• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Neutrino ROM v3.02

Search This thread

jman316

Jan 28, 2010
You know the sync symbol stays there even if I switch all sync off...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

merikgvr4

May 5, 2008
oh thats ok..it does it a lot so i thought maybe cause for concern..but sounds like i dont need to!
cheers buddy :)

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Hi all,
anyone thought of replacing the notification bar with this? now that would be cool! CM7 but a Kit kat notification bar!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315342&page=75

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

my youtube doesnt work!!! In fact it never has with this rom. Is there a workaround?

There is a mediafire link that has a modified youtube app. That fixed mine. Google neutrino rom youtube doesn't work.

jman316

Jan 28, 2010
Hi guys... does the camera recording in HD here... I can't tell..

Last edited:

jman316

Jan 28, 2010
OK so I had to refresh.. But it seems like ive lost Google hangouts. I cant see it in the market place anymore...

The addons-zip do have Gtalk but hangouts would be better!! :(

update: found a apk and now all is good in the world!

Last edited:

James62370

Feb 22, 2007
My apologies for reviving an old thread. I sent back my current phone and I'm using my Atrix4G as a spare. I've installed this ROM which is fast and makes this 4 year old phone quite useable.

I'm experiencing some random reboots, was wondering if anyone who is still currently using this ROM as a daily driver can confirm. The other issue is with bluetooth audio during native sip calls. It seems I have to toggle the call on hold before being able to hear any audio during calls when connected through bluetooth. When using third party sip apps, bluetooth audio doesn't seem to work at all. Works fine when bluetooth not connected, but I just love using my wireless headset.

Anyway, I know this is an old thread and might not possibly get a response, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for this very fluid ROM!

Letitride

My apologies for reviving an old thread. I sent back my current phone and I'm using my Atrix4G as a spare. I've installed this ROM which is fast and makes this 4 year old phone quite useable.
I'm experiencing some random reboots, was wondering if anyone who is still currently using this ROM as a daily driver can confirm. The other issue is with bluetooth audio during native sip calls. It seems I have to toggle the call on hold before being able to hear any audio during calls when connected through bluetooth. When using third party sip apps, bluetooth audio doesn't seem to work at all. Works fine when bluetooth not connected, but I just love using my wireless headset.
I still use my Atrix 4G as a backup device for travel - was on one of the newer Jellybean Rom running offline map for in-car navigation on a trip to Grand Canyon with zero data coverage - and it was okay, except for the battery charging issues, etc. Decided to go back & clean install ElmasRom (as GB rom tend to stable and run most basic apps and has very good standby/battery life). I hate it when I turn it on & the battery is dead, as the JB roms managed to stay on/reboot despite turning it "off" - LOL. WiFi is good, not sure about bluetooth (I will give it a quick workout if I sense any problems) - might be worth using if you are using it while your new "toy" is coming. With MxPlayer - it's a pretty neat MP3/MP4 player with a decent pair of in-ear headset on the road (transcon /oversea flights in airplane mode)
If you cannot download the Rom, etc. as many of the original links posted are dead or no longer valid, as the developers all moved onward or ahead to 2+ generations of newer phones by now. PM/message me via XDA here & I can help.
Regards !

ALinkToTao

Aug 15, 2015
Hi, people! How can I get Neutrino ROM files? First page links are broken. Thanks!

PM me if you're still looking for this ROM. I still have an Atrix 4g (and intend to keep it forever). It is my only phone I use. It is also my girlfriend's only phone (which I set up for her). This ROM is the most functional, stable, battery efficient ROM I have found for the 4g and I've had the device for a long time. If you're still looking, I have the files.

gradd

Jan 10, 2012
N15°42.305' E120°54.047
PM me if you're still looking for this ROM. I still have an Atrix 4g (and intend to keep it forever). It is my only phone I use. It is also my girlfriend's only phone (which I set up for her). This ROM is the most functional, stable, battery efficient ROM I have found for the 4g and I've had the device for a long time. If you're still looking, I have the files.

pm sent. thanks in advance :D

rico542

Dec 30, 2014

Hey,
I was looking for Neutrino 3.02 again (sdcard out of order) and i found it on xda.
So i reply, maybe it could help someone else.

Someone post this on xda :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50457519&postcount=10116

The link's still working.
The Neutrino file you can download from there is a zip file containing neutrino v3.02'rom zip AND other stuff so don't forget to unzip the file (understand don't flash it directly)

Reactions: gradd

ALinkToTao

Aug 15, 2015

Here is a link to download the ROM with addons:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1dK_MNqB5v3m9ZkWsCrT-OZFtfog-xAPN

After all these years, Neutrino is the best ROM I've seen on the Atrix 4g that still can do what I need it to do. It's my one and only phone thanks to this ROM.

I also repacked my own fonts for Neutrino. I found fonts in this ROM to be very thin and somewhat difficult to read. I included a procedure that describes how to install it using ES File Explorer. I've attached a zip that contains the files.

If this interests you unzip the attached zip file and follow the procedure below:

THIS TWEAK COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE.

BACK UP YOUR CURRENT SETUP BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH CLOCKWORKMOD OR SIMILAR NANDROID BACKUP!!

It is a good idea to make a backup of your current fonts in case you don't like these fonts.

1. You can do this by using ES File Explorer and making sure root explorer is enabled.

2. While you’re at it, under the app’s menu, after root explorer is enabled (if not already enabled) tap the word “root explorer” not the on/off toggle and a menu will appear.

3. At this menu go to Mount R/W. Here, you will see system marked as RO. Switch it to RW. (You will want to make sure it switches back to RO when done).

