings (backport of CM7 feature)
- black bar theme (most of gfx were taken from @Sisterchick's themes but if you see your gfx used please let me know so I can give proper credits)
- uses AnyKernel so should boot on 2708/EBI0/EBI1 devices (tested only on 2708)
- stock Froyo Launcher (aka Launcher2)
- can use Swap or Compcache (both disabled by default and I don't really see the point of using any of them)
- no Gapps

2011.10.06 updates:
- Firerat's cache management ;o) script in /etc/init.d (https://gist.github.com/1182265)
- updated APN list
- Superuser 3.0 (upgradable via Market; please consider buying Elite version to show @ChainsDD some support)
Backports from CM7:
- RotaryRevamped, Lense and Ring lockscreen styles (Phone ui follows lockscreen style)
- Battery percentage on Lockscreen
- Restrict system packages to protected storage (this is security fix)

2011.10.13 updates:
- fixed bug in Phone app that caused crash when dpi setting were anything but 160
- fixed bug in Phone app that caused on screen Accept/Decline buttons not always show up
- Compcache/Swap is working again (note that activating/deactivating need reboot)
- Camera app with DCIM patch courtesy of @hrk

Known bugs/misfeatures:
The ROM runs perfectly OK without Ext partition. Only drawback is requester that pops up informing about unmountable SD card. What it's not telling is that only Ext partition is unmountable

No DCIM patch in Camera app this time (patch is against GB sources and I had no time to fix this; It's not hard just need time =o( This patch will make it into next release, sorry.

Apps2SdExt in this ROM is implemented at framework (system) level. Please do not use any scripts/apps that deal with applications installed on SdExt. Each and every application can be moved to and from SdExt using "Manage applications" under Settings. At some point in time I might add way to mass-move applications between SdExt, Internal and SdFat storages.

NameLessFroyo-multi-20110922.zip (md5: a21ce6a2c340fd71d17ce27dca60f58a ; sha1: 4e256d4dd27bd561619358d71f2520c9aca7fd8a)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111006.zip (md5: f3fc0a3f92a2796ecea9f8cf2b79f870 ; sha1: df9f21a7cce17ea7734b9e5b81a73e8cbccc8f57)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111013.zip (md5: 01a3def65577e563be17f86925e0d3d6 ; sha1: 3a53a8dd5e5f76430c261596640aada8c7e7f8b7)

First install instruction:
1. Boot into Recovery
2. Make a backup.
3. Wipe all and everything (including SdExt)
4. Flash zip
5. Flash GApps
6. Reboot

Installing updates:
1. Boot into Recovery
2. Make a backup
3. Flash zip
4. Reboot
(I do my best so that all updates are of no-wipe type)

On first boot give the Dream some 10 - 20 minutes to settle.
Enjoy the ROM =o)

Credits:
CyanogenMod Team - this ROM wouldn't exist without them and I'd be stuck on Dounts =o)
Firerat - without him I'd never dig that deep in the Android code
Ezterry - always helpful and all that excelent work on kernels and GB for D/S
Sisterchick - your themes are great (hope you don't mind taking some gfx from them)
hrk - always helpful and skilled coder

And special thanks to all those who made Android the way it is now =o)

Attachments

• NameLessFroyo.png
    NameLessFroyo.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Ring.png
    Ring.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:

hrk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Rome
- Poor man SetCPU (as known from f.ex. Froyo by Laszlo) with safety valve logic by @hrkdroid (CPU OC settings are not restored when phone crashes; you can safely try to push your CPU to the limit)

Well, that's still me ;-) Github already had an account for "hrk" registered a couple of days before I registered one :(... a stupid unused profile...

Nice to see a Magpie'd FroYo ROM! :)

Will you add my own DCIM compliant camera patch?

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
Very nice job, thank you for the magpied froyo rom. I will try it in the next days.

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using XDA App

NLJ

Jun 8, 2006
Well, that's still me ;-) Github already had an account for "hrk" registered a couple of days before I registered one :(... a stupid unused profile...

Fixed in the OP. Sorry for the mismatch (hrkdroid kinda get stuck in my head ;o)

Nice to see a Magpie'd FroYo ROM! :)

TBH Froyo by Laszlo was the first one (and yeah I've put my fingers there too ;o)

Will you add my own DCIM compliant camera patch?
Crap! I knew I forgot something! I have it open in on of tabs in Firefox. I'll add this after I put all my source changes to repos more online than my laptop (I just created ToDo too =o))

Very nice job, thank you for the magpied froyo rom. I will try it in the next days.

If you had data 2 sdext and were using Magpied ROM, you might try to skip wiping SdExt. Not sure if this will work when coming from GB to FroYou but.... =o)

can someone give me the download link of gapps
i wanna try this :)
Please closely inspect point 5 of install instruction... like hoover mouse over the "GApps" part or something ;o)

Reactions: jcarrz1

darius99

May 8, 2011
In Da Treez
thanks for this new modded cyanogen rom.flashed,booted and running normal.
love the honesty of it too, Nameless Froyo, laughed a lilwhen I saw the boot screen xD

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
OKKIE! D/L and flashed last night. Looking good at first glance. ;) :D I love it.

Niceee! on the move apps to SDExt/SDCard options. Now I get to move everything to SDExt.

59MB Internal spaces free? WOW! I am loving this :D, still got that and more even after about 5 - 6 apps installed. Usually I ran out of room by now and had to decide which apps I want to keep. :D

GGRRRR! Just got my first reboot (just now). I hate when that happens. Got to figure out why it does that..... :mad:

Wifi, Bluetooth works well.

Network connection even works in the building at my office. (cool) I get a constant signal finally (well not it about 85% stable)

Overall the system seem to run pretty fast, we'll see how it deal with my usage... ;)

Battery life with wifi on, and used not so good. But I guess that's how it is. I am used to constantly keeping it charged up anyway, so no worry there for me.

puppetcarl

Aug 22, 2009
Cooleemee NC
just started getting reboots. 3 in last 15 minutes.must find problem.
ok' ran this thing all day at work with no more reboots. don't know why they just stopped.lol

Last edited:

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
I've nbeen bootlooping for approx 30 minutes now...

WOW! Did you ever got to the lock screen at all?

What SPL/radio do you have?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

WOOHOOO! With thinning out the apps that I don't need, my internal spaces went up to 66MB, with 9 apps extra apps already installed.

Still running as fast as the first boot up. So far so good.

NLJ

Jun 8, 2006
All those that have probs with random reboots pleas try flashing kernel from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14768272&postcount=2427
Theoretically they are the same (same sources were used) but Ezterry uses GB toolchain to compile and that might be the diff.

@Eutherin well you could as well hook G1 to some usb cable and grab logcat for me, right?

If you want to report a bug/bootloop/etc at least try to grab a logcat. This will help solve probs.

Reactions: jcarrz1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I don't quite know how to start ;o) so...

This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 6, AOSP, Ezterry's and mine source code repositories . This ROM is not repackaged, moded, ripped, stripped, whatever version of any other ROM available on the Net.

Overview:
    - 2.6.36.4 kernel from @Ezterry
    - Native Apps2SdExt (also called Magpie) with Effdee fix (this also contains fix to pm/pm.jar used by f.ex. Titanium Backup when restoring app)
    - xVold - mounts SdExt partition (if it exists) with data 2 SdExt
    - Poor man SetCPU (as known from f.ex. Froyo by Laszlo) with safety valve logic by @hrk (CPU OC settings are not restored when phone crashes; you can safely try to push your CPU to the limit)
    - CA Certs without compromised Diginotar keys
    - CACertManager from Guardian Project
    - long click on PowerWidget icon launches Settings (backport of CM7 feature)
    - black bar theme (most of gfx were taken from @Sisterchick's themes but if you see your gfx used please let me know so I can give proper credits)
    - uses AnyKernel so should boot on 2708/EBI0/EBI1 devices (tested only on 2708)
    - stock Froyo Launcher (aka Launcher2)
    - can use Swap or Compcache (both disabled by default and I don't really see the point of using any of them)
    - no Gapps

