[ROM][NIGHTLIES][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia ZR

Search This thread

Daedroza

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Hello, I am having a trouble with LineageOS 14.1, i have an Xperia ZR (C5502) with LOS 14.1 (nightly 20171114) with Open GApps Micro, no root.

Everything seems ok and I have been using this ROM for two months, but when I play games that are heavy (Last Day on Earth, Build a Bridge, etc) the phones get laggy, FPS drops and sometimes is impossible to keep playing, I think that is a kernel issue, because I heard something like that on other post, but I don't know how to flash a kernel or what kernel to use, my actual kernel is:

3.4.113-dogo-gf0c0adf
jenkins@iktinos.acc.umu.se #1
Tue Nov 14 06:10:43 CET 2017

P.S.: when I was in my stock ROM (5.1.1) I haven't this issues and every game has a great performance

Sorry for the late reply, I recently to got know about frame drops from one of my testers too when playing heavy games.
I provided him with a build with CAF modifications that did solve the issues for him. However, there are lot of leaks that needs to be addressed.
Our focus at the moment is on Oreo and security patches for 14.1

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
Sorry for the late reply, I recently to got know about frame drops from one of my testers too when playing heavy games.
I provided him with a build with CAF modifications that did solve the issues for him. However, there are lot of leaks that needs to be addressed.
Our focus at the moment is on Oreo and security patches for 14.1

Thank you for your reply, is ok :fingers-crossed: I can wait for it, I also has to report that sometimes when I plug my phone to PC "AudioFX" stops and sometimes there are soft reset (not full reset, just soft reset without Sony logo screen).

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Thank you for your reply, is ok :fingers-crossed: I can wait for it, I also has to report that sometimes when I plug my phone to PC "AudioFX" stops and sometimes there are soft reset (not full reset, just soft reset without Sony logo screen).

I don't have this problem, only way you can help me is using a full logcat and kmsg.

Just to be sure, you did a full clean flash and didn't use any app to restore your backup apps, right?

Reactions: Sereseli97

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
I don't have this problem, only way you can help me is using a full logcat and kmsg.

Just to be sure, you did a full clean flash and didn't use any app to restore your backup apps, right?
I'm sorry, I don't know how to use logcat of kmsg, I'm no so into development.

I did a clean install wiping everything (even SD storage), after that I flash LineageOS and Open Gapps Micro, then wipe cache and Dalvik, and that's it. When I started the phone I do a fresh start with nothing more than my Google account and to test, the first thing I did was to download the game before mentioned.

(Even try a thing that other user tell me, to flash the kernel of the zip file as kernel with Flashtool, then to the clean install, is the same).

taman89

Apr 14, 2017
Does anybody have grainy and cloudy pic on default camera? I am excited to know about manual setting like iso, HDR etc could be possible on this cam.

Lλmdα

Jan 12, 2017
This v14 has potential bug, when we attend conference call or call, and if we click picture from camer, the voice goes away.
At times you need to reboot phone to get the outgoing voice to the other party.

Reactions: Sereseli97

Linux Klaus

Jul 21, 2017
Hey everybody :),

since the last 2 or 3 updates I am experiencing a lot of random reboots and a lot of apps are crashing. Anybody experiencing the same? Currently I am running the build from the 21st of March.

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
LineageOS-15.1 is going to be official in next few days.

How to update?
1. Download LineageOS-15.1 build from Updater.
2. Download your preferred Google 8.1.0 Apps package from here.
3. Flash LineageOS-15.1 & google apps package.
4. Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
5. Reboot.

Recommended: Clean flash (full wipe) over 14.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 14.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Nightlies : https://download.lineageos.org/dogo

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 7.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Informations and references :
    About LineageOS updates : ChangeLog available on http://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/dogo/
    About LineageOS device side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, cDogog, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

[/INDENT]

LineageOS available for Dogo also thanks to :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][NIGHTLIES][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia ZR, ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
    Daedroza, AdrianDC, Chippa_a, Olivier, Namelos, CyberwalkmaN, sigprof
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-07-17
    Last Updated 2017-11-10
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Fully enforced
    We've successfully pushed to Nightlies.
    Since all the builds are done alphabetically with other phones, the first nightly would be in following sequence:
    dogo -> odin -> pollux -> pollux_windy -> yuga
    Each of the devices download page should be created and popped with a new build as soon as it's completed and uploaded (till 24th of this month).

Notice: The builds that are provided by me are unsigned debug enabled builds. Meaning the /data stack is incompatible with signed builds (provided by LineageOS build bot). Switching over to nightlies would require full clean flash. Also, since signed builds have no debug facilities ON by default, so there shouldn't be any SU addon pre-installed. You need to manually flash that if you plan to use root for your device.

Also, my Fusion3 device broke a few days ago. It's the power controller that has successfully burned out. I've been trying to repair it since few days, but all my attempts are in vain. Today, I will go to a professional to deal with the hardware issue. If someone has an extra Fusion3 device lying around, please let me know. Thanks, and Cheers.
    New build is up folks.
    - Security patches till July 2017.
    - Clean build, inclusive of all changes by LineageOS till yesterday.
    - Includes DRM libraries.
    - All other standard bugfixes from cm-13.0 thread, all of them. YES, all of them.
    - Attempt to fix a problem as told here (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73250499&postcount=16)

Folks, this has been a year long journey for me, let's face it, I am learner, so I need your feedback here. Even a smallest problem (like force closes) will seen as long as you provide logs. Regarding stability, we're not pushing devices that reboot or mess up after some time. A lot of people are involved in completing this and I would like to thank all of them. And good feedbacks are welcome too, if it works for you :)
    I' ve decided to give it a go. Thank you @Daedroza. But to be sure that everything goes well, I need little help. Right now i'm on stock 5.1.1 locked bootloader(C5503). Rooted, Xposed and using XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE by [NUT]. And my question is: do i NEED to clear my fotakernel before or after unlocking bootloader?( checked from the menu,yes i'm allowed to unlock it). What version TWRP is recommended? Thanks in advance!

you dont have to clean fota,

and I used this twrp recovery and it was very good