Save a copy of your fonts found at /system/fonts on your external sd (emmc) in case you want to revert to the old fonts. **IF something goes wrong, you can also always restore your setup from the NANDROID BACKUP you made.**

Installing the bold fonts:

1. Copy the folder labelled “fonts” to /system. You will be prompted to overwrite this folder.

2. DO NOT exit ES file explorer yet. Go into the the “fonts” folder you just pasted in place, and in each .tts file, long press and select “properties”. Make sure the boxes under “permissions” are checked in this configuration for EACH FILE.
Read: Write: Execute:
User: X X _

Group: X _ _

Other: X _ _

After you do this, permissions should read r w - r- - r- -

DO THIS FOR EVERY .tts FILE IN THE “fonts” FOLDER

3. Tap menu in this app. Tap the words for “root explorer” (not the on/of toggle). Tap “Mount R/W”. Switch system back from RW to RO.

4. You may exit ES file explorer or reboot. Your phone will probably freeze and reboot as soon as you exit on it’s own. When it boots back up, you should have some really easy to read text in every application. :)

Reactions: gradd

gradd

Jan 10, 2012
N15°42.305' E120°54.047
thanks for sharing neutrino links. this rom is so small and stripped down which a good thing btw. too bad camera and flash light still doesnt works. maybe i should try to clean install, wipe everything including boot and the entire internal storage. i got 2 atrix the second one was in my closet and same issues the camera just went fc (if not) at the same time. both camera and flash light works before i left the other on the drawer, and the other which i flashed neutrino was my carphone (battery weak and most of the time plugged. my only suspected issues were that the same phone i logged on the same motoblur account. theres a notification every reboot of 'blur account error'. so after googling, i found few atrix owners has this same issues which points out to the same known cause

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cooltext611172736.png

BASED ON CM-7-20130301
    As Notorious544d permitted me (THANKS!)

"Thinking of, a CM 10.2 based Neutrino once it's stable."

CHANGELOG

THIS ROM DOESN'T INCLUDE STOCK CALENDAR AND SEARCH APP
    IF YOU WANT THOSE BACK, FLASH THE ZIP PROVIDED BELOW

What's Fixed?
    CyanogenMod Settings Force to Close
    Clock Character Alignment (APP)
    Occasionally unresponsive screen and buttons (sort of)

What's Updated?
    Synced with CM-7-20130301 Nightly
    Updated Superuser App

What's Changed?

MIUI Camera to Default CM7 Camera (Video Recording is a lot more smoother)
    Tweaked media_profiles.xml (enhances photo and video quality)
    #Build.Prop Edits
    Internal SD as Main Storage

Others
    User Interface used = v2.9 (looks better than 3.00B1)
    added graphical elements from 3.00B1
    Reverted font back to Roboto Thin

NEUTRINO 4 (work in progress)

Reworked most of it..
    Bugs fixed
    (whole changelog will be rolled on neutrino 4 release)

Suggestions and Bugs?
    You Tell Me.

LINKS

Neutrino 3.02
    http://d-h.st/Wbn

Calendar and Search

http://d-h.st/lmk

Addons
    http://ge.tt/84vdN0M?c

READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING

This is an enormously STRIPPED DOWN ROM. Many features YOU need may NOT be available in the base package. If there is any loss of functionality, you'll need to flash an ADDON
    Before you download, ensure your contacts are saved onto your SD card or memory card. Contact/Calender sync is not included natively, you must flash the 'Sync addon.'
    This is a CM7 BASED ROM. So anything that doesn't work on CM7 like Webtop will NOT work on this ROM also. Please do not request non-CM7 features.

INSTALLATION

Install zip through CWM or TWRP

For clean wipe :
    Wipe data, system, cache, dalvik cache then install zip

For easy wipe (upgrade from 2.9 or 3.00b1) :
    Go into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache then install zip

After booting to Neutrino, reboot your device to fix the soft key issue

Wiping data may not be necessary with every update, but it's best to flash clean. However, if you regularly flash the updates, you'll most likely need to wipe data at some stage anyway.

#ultimate2323
    Neutrino ROM by Notorious544d
    Sorry for any further delay, please consider that I spent midnights working on this project.
    My goal is to make Neutrino 4 the most stable.. fastest and the best CM7 ever.
    Sad to say, this will be the last..

Keep in touch ;)

Hey!

Sorry, it's been a while now, still very busy in some things.
    Skipped 3.03 and created a Major Update, "Neutrino 4" (maybe the last Neutrino)

Neutrino 4 will be rolling soon (still fixing additional bugs)
    Hey!

Hey! Great news guys, just going to fix some tiny bits of it and I'll upload it tomorrow (and screenshots too)

Thank you for waiting :)

Additional Info :
    Bugs/Problems fixed (probably most of it)
    It's Done!

Hey guys, here it is!
    will post the screenshots in a couple of days
    I apologize for delays, been busy in life..

Neutrino 4 (74mb) : http://d-h.st/lmx
    New gapps and other optional functionality (packaged) : http://d-h.st/Zpl

Changelog :

New User Interface
    New System Icons and Graphical Elements
    Bugs and Problems Fixed (most of it)
    Corrupted Manifests Fixed
    Gallery App Fixed [Updated]
    Camera App Fixed [Updated]
    Updated Superuser App
    A little bit of tweak for a more stable ROM
    New Launcher
    Calendar and Search integrated
    Switchable Fonts (gapps link)
    Switchable System Menu Color (gapps link)
    Other Updated apps
    Added more Lockscreens

if you need more languages, you can flash one from the gapps link I provided above

Question : How Do I Change the Thread Title?