[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rapepini

Nov 27, 2012
Zero Branco
Well, ROM is very stable and smooth for me, but battery life isn't much optimized... Here are my wakelocks.
uryhu9a9.jpg
yrypygy3.jpg

Google Play Services drain too much battery... What should I do?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
use a freezer ... er ... :p anyways ... freezing would cause problms...nevermind....try a task killer ? clean master ? battery doctor ?

mrkeked

Mar 12, 2008
It's running smoothly both on my I9100P. Battery life actually seems better than the stock 4.1,

What bothers me, though, is KtiKat itself! There aren't any usable notifications in the lock screen (missed calls, etc), the address book lost some functionalities such as the ability to merge contacts, small things like that... It does feel like "one step forward, two steps back."

MasterJam882

Jan 26, 2011
Frankfurt
It's running smoothly both on my I9100P. Battery life actually seems better than the stock 4.1,

What bothers me, though, is KtiKat itself! There aren't any usable notifications in the lock screen (missed calls, etc), the address book lost some functionalities such as the ability to merge contacts, small things like that... It does feel like "one step forward, two steps back."

Merging contacts is still possible. Open the contact, menu, edit, then tap merge or separate.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: mrkeked

lovesickformina

May 21, 2009
I can't seem to find turning on ART option.

EDIT: Damn, sorry, found it. Gonna try using ART and report later

Last edited:

mardiie

Aug 9, 2010

Notifications are were they always are, in the status bar! You can also slide it open on the lockscreen. Why would you want them filling up the lockscreen. You can get DashClock in play store if you need it but IMO googles design principle wins. There are so many apps that totally rape the interaction on android phones and all of them only seem to make it more complicated like those apps that can show apps over other apps, like that's useful at all on a 5 inch screen. App switching is perfect. Some crazy peeps around if you ask me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mrkeked

Mar 12, 2008
Notifications are were they always are, in the status bar! You can also slide it open on the lockscreen. Why would you want them filling up the lockscreen. You can get DashClock in play store if you need it but IMO googles design principle wins. There are so many apps that totally rape the interaction on android phones and all of them only seem to make it more complicated like those apps that can show apps over other apps, like that's useful at all on a 5 inch screen. App switching is perfect. Some crazy peeps around if you ask me.

I totally agree with you on apps over apps. But, to me, the lockscreen is not a place where too much interaction is going on. You turn it on to glance at the time or unlock the phone, that's it. So, big notifications over there make sense to me.

I really liked how Samsung did their lockscreens. Originally you would swipe the lockscreen background away and the homescreen would be below that. That was eventually scrapped. And you could/can directly unlock into the missed calls/texts, which I also liked. DashClock does it, but either the widget is minimized, which makes it no different from the status bar, or you keep it expanded and then you have an extra step to do to unlock the phone. Over the years I get the feeling that, in order to move forward, I have to loose stuff that I like,

You can see that in other things too. The new alarm no longer has an "intelligent mode" with a gentler wakeup system, the address book no longer has the option to only show contacts with phone numbers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I really like it, it feels cooler than JB. But I'm definitely adjusting to some missing bits that I was used to having.

mardiie

Aug 9, 2010
I totally agree with you on apps over apps. But, to me, the lockscreen is not a place where too much interaction is going on. You turn it on to glance at the time or unlock the phone, that's it. So, big notifications over there make sense to me.

I really liked how Samsung did their lockscreens. Originally you would swipe the lockscreen background away and the homescreen would be below that. That was eventually scrapped. And you could/can directly unlock into the missed calls/texts, which I also liked. DashClock does it, but either the widget is minimized, which makes it no different from the status bar, or you keep it expanded and then you have an extra step to do to unlock the phone. Over the years I get the feeling that, in order to move forward, I have to loose stuff that I like,

You can see that in other things too. The new alarm no longer has an "intelligent mode" with a gentler wakeup system, the address book no longer has the option to only show contacts with phone numbers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I really like it, it feels cooler than JB. But I'm definitely adjusting to some missing bits that I was used to having.

No idea about the alarm options realy! You can let the widgets show full size in CM by going to Lockscreen options, might help!

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia

In Cyanogenmod you can maximise widgets so that dashclock gives you full view (+ quick shortcuts to notifications) on your lock screen. By the way, in maximised mode, you can just long press the small lock to unlock the phone - no need to tap and then swipe to unlock.

There are "gentle" alarm tones out there. Plenty of aftermarket apps too. This doesn't really bother me... the flip to snooze is nice though.

The contacts with phone numbers doesn't bother me, because if want to call or text someone, I just type the name and only contacts with phone numbers appear. I think the way it works is fine and nice and simple.

mrkeked

Mar 12, 2008
In Cyanogenmod you can maximise widgets so that dashclock gives you full view (+ quick shortcuts to notifications) on your lock screen. By the way, in maximised mode, you can just long press the small lock to unlock the phone - no need to tap and then swipe to unlock.

Aah, I see it now! I was trying to swipe the small lock, which wasn't exactly what I was meant to do. It was giving me grief because I could either have Dashclock maximized or the one-action-unlock. Long pressing it works for me, thx!

There are "gentle" alarm tones out there. Plenty of aftermarket apps too. This doesn't really bother me...

It just bothers me to a small degree, that I have to go and find some new age sound for the alarm, same as having to install DashClock and the notifications widget.

The contacts with phone numbers doesn't bother me, because if want to call or text someone, I just type the name and only contacts with phone numbers appear. I think the way it works is fine and nice and simple.

I was used to going to the actual contact list a whole lot, either for calls or even for texts (long pressing the contact), so having a barebones contact list is an adjustment to me.

But the phone app is an improvement, yes.

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
ok .. first impressions .. felt good ... to have the stock cm - feel .. just one thing .. @milaq can you make everything in white ? like after checking an option , a
the tick should be white in kk instead of blue in jb...while i switch wifi on .. the tab that switches from of-to-on becomes blue and not white .. white would bring in premium kk experience .. other than that .... last nightly was pretty stable .. did not check art .. but battery was definitely good .. keep up the good work (y) !

CRXed

Jan 7, 2010
The new alarm no longer has an "intelligent mode" with a gentler wakeup system, the address book no longer has the option to only show contacts with phone numbers, etc.

Aren't those CM features that are just not yet in CM11 yet?

Reactions: flasherruts

edcarsky

Nov 14, 2010
twitter.com
i tried the recent update today i9100/cm-11.0/cm-11-20140114-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip, wiping and installing done well so far, but i noticed that my 3g doesnt work at all, the confusion made with me instead i'll seeing H+ on signal icon, R is showing in the icon.

is there anyone guys who has issue on your 3g, if so, please advise.

mardiie

Aug 9, 2010
i tried the recent update today i9100/cm-11.0/cm-11-20140114-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip, wiping and installing done well so far, but i noticed that my 3g doesnt work at all, the confusion made with me instead i'll seeing H+ on signal icon, R is showing in the icon.

H+ is 3g and better so if it's working seems fine to me.

CRXed

Jan 7, 2010

No they don't!

Just checked on my Nexus 7 with AOSP Kitkat. Blue ticks/labels.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

R = Roaming...are you connected to the right network?

Check your APN settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts