• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][New][Unofficial] OpenKirin's LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 8

Search This thread

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
logo-2.png

Latest update: June 29th 2017

Disclaimer:
Altough we are working hard to deliver a bug-free rom, things may break and we are not responsible if something goes wrong and your hardware becomes damaged or if you have any problem, you are taking a risk flashing roms.

Hi, so you might wonder why the other thread got closed and what's all of this about. Well, the answer is that now I'll be maintaining this rom while Surdu will take care of Resurrection Remix, the rom is the same and you can flash this builds without wiping if you had the 'older' rom.

Instructions:

If you come from stock EMUI 5.0:
  • Install TWRP (Available in this subforum)
  • Format data
  • Flash vendor.zip
  • Flash LineageOS's zip

If you already have LineageOS:
  • Flash LineageOS's zip
Downloads:
Find them in this DevDB project section called 'Downloads' (you might need to use a computer)

Bugs:
  • Encryption

Changelog:
Code:
01/06/2017 - Fixed random reboot issue
01/06/2017 - Added loop support
29/06/2017 - Fixed tethering
29/06/2017 - Fixed shaky camera
29/06/2017 - Updated Lineage source

Asking for help...
There are still some little bugs to fix and things will break from time to time, so in order to properly help you and keep the thread organized every help petition should include:
  • Brief description of the issue
  • A way to replicate it
  • Screenshots/Logs

Without that information, your post will be futile so please meet those easy conditions and try to keep the thread clean!

Last but not least, thanks to the whole OpenKirin team (@surdu_petru @OldDroid) for their amazing job at keeping updated roms for kirin devices as well as helping with this one.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 8, ROM for the Honor 8

Contributors
XePeleato, surdu_petru, OldDroid
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2017-06-01
Last Updated 2017-06-30

DJ Daemonix

Dec 31, 2016
Very nice job, and happy you fixed the issue. I'll set it as my daily driver once everything's OK :)

So what exactly caused the issues ? I'm curious as to whether it could have been solved on our own (i do say without Huawei's kind but forced operations).

And what do we do with that vendor.zip ? Flash it on top of Lineage's original Vendor package ?
(EDIT : Check post on top, the joys of cross-posting :D)

Still, thank you immensely on behalf of all the community :)

Last edited:

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
So what exactly caused the issues ? I'm curious as to whether it could have been solved on our own (i do say without Huawei's kind but forced operations).

Hi, the problem was that a driver introduced by Huawei checked the time that it takes to boot (running in a kthread), if it takes more than three minutes it reboots to eRecovery, but it looks like it waits for a signal from userspace to check if it booted (like, write 1 to /sys/.... Whenever it boots).

We were actually aware of this being the issue, and tried to avoid it by editing the function's code (ARM64 instructions because we had no source (By filling the function with NOP or returning 0)) but we didn't succeed at first and thought that the kernel release was near so it made no sense to keep wasting time on it, if you want to see more details just go to github and check what we did, I hope that you understood the explanation.

Thanks for your kind words!

EDIT: The rom is up, you can download it now.

faeArai

Sep 26, 2008
Thx for your job. I'll now have to unlock the bootloader and start flashing. Two questions: can I lock the bootloader again once I installed LOS? Do i need to install twrp or is it enough to just boot it for installation?

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
can I lock the bootloader again once I installed LOS?

Not at all, you need to be on EMUI in order to relock it. (You can if you go back to EMUI but I think that you asked if you could do that while you are on LineageOS).

Do i need to install twrp or is it enough to just boot it for installation?

TWRP is just needed to format data and install the ROM, there's no need to keep it after installing the ROM.

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid

VenuGopalu

Nov 22, 2015
rajahmundry
does the rom supports volte?if no please add that feature..this is the one con to make it as my daily driver

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

thanks for your hardwork :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

Latest update: June 29th 2017

Disclaimer:
    Altough we are working hard to deliver a bug-free rom, things may break and we are not responsible if something goes wrong and your hardware becomes damaged or if you have any problem, you are taking a risk flashing roms.

Hi, so you might wonder why the other thread got closed and what's all of this about. Well, the answer is that now I'll be maintaining this rom while Surdu will take care of Resurrection Remix, the rom is the same and you can flash this builds without wiping if you had the 'older' rom.

Instructions:

If you come from stock EMUI 5.0:
    • Install TWRP (Available in this subforum)
    • Format data
    • Flash vendor.zip
    • Flash LineageOS's zip

If you already have LineageOS:
    • Flash LineageOS's zip
    Downloads:
    Find them in this DevDB project section called 'Downloads' (you might need to use a computer)

Bugs:
    • Encryption

Changelog:
    Code:
    01/06/2017 - Fixed random reboot issue
    01/06/2017 - Added loop support
    29/06/2017 - Fixed tethering
    29/06/2017 - Fixed shaky camera
    29/06/2017 - Updated Lineage source

Asking for help...
    There are still some little bugs to fix and things will break from time to time, so in order to properly help you and keep the thread organized every help petition should include:
    • Brief description of the issue
    • A way to replicate it
    • Screenshots/Logs

Without that information, your post will be futile so please meet those easy conditions and try to keep the thread clean!

Last but not least, thanks to the whole OpenKirin team (@surdu_petru @OldDroid) for their amazing job at keeping updated roms for kirin devices as well as helping with this one.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 8, ROM for the Honor 8

Contributors
    XePeleato, surdu_petru, OldDroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2017-06-01
    Last Updated 2017-06-30
    Hey people new update! https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=25090

I have to get out of home right now so I can't write a long post, NFC and RIL detection fixed.
    I see vendor.zip only in Downloads section :)

Yeah only vender.zip is in the download section, there's no Lineage zip :)

Please be patient, it's coming very soon :p

Thank you for understanding !
    Enough!

Thread Cleaned and Members please report the issues or violations, do not post against. Consider this my only warning.
    Time for an update! (Download in the Downloads section)

Changelog:
    Fixed tethering
    Fixed camera stability
    Updated to B385
    Updated to the newest LineageOS sources

Attention!
    if you come from an EMUI version older than B385, you'll need to either update to B385 and then flash LineageOS or flash 'product.zip' (in the Downloads section).

Have a nice day!