• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][NIGHTLIES][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z

doudz01

Nov 10, 2015
@doudz01,
@jeromelec,

Do you have Google Maps and any kind of a GPS tool installed? ( f.i. GPS toolbox, GPS status ) If Google Maps is installed, which version?
Yes I have Google Maps version 9.60.1. It's working but since the last ROM version (20170827) some times the GPS doesn't work (no fix) a simple reboot fix the problem. Same problem with Waze.

I installed sensors multitool app to check the Gyro and everythings seems ok but I'm not an expert.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wered.sensorsmultitool

SONiX-GERMANY

Mar 11, 2013
I installed sensors multitool app to check the Gyro and everythings seems ok but I'm not an expert.

That's what i'm talking about, the sensors are ok. I've got 2 C6603, one stock, one LOS, to compare, and from time to time i change the systems, LOS to stock - stock to LOS on each device. LOS since january, various builds from various devs,, so i had many, many time to test. I noticed months ago that Google Maps is responsible for probs with location, direction - the gyro - in Google apps, like streetview and so on - since they had the "great" idea to play around with our compass. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, even if calibrated correctly. Screen rotates like crazy, north and direction is wrong after a few rotations, this applies to both, stock LP ( ever re-locked BL ) and LOS. Other apps are not affected, PoGo, OsmAnd, TomTom, various compass apps work correctly, even if Google Maps is installed.

Please try the following and report:

Stop, delete all data and deinstall any additional GPS tool,
Stop, delete all data and deinstall Google Maps, use link2sd if installed Google Maps as system app, it's easier to navigate through your apps. Reboot.

Install this free compass for calibration:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fulminesoftware.compass

Install this version of Google Maps:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...-5-release/maps-8-4-1-3-android-apk-download/

Please report.

Reactions: NamenIos

doudz01

Nov 10, 2015
So, I've done many test :

- I have removed, Google Maps and other GPS Tools :
=> Cardboard doesn't work (image doesn't move)
- Reboot :
=> Cardboard now works
- Tried to reinstall Google Maps from Google Play
=> Image in Cardboard slowly spinning around
- Uninstall Google Maps
=> Same problem until reboot
- Tried to install the old Google Maps
=> Same problem of spinning Image

So I reinstall the lastest Google Maps from Google Play.
But I notice that after a reboot, Cardboard is working good as long as I don't use Google Maps. If I open Google Maps then image in Cardboard is spining.
With or without Google Maps, Street view does strange thing when turn around

I hope this can help fixing things

Reactions: SONiX-GERMANY

tejas_kesaria

May 17, 2016
Bug Report 20170827 build

@Daedroza
Two main bugs in the latest build (20170827):

1. Wifi connectivity drop issue
2. Battery drain is huge than previous builds( need to use power save mode when phone is not gonna be used to reduce drain)

P.F.A for logs

Attachments

Daedroza

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2014
daedroza.github.io
@Daedroza
Two main bugs in the latest build (20170827):

1. Wifi connectivity drop issue
2. Battery drain is huge than previous builds( need to use power save mode when phone is not gonna be used to reduce drain)

P.F.A for logs
Too many ticks I guess, I removed that defconfig change long ago, it was just a small test.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Reactions: darkblack_ice

alvangee

Oct 5, 2015
Is there any option to activate mobile data at single tap? Having to tap two time is annoying.
Power Toggles have the widget you need. Just one tap.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Trying to update. When flashing the latest build (20170827) I get the error
Code:
Finding update package
Opening update package
E:failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process: 0
Never had problems updating.

Am I doing something wrong?

__raptor__

Sep 29, 2012
Stuttgart
Power Toggles have the widget you need. Just one tap.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Trying to update. When flashing the latest build (20170827) I get the error
Code:
Finding update package
Opening update package
E:failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process: 0
Never had problems updating.

Am I doing something wrong?
Have you tried downloading the file again? There's a possibility that the file you downloaded is corrupted.

alvangee

Oct 5, 2015
Have you tried downloading the file again?
Tried that twice.

The file is good, the problem is with the recovery. After flashing first of Daedroza's ROMs after Chippa_a's I somehow got not TWRP Recovery but another one (with very minimal interface and controlled by volume up/down buttons and Power button). So this recovery gets the Error with latest ROM.