2011.10.06 updates:
    - Firerat's cache management ;o) script in /etc/init.d (https://gist.github.com/1182265)
    - updated APN list
    - Superuser 3.0 (upgradable via Market; please consider buying Elite version to show @ChainsDD some support)
    Backports from CM7:
    - RotaryRevamped, Lense and Ring lockscreen styles (Phone ui follows lockscreen style)
    - Battery percentage on Lockscreen
    - Restrict system packages to protected storage (this is security fix)

2011.10.13 updates:
    - fixed bug in Phone app that caused crash when dpi setting were anything but 160
    - fixed bug in Phone app that caused on screen Accept/Decline buttons not always show up
    - Compcache/Swap is working again (note that activating/deactivating need reboot)
    - Camera app with DCIM patch courtesy of @hrk

Known bugs/misfeatures:
    The ROM runs perfectly OK without Ext partition. Only drawback is requester that pops up informing about unmountable SD card. What it's not telling is that only Ext partition is unmountable

No DCIM patch in Camera app this time (patch is against GB sources and I had no time to fix this; It's not hard just need time =o( This patch will make it into next release, sorry.

Apps2SdExt in this ROM is implemented at framework (system) level. Please do not use any scripts/apps that deal with applications installed on SdExt. Each and every application can be moved to and from SdExt using "Manage applications" under Settings. At some point in time I might add way to mass-move applications between SdExt, Internal and SdFat storages.

NameLessFroyo-multi-20110922.zip (md5: a21ce6a2c340fd71d17ce27dca60f58a ; sha1: 4e256d4dd27bd561619358d71f2520c9aca7fd8a)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111006.zip (md5: f3fc0a3f92a2796ecea9f8cf2b79f870 ; sha1: df9f21a7cce17ea7734b9e5b81a73e8cbccc8f57)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111013.zip (md5: 01a3def65577e563be17f86925e0d3d6 ; sha1: 3a53a8dd5e5f76430c261596640aada8c7e7f8b7)

First install instruction:
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Make a backup.
    3. Wipe all and everything (including SdExt)
    4. Flash zip
    5. Flash GApps
    6. Reboot

Installing updates:
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Make a backup
    3. Flash zip
    4. Reboot
    (I do my best so that all updates are of no-wipe type)

On first boot give the Dream some 10 - 20 minutes to settle.
    Enjoy the ROM =o)

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Team - this ROM wouldn't exist without them and I'd be stuck on Dounts =o)
    Firerat - without him I'd never dig that deep in the Android code
    Ezterry - always helpful and all that excelent work on kernels and GB for D/S
    Sisterchick - your themes are great (hope you don't mind taking some gfx from them)
    hrk - always helpful and skilled coder

And special thanks to all those who made Android the way it is now =o)
    New build of my ROM should be in a moment on the OP. This is bugfix release. Hopefully Phone app will not crash regardless of dpi settings =o))

@anddep
    Either find an app that does this or manually change
    ro.sf.lcd_density=160
    into
    ro.sf.lcd_density=150
    in /system/build.prop file
    @DorianX:
    what exactly do you miss? CM removed almost all of them just before GB and T-Mo theme engine. Some of them I might re-add (it's a bit tedious tho and my todo is already way to long compared to time I can spend on this)

@shadowch31
    that's what I needed ;o)))))
    So, did you flash this? or went straight to Ezterry's GB ROM? =o)
    For Ring lockscreen type you need to pick applications (up to 4) separately. Even if you had picked app for any other lockscreen type.
    After selecting apps you just touch middle ring and than drag it to one of app icons that will show up on screen. On the OP you'll find link to movie that shows this (on CM7 but it's exactly the same code)