• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] NexusSense 0.3 (0.3 UP!) DO NOT FLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009

nexusssense_img_1.png

nexusssense_img_2.png
[/URL]
CURRENTLY FOR GSM ONLY
PULLED DUE TO SERIOUS ISSUES

Update 5/10/2011:

0.3 Tentative Release Info:

• ZipAligned and Deodexed frameworks
  • Sense 3.0 Lockscreen
  • New Bootscreen
  • Fixed Root issues
  • NS4G Support

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9AxqLF2Vw
Thanks aaronpaws for the video

Fine Print:
I claim no responsibility for any broken devices resulting from human stupidity or testing of this rom. If you throw your phone against a wall because you are pissed off it has no bluetooth, it's not my fault.

Credits:
TeamGalaxySense: A lot of collaborative effort went into both of these ROMs.
raffyvito: Developer of the Galaxy S Sense port. Gave good advice on porting.
Ivanmmj: Helped teach me a lot of what I know about Android development.
dima_sk8er: Made some awesome splash images and the bootanimation.

Instructions:
1. Do a Nandroid Backup
2. Wipe and flash through clockwork.
3. Wait to boot. Unlock screen comes up, if you slide, down you will see an HTC screen. It seems like it takes forever, but eventually the setup menu will appear.

Last edited:

FaithCry

Aug 26, 2010
Very excited for this release, been waiting a long time even for a hint of sense!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

T

twitch351

Great job! Adding some change to the Nexus S developers thread. ;) Aside from MIUI that is...

-I wrangled together some consonants and vowels and created this post-

thebowers131

Jul 8, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Hey I know you just started this thread but you should put up a link so we can donate. I know myself and I'm sure plenty of other people would be glad to donate.

I'm downloading now can't wait to see sense on my NS :) :) Honestly great job man!

MistaJae

May 4, 2010
I've been secretly waiting for a sense port :-D

Can't wait til data works, I have to try this out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nexusssense_img_1.png

nexusssense_img_2.png
    [/URL]
    CURRENTLY FOR GSM ONLY
    PULLED DUE TO SERIOUS ISSUES

Update 5/10/2011:

0.3 Tentative Release Info:

• ZipAligned and Deodexed frameworks
    • Sense 3.0 Lockscreen
    • New Bootscreen
    • Fixed Root issues
    • NS4G Support

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9AxqLF2Vw
    Thanks aaronpaws for the video

Fine Print:
    I claim no responsibility for any broken devices resulting from human stupidity or testing of this rom. If you throw your phone against a wall because you are pissed off it has no bluetooth, it's not my fault.

Credits:
    TeamGalaxySense: A lot of collaborative effort went into both of these ROMs.
    raffyvito: Developer of the Galaxy S Sense port. Gave good advice on porting.
    Ivanmmj: Helped teach me a lot of what I know about Android development.
    dima_sk8er: Made some awesome splash images and the bootanimation.

Instructions:
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup
    2. Wipe and flash through clockwork.
    3. Wait to boot. Unlock screen comes up, if you slide, down you will see an HTC screen. It seems like it takes forever, but eventually the setup menu will appear.
    Message to everyone:

I plan on releasing the next version soon as I haven't really had time to try to fix the video acceleration issues and camera. I appreciate some of your patience, and I say "some" because I have also received some demanding PMs asking me to release it right now. I don't get paid to do this and so I have to go to school and work, and I have other priorities as well, so I hate giving ETAs because I fail to live up to them and people complain.

As far as the next version:

I hope to have some pre-modified kernels available for flashing. Why don't I include one as default? Because I feel it should be a user choice thing.
    What about IMEI and EFS? Your IMEI will remain safe. I will include two versions, one will have the auto-backup EFS script, and the other will not. Why not include it in both? Some people might be paranoid about ANYTHING touching the EFS folder including a backup script, so choice is always the best option.

I will need help with further updates and features if anyone has any experience with rom development or think they can fix an issue. TeamGalaxySense has all but disappeared and their thread has been locked due to excessive flaming. I think everyone is kind of getting too busy atm, but I promised an update and I wont fail to bring it to you.
    Changelog

0.1:
    • It Boots!!!
    • Wifi, Cell Radio, HW3D broken.
    0.2:
    • Fixed HW3D
    • GPS Works
    • Sound Works
    • SMS and Phone works, no 3G yet.
    • Fixed WiFi
    • Added new bootsplash
    Recent pages cleaned up. Grow up, people. If there weren't so much fighting, maybe the devs would be more inclined to work (for free) to help you guys.
    WE HAVE DATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still needs some time as this is a new base and i just ported it over so I still have to fix some libs. But I can confirm 3G Data is working!!!!!