I installed TWRP Manager from Google Play, tried to install TWRP Recovery from it, got the error saying that "Recovery installation wasn't succesful, probably due to it being installed already". App suggested me to reboot into recovery and I did it. And this time I got into TWRP, not that minimal one.

And TWRP din't have that file mapping problem. Although it showed two Errors "unrecognized command' but overall status of flashing was "Sucess [1.0000000]".

Last edited:

schastang

Nov 18, 2016
I'm not a pro, advanced user maybe, i'm on LOS with my YUGA since january, so i would say i highly recommend to use Deadroza's kernel, it seems it's optimized as much as possible, so helper apps like ForceDoze are not neccessary. Performance is good, no OC is needed, it only eats your battery, i'd wish the step down to 192 MHz is included - for max battery saving.
Hi Daedroza,

Such a good work on this ROM. Thank you!
Have you planned to modify kernel to allow:
- overclocking (at 1728 MHz, useful in photo / video processing app)
- downclocking (at 192 MHz for battery saving)
- CPU voltage modification ?

Thanks a lot.

Seb

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
[...]Have you planned to modify kernel to allow:
- overclocking (at 1728 MHz, useful in photo / video processing app)
- downclocking (at 192 MHz for battery saving)
- CPU voltage modification ?[...]
See post #19:

Folks asking, this is a development thread.
- No custom mods
- No Substratum Support
- Nothing that will create unwanted noise in developing / stabilizing this ROM.
- No Xposed[...]
There is a possibility that his opinion will change in a few days when the device family is added to the weekly builds, but I doubt it.

For all I know there is no working downclocking to 192/200MHz for our processor. All prior solutions only showed 192/200MHz but stayed at 384MHz - this was reliably discovered by running benchmarks (and the fact, that the PLL config was not changed).

Reactions: SONiX-GERMANY

Daedroza

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2014
daedroza.github.io
We've successfully pushed to Nightlies.
Since all the builds are done alphabetically with other phones, the first nightly would be in following sequence:
dogo -> odin -> pollux -> pollux_windy -> yuga
Each of the devices download page should be created and popped with a new build as soon as it's completed and uploaded (till 24th of this month).

Notice: The builds that are provided by me are unsigned debug enabled builds. Meaning the /data stack is incompatible with signed builds (provided by LineageOS build bot). Switching over to nightlies would require full clean flash. Also, since signed builds have no debug facilities ON by default, so there shouldn't be any SU addon pre-installed. You need to manually flash that if you plan to use root for your device.

Also, my Fusion3 device broke a few days ago. It's the power controller that has successfully burned out. I've been trying to repair it since few days, but all my attempts are in vain. Today, I will go to a professional to deal with the hardware issue. If someone has an extra Fusion3 device lying around, please let me know. Thanks, and Cheers.

Special thanks to:
- @Chippa_a
- @CyberWalkMaN (This guy is a genius and deserves a beer and all efforts were taken by him is the reason we are here, thanks a lot.)
- @sigprof (For tedious debugging and fixes that I couldn't figure out)
- @namenlos
- @AdrianDC (Legend)
- @CAHbKA (For pollux / pollux_windy bringup)
- @MardonHH (For all the testing)
- @alex-gibson
- @Røbin (For all the testing)
- @tejas_kesaria (For testing)
- @ldx63 (Helping and testing in-call audio with headphones)
- @C0rn3j (Early testing)
- and those were all involved.

Sorry if I'm forgetting someone. If my device doesn't get fixed, I'm happy to say I had the best time with everybody.

Last edited:

Zerikwan

May 11, 2016
Pekanbaru
Dear all
I have an international sony 8 inches SGP621 (Xperia™ Z3 Tablet SGP621FRBAE1), rooted with SuperSU Free v2.79, TWRP installed, 3.0.2-0, and running marshmallow 6.0.1.
Base band : 8974-AAAAANAZQ-00112-61
Security patch : May, first, 2016
Build : 23.5.A.1.291
3.4.0-perf-gc 14c2d5
I would like to update to [ROM][DEVELOPMENT][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z
Usually I manage to do that after reading ton’s of messages! But today I am lost.
Should I flash either “lineage-14.1-20170827-UNOFFICIAL-odin.zip” or lineage-14.1-20170827-UNOFFICIAL-dogo.zip”, open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20170916.zip, and to be still rooted, addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip?
English is absolutely not my native language! Flash directly from my TWRP already installed or with odin on my computer? I have also flashfire pro on my sony , should I use it, and if yes, with witch .zip? Should I wait for the incoming update?
Sorry for asking so many questions… Kindly yours from an old man
Sir, I think you can't flash Z rom to Z3 tablet.

