[ROM][NIGHTLIES][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia ZR

Search This thread

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
In previous versions, I could not get the phone app to work. No sound and no mic. Also, audio programs would not play. Severe audio issues. Is this fixed?

Jrobah

Sep 2, 2014
Nairobi
just flashed this using open gapps pico, got setup wizard has stopped working errors at first boot, went to settings and removed the google account and was able to set it up without using any network. now am not able to set up a google account in the playstore, the setup page just keeps loading
Edit*** I used Micro gapps and it worked

Last edited:

Jrobah

Sep 2, 2014
Nairobi
everything in the rom now works perfectly except for Voice calls. I cannot hear other people when calling yet they can hear me. No sound at all when calling others yet while using earphones I can perfectly receive a call. Anybody with a solution?

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
My apologies. It's the headphone jack. It thinks there are headphones plugged in when there aren't. My friend SEVERELY screwed up the jack on his phone. He has to plug and unplug headphones to get the speaker working. The jack looks like a dumpster fire. Glad it ain't MY phone.

Reactions: Daedroza

pratik.chabria

Dec 28, 2014
My apologies. It's the headphone jack. It thinks there are headphones plugged in when there aren't. My friend SEVERELY screwed up the jack on his phone. He has to plug and unplug headphones to get the speaker working. The jack looks like a dumpster fire. Glad it ain't MY phone.

Tell him to use the app sound about from play store the jack issue can be solved ,mine is fked too :D

Reactions: mrsubway

lix989

Oct 8, 2017
Few things found in the past few days

Thank you very much for the wonderful rom.

I am using the nightly of 20171002, it seems most of the things work smoothly, besides:

1. Voice call such as facebook messenger, google hangout in video mod the speaker doesn't work, however if I just using the facebook messenger in pure communicating mode, not in the video mode, the speaker works!

2. The gps locating works, however it seems updating and reconnecting quite often and unstable in Google Map app under navigation mode. (With the SIM card inserted, the gps works all right. It seems stable now, yet I don't know why exactly.)

3. The stock ZR is with MHL supporting, however it doesn't work in this ROM.

Just providing what I observed in the past few days.

And again, thanks @Daedroza for this fabulous work.

Last edited:

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
Hello, anybody knows if this ROM works with C5502? And if it has the same issue that has Stock Lollipop 5.1.1 about SD card (You can't delete files on SD cards unless you put a name to the SD card on Windows Explorer - I also have the issue I can't delete files with Solid Explorer even with a named SD card, so I have to use Astro for delete SD card files). If anyone can help me with those questions I will really appreciate it.

lix989

Oct 8, 2017
Hi @Sereseli97,

I am using this ROM on my C5502 right now, besides the speaker doesn't work in video mode with Facebook messenger app or Google hangout app, so far almost everything works perfectly and smoothly.

I have implemented a 64gb c10 class sdcard on it, tried it on external mode then internal mode, working fine without the issues you mentioned.

:)

Hello, anybody knows if this ROM works with C5502? And if it has the same issue that has Stock Lollipop 5.1.1 about SD card (You can't delete files on SD cards unless you put a name to the SD card on Windows Explorer - I also have the issue I can't delete files with Solid Explorer even with a named SD card, so I have to use Astro for delete SD card files). If anyone can help me with those questions I will really appreciate it.

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
Hi @Sereseli97,

I am using this ROM on my C5502 right now, besides the speaker doesn't work in video mode with Facebook messenger app or Google hangout app, so far almost everything works perfectly and smoothly.

I have implemented a 64gb c10 class sdcard on it, tried it on external mode then internal mode, working fine without the issues you mentioned.

:)

Thank you very much for your reply, for the moment I use that feature some times, so I won't use it for now. But I'll follow the thread and use it when it fix :) thank you again. (Oh, it doesn't matter if this ROM is C5502 or C5503, right? It's the same for both models?)

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
I'm now trying this ROM in LineageOS 14.1 nightly 20171002 - Android 7.1.2 with Open GApps Pico (I tried to install Micro but got a problem with the version of TWRP Recovery - Error 64, I downloaded Pico package just to be sure I was not size problem). Right now everything works perfect, except Auto brightness that has some lag (4 o 5 seconds) and battery problems that I want to know if anyone has it.

Phone Idle this so much of battery usage (almost 25% of quota) and discharges very fast. Normally I sleep without charge my phone, with networks off, airplane mode on and brightness to 0. In Lollipop 5.1.1, in eight or nine hours it drains 2% as maximum without any use, right now with the same settings it drains 5-6% and somehow I noticed it charges a little faster it should. I just installed and it takes me very long to download my apps, so I'll wait one month before update with a clean install and this time with Micro :p

I will appreciate if anyone can help me know if the battery issue is software relate (I don't have FB installed BTW)

And sorry if my English is not good :)

Røbin

Jun 2, 2015
Dhaka
Nokia 8
I'm now trying this ROM in LineageOS 14.1 nightly 20171002 - Android 7.1.2 with Open GApps Pico (I tried to install Micro but got a problem with the version of TWRP Recovery - Error 64, I downloaded Pico package just to be sure I was not size problem). Right now everything works perfect, except Auto brightness that has some lag (4 o 5 seconds) and battery problems that I want to know if anyone has it.

