[ROM] NCS ROM v2.3

Search This thread

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
Nano ROM
Debloated Customized and Inspired

Hello Huawei user

Since the Galaxy S3 i build Custom ROMs, but i'm since then not known here.. Everyone that use my builds know, the ROM is almost completely debloated. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the whole content they build in, although less than others. Before i changed to huawei i had an S3 like mentioned before, and a Z2 from sony. Im here since mid of june, and appreciated so far with a very stable and bugfree P9. At this stage i start here with my projects for all users like to flash custom roms. My support is highly 2-3 years or until EOL from Huawei.

nanoROM MallowPOP 2.3 B182
- SuperSU 2.78 R5
- Playstore 7.03
- Kernel rooting changed
Download
B182 Prerooted Kernel SR5

nanoROM MallowPOP 2.0 B180/B182
- SuperSU 2.78
- Playstore 7.0.X
- Rest as usual
Download (Fullwipe recommended or make backup before flashing)
Fingerprint Patch, flash through stock recovery.
B182 Prerooted Kernel

---------after B170 it only works with fingerprint patch or flashed full stock b180+ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nanoROM MallowPOP 1.2
- Added libs from B170
- Added Apps back
- Changed script again for better performance
- Attention: its a full update, but no wipe needed
Download

nanoROM aka MallowPOP 1.1
Based on L09C432B166 / some of you see B166 or B170 but its the same build
- Rooted + superSu 2.72
- Busybox 1.24.2
- Deodexed + Zipaligned
- No Bloatware
- init.d support
- Playstore 5.19
- removed google apps
- no bugs
- changed lines in updater-script for working camera
Download

XDA:DevDB Information
Nano Custom Stock ROM, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
dkionline
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.3
Stable Release Date: 2016-12-11

Created 2016-08-16
Last Updated 2017-05-24

Last edited:

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9

darthkir

Dec 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fantastic, I'm gonna try this soon.

Kindly consider to use build 183 on your next update. I think the JPEG output is slightly improved in that build and the new Smart-E feature is kinda neat.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: bunnybash

emilrune

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks for the custom Rom Mate, always good to have more Options. But...nothing really to this, except saving One from the Work of rooting and uninstalling apps themselves? As far as I read your release Notes?

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thanks for the custom Rom Mate, always good to have more Options. But...nothing really to this, except saving One from the Work of rooting and uninstalling apps themselves? As far as I read your release Notes?
Custom Stock, mate. If u want something, do it like me. This is my stock project. My other ROM comming soon. I do it for my pleasure, not for your problems. Not all people needs the same.

darthkir

Dec 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi @dkionline

I've had the pleasure flashing the ROM last night and been running it for more than 12 hours now.

Everything seems to work fine except for the Camera apps having issues launching twice today. It didnt launch and after multiple tries the screen went blank and I had to reboot.

Hope you can have a look on this. Thanks!

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
@darthkir, is yours L09 or another?
I know some apps can lag and stop running after a time like gallery and tapatalk. I look into it. Maybe bring a fix patch or build in next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: darthkir

darthkir

Dec 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
okay @darthkir, ill check what i can do. They maybe changed camera libs.
Btw, whats the new feature? I got the firmware, but im lazy to use L09 not AL00 builds.

One that I can remember (if correct) is Object Recognition mode. Didnt have the time to test it out though.

Besides the Camera app, I can remember a new smart assitance feature called the Smart E. Something that can replace the navigation bar by using a single floating, widget-like thingy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nano ROM
    Debloated Customized and Inspired

Hello Huawei user

Since the Galaxy S3 i build Custom ROMs, but i'm since then not known here.. Everyone that use my builds know, the ROM is almost completely debloated. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the whole content they build in, although less than others. Before i changed to huawei i had an S3 like mentioned before, and a Z2 from sony. Im here since mid of june, and appreciated so far with a very stable and bugfree P9. At this stage i start here with my projects for all users like to flash custom roms. My support is highly 2-3 years or until EOL from Huawei.

nanoROM MallowPOP 2.3 B182
    - SuperSU 2.78 R5
    - Playstore 7.03
    - Kernel rooting changed
    Download
    B182 Prerooted Kernel SR5

nanoROM MallowPOP 2.0 B180/B182
    - SuperSU 2.78
    - Playstore 7.0.X
    - Rest as usual
    Download (Fullwipe recommended or make backup before flashing)
    Fingerprint Patch, flash through stock recovery.
    B182 Prerooted Kernel

---------after B170 it only works with fingerprint patch or flashed full stock b180+ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nanoROM MallowPOP 1.2
    - Added libs from B170
    - Added Apps back
    - Changed script again for better performance
    - Attention: its a full update, but no wipe needed
    Download

nanoROM aka MallowPOP 1.1
    Based on L09C432B166 / some of you see B166 or B170 but its the same build
    - Rooted + superSu 2.72
    - Busybox 1.24.2
    - Deodexed + Zipaligned
    - No Bloatware
    - init.d support
    - Playstore 5.19
    - removed google apps
    - no bugs
    - changed lines in updater-script for working camera
    Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nano Custom Stock ROM, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    dkionline
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-11

Created 2016-08-16
    Last Updated 2017-05-24
    next update comes today.
    nanoROM 2.0 B180 1.sept16 patch
    Ok guys, i have an almost working build. Now i have to change small custom things for root and more. The ramdisk got updated and doesnt work with older or custom kernel until there got the new one implemented. I tested it by myself and got brick camera and fingerprint due new security patch. And yes, EMUI 4.1.1 is inside.
    1.2 is a full update and coming in a couple of hours. I had to change some script related things that needs a full rom flash, but no fullwipe needed. Ive included libs from B170 that i think do the same like in B183 from china version, that doesnt mean i dont look in that firmware, but i want near stock for nano and custom for eco. hope all understand that.
    @dkionline, if i may ask what is the governed you used in your kernel?
    All stock in this rom, but i work on custom too.
    No it's simply a ROM with stock apps uninstalled. Something you can do a million different other ways...
    Yes, right. You can change what u want. The difference is, i make something for this device, other pips would do nothing, just talk bad things.