Reactions: bvannier

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
Can you please confirm that this requires only the following steps:
  • reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data and cache
  • flash LineageOS zip
  • flash GApps (if required)
  • reboot
I think there are possible leftovers from /system/addon.d from gapps (and maybe magisk if you had it installed). So if you want to be extra safe, wipe system too, shutdown the recovery and then boot into recovery again. Most likely the steps you described are enough though.

Dear all
I have an international sony 8 inches SGP621 (Xperia™ Z3 Tablet SGP621FRBAE1), rooted with SuperSU Free v2.79, TWRP installed, 3.0.2-0, and running marshmallow 6.0.1.
Base band : 8974-AAAAANAZQ-00112-61 [...]
You are probably searching for this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/z3...-lineageos-beta-nmf26q-sgp611-sgp621-t3532370 I think you need the Scorpion version (without windy) for your LTE tablet (windy is for the wifi only version).

If you are on the official firmware you need to unlock you bootloader and before that optionally backup your TA partition. I would assume it's very similar to the other Sony phones. So in short: for ta backup search the sony cross develop forum, then unlock with the how to on the sony website. If you have problems to go into recovery or system you can use the command "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" (download from twrp.me put in the same folder as fastboot) and then the phone should boot into recovery everytime. From there flash the rom. Do it step by step and if you have questions ask in the thread for scorpion (you can mention me (@ + nickname), so I get a notification (there is no L in my nickname just a capital i).

SONiX-GERMANY

Mar 11, 2013
...Also, my Fusion3 device broke a few days ago. It's the power controller that has successfully burned out. I've been trying to repair it since few days, but all my attempts are in vain. Today, I will go to a professional to deal with the hardware issue. If someone has an extra Fusion3 device lying around, please let me know. Thanks, and Cheers.

Special thanks to:
- @Chippa_a
- @CyberWalkMaN (This guy is a genius and deserves a beer and all efforts were taken by him is the reason we are here, thanks a lot.)
- @sigprof (For tedious debugging and fixes that I cannot do)
- @namenlos
- @AdrianDC (Legend)
- @CaHbKa (For pollux / pollux_windy bringup)
- @alex-gibson

What an impressive list, AdrianDC, Mardon, alex-gibson, great names, and of course all the other helping enthusiasts. Amazing.

I'd donate you my 2nd YUGA, it's not 100% ok, it was opened by the pre-owner, i think there is some dirt on the back camera ( inside ) and the lower speaker volume is very low, a girlfriend noticed this in WhatsApp voice mails when i gave it to her as "holiday phone". USB port is ok, TA-backup made. I did'nt pay for it, so i lose nothing. PM me if you're interested.

C0rn3j

Jan 22, 2016
We've successfully pushed to Nightlies.
Since all the builds are done alphabetically with other phones, the first nightly would be in following sequence:
dogo -> odin -> pollux -> pollux_windy -> yuga
Each of the devices download page should be created and popped with a new build as soon as it's completed and uploaded (till 24th of this month).

Notice: The builds that are provided by me are unsigned debug enabled builds. Meaning the /data stack is incompatible with signed builds (provided by LineageOS build bot). Switching over to nightlies would require full clean flash. Also, since signed builds have no debug facilities ON by default, so there shouldn't be any SU addon pre-installed. You need to manually flash that if you plan to use root for your device.

Also, my Fusion3 device broke a few days ago. It's the power controller that has successfully burned out. I've been trying to repair it since few days, but all my attempts are in vain. Today, I will go to a professional to deal with the hardware issue. If someone has an extra Fusion3 device lying around, please let me know. Thanks, and Cheers.

Special thanks to:
- @Chippa_a
- @sigprof (For tedious debugging and fixes that I cannot do)
- @namenlos
- @AdrianDC (Legend)
- @CaHbKa (For pollux / pollux_windy bringup)
- @alex-gibson

Sorry if I'm forgetting someone. If my device doesn't get fixed, I'm happy to say I had the best time with everybody.
This is great news!(Except for your device dying)

Will the first yuga build have the Sept 5 patch level? There's a massive bluetooth exploit that it fixes.