Phone Idle this so much of battery usage (almost 25% of quota) and discharges very fast. Normally I sleep without charge my phone, with networks off, airplane mode on and brightness to 0. In Lollipop 5.1.1, in eight or nine hours it drains 2% as maximum without any use, right now with the same settings it drains 5-6% and somehow I noticed it charges a little faster it should. I just installed and it takes me very long to download my apps, so I'll wait one month before update with a clean install and this time with Micro :p

I will appreciate if anyone can help me know if the battery issue is software relate (I don't have FB installed BTW)

And sorry if my English is not good :)
Did you followed clean flashing this rom?After Flashing the rom zip did you wipe cache/dalvik before flashing open gapps? There's no issue with the battery performance at all.overall performance of this rom is great.

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
Did you followed clean flashing this rom?After Flashing the rom zip did you wipe cache/dalvik before flashing open gapps? There's no issue with the battery performance at all.overall performance of this rom is great.

Actually I didn't, this was my process: after installing TWRP Recovery (I have to install it as kernel with flashtool because when I tried on fastboot mode I got "command not allowed" on ADB CMD (bootloader unblocked). With TWRP I'd make all wipes (System, Data, Cache, Dalvid - Everything except internal storage), I installed LineageOS and after I installed Open GApps. I didn't wipe after ROM and before GApps.. Maybe is that? Thank you for your fast reply :)

Røbin

Jun 2, 2015
Dhaka
Nokia 8
Actually I didn't, this was my process: after installing TWRP Recovery (I have to install it as kernel with flashtool because when I tried on fastboot mode I got "command not allowed" on ADB CMD (bootloader unblocked). With TWRP I'd make all wipes (System, Data, Cache, Dalvid - Everything except internal storage), I installed LineageOS and after I installed Open GApps. I didn't wipe after ROM and before GApps.. Maybe is that? Thank you for your fast reply :)

Try this again
Enter twrp recovery mode
Clean this - Data,cache,dalvik,Internal, System
Flash Lineage rom
wipe Cache/Dalvik
Flash Gapps
Done.
If you need supersu root then
download supersu latest flashable zip(search on Google)
Flash via twrp recovery
Done.
Reboot to system.
Let us know after that if you have the issue again.

Sereseli97

Aug 30, 2015
Try this again
Enter twrp recovery mode
Clean this - Data,cache,dalvik,Internal, System
Flash Lineage rom
wipe Cache/Dalvik
Flash Gapps
Done.
If you need supersu root then
download supersu latest flashable zip(search on Google)
Flash via twrp recovery
Done.
Reboot to system.
Let us know after that if you have the issue again.

I will try that, I don't use often root access, so I won't enable it for know :) thank you very much for your help, when I reflash later I will come by feedback. Have a nice day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 14.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Nightlies : https://download.lineageos.org/dogo

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 7.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Informations and references :
    About LineageOS updates : ChangeLog available on http://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/dogo/
    About LineageOS device side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, cDogog, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

[/INDENT]

LineageOS available for Dogo also thanks to :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][NIGHTLIES][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia ZR, ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
    Daedroza, AdrianDC, Chippa_a, Olivier, Namelos, CyberwalkmaN, sigprof
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-07-17
    Last Updated 2017-11-10
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Fully enforced
    We've successfully pushed to Nightlies.
    Since all the builds are done alphabetically with other phones, the first nightly would be in following sequence:
    dogo -> odin -> pollux -> pollux_windy -> yuga
    Each of the devices download page should be created and popped with a new build as soon as it's completed and uploaded (till 24th of this month).

Notice: The builds that are provided by me are unsigned debug enabled builds. Meaning the /data stack is incompatible with signed builds (provided by LineageOS build bot). Switching over to nightlies would require full clean flash. Also, since signed builds have no debug facilities ON by default, so there shouldn't be any SU addon pre-installed. You need to manually flash that if you plan to use root for your device.

Also, my Fusion3 device broke a few days ago. It's the power controller that has successfully burned out. I've been trying to repair it since few days, but all my attempts are in vain. Today, I will go to a professional to deal with the hardware issue. If someone has an extra Fusion3 device lying around, please let me know. Thanks, and Cheers.
    New build is up folks.
    - Security patches till July 2017.
    - Clean build, inclusive of all changes by LineageOS till yesterday.
    - Includes DRM libraries.
    - All other standard bugfixes from cm-13.0 thread, all of them. YES, all of them.
    - Attempt to fix a problem as told here (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73250499&postcount=16)

Folks, this has been a year long journey for me, let's face it, I am learner, so I need your feedback here. Even a smallest problem (like force closes) will seen as long as you provide logs. Regarding stability, we're not pushing devices that reboot or mess up after some time. A lot of people are involved in completing this and I would like to thank all of them. And good feedbacks are welcome too, if it works for you :)
    I' ve decided to give it a go. Thank you @Daedroza. But to be sure that everything goes well, I need little help. Right now i'm on stock 5.1.1 locked bootloader(C5503). Rooted, Xposed and using XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE by [NUT]. And my question is: do i NEED to clear my fotakernel before or after unlocking bootloader?( checked from the menu,yes i'm allowed to unlock it). What version TWRP is recommended? Thanks in advance!

you dont have to clean fota,

and I used this twrp recovery and it was very good