[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [Lollipop] [5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
1DbRuvZ.png

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 12.0 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

MINIMUM SYSTEM SIZE 800MB
Lollipop needs more space than earlier Android versions. Resizing your system partition to at least 800mb is required.

Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout
Easiest way to get the correct partition sizes is by using jcsullins tptoolbox (v42)
Alternatively one could use "Tailor" in webOS (install with preware et al)

media - 896mb
cache - 200mb
system - 896mb
data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~12.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

Download Recovery (CWM-6.0.5.1-jcs)
CWM with datamedia support required

Download builds

Download Google Apps (2014-11-09)

Changes
Upstream changes

Devicetree commits

Kernel commits

Wifi driver commits

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Last edited:

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Thanks/Credits
  • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
  • William Bellavance (flintman) - for many fixes and further development
  • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for continuing to port awesome stuff to the TouchPad and many great commits
  • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
  • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
  • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
  • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
  • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
  • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

IRC channel
Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Last edited:

googlephone

Jul 7, 2010
Known bugs / caveats:

• Camera is not working
  • "Ok Google" hotword detection causes infrequent SODs for some
  • you tell me...
Wow, Second cm12 build for our touchpad!
I see that the media partition is mounted by default, am I understanding right?

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium App

googlephone

Jul 7, 2010
How long does the first boot take? It's at the spinning screen for 10 minutes now.
Update: it took 11 minutes to pass the spinning screen, and a total of 34 minutes to finish the boot up.

Last edited:

googlephone

Jul 7, 2010
dirty flash from cm11 or something?

Yes. From jcs 20150113 cm11 build. I wanted to try if dirty flash works.If not, I would just go to recovery wipe data and reboot (I had my apps backed up with mybackup pro.
So far, it seems dirty flash works, took long time to boot up though.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Anyone know where is the superuser setting? It used to be above developer options in cm11 but I couldn't find it in settings menu in cm12. I can see superuser request prompt.

yohaskan

Aug 27, 2007
Hi Milaq,
Nice to see you in another adventure of The lost TouchPad

Is it the same Media partition/Datamedia we use from last rom's Invisiblek [5.0.2][3.4 Kernel] CyanogenMod 12.0 ?
Can we test in dirty flash from here ?

StoneRyno

Oct 29, 2011
What can I expect going to CM12 from CM11? Like are there compatibility issues with apps I am using to be concerned about? Is it recommended for daily use? I mostly play games with my touchpad on a daily basis. And less frequently watch video (YouTube, hulu, netflix, etc), web browse, and email.

Reactions: smurof1

bundys

Jan 31, 2010
Two quick bugs I found.
1 - When rearranging tiles, the wrong tiles move under my finger (seems like an offset issue).
2 - Settings crashes when I try to enable swiftkey keyboard from its own interface. If going through language/input interface in settings, swiftkey doesn't even show up despite being installed.
Otherwise the performance is great on this ROM.

Reactions: MaxAuray

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Yes. From jcs 20150113 cm11 build. I wanted to try if dirty flash works.If not, I would just go to recovery wipe data and reboot (I had my apps backed up with mybackup pro.
So far, it seems dirty flash works, took long time to boot up though.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Anyone know where is the superuser setting? It used to be above developer options in cm11 but I couldn't find it in settings menu in cm12. I can see superuser request prompt.

Superuser has been merged with Privacy Guard, make sure that root access is selected in Developer Options, go back then look in Privacy / Privacy Guard tap and hold on one of the apps to see all the permissions for that app, Root access is normally at the bottom of the list.

Reactions: RolandDeschain79

puhleez

Jan 3, 2011
Middle TN
This version works great on my touchpad. Perf is good and digitizer works. Assume the 3.4 kernel has some issues with some touchpads? Only issue I have is when streaming music the WiFi will drop out and then the music stops but it does eventually recover.

Czo

Jul 4, 2007
Anyone with random reboots? With today build, i have reboots in every 5-10 minutes, so i switched back to 0118 build, because the reboots rarely with it.

last_klog attached from a panic with 0118.

Attachments

• last_klog.txt
    256 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: milaq

puhleez

Jan 3, 2011
Middle TN
No reboots so far for me.. Will continue to use throughout the day and see.

Edit: lol spoke too soon. First reboot just happened.

Last edited:

bundys

Jan 31, 2010
This version works great on my touchpad. Perf is good and digitizer works. Assume the 3.4 kernel has some issues with some touchpads? Only issue I have is when streaming music the WiFi will drop out and then the music stops but it does eventually recover.
Looks life digitizer issues were caused by the boot partition running out of space. Once the Evervolv boot image was deleted, cm installed fine, both 3.0 & 3.4 kernels.

Reactions: milaq and puhleez

Czo

Jul 4, 2007
Reboots seems to be wifi/ath6k/sdio related. I have 3 more crashlogs.

edit: Yes, it's WiFi related. Upload test with speedtest.net app always reboots the device.

Attachments

• last_klog-201501211933.txt
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
  • last_klog-201501211943.txt
    86.2 KB · Views: 5
  • last_klog-201501212015.txt
    78.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: milaq

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
This is pretty vague, but do you notice the gpu performance weaker ? I have random very minor but noticable slow downs on games. I game fully and perfectly played in KK will now suffer a certain... frame slow down... hard to explain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1DbRuvZ.png

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 12.0 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

MINIMUM SYSTEM SIZE 800MB
    Lollipop needs more space than earlier Android versions. Resizing your system partition to at least 800mb is required.

Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout
    Easiest way to get the correct partition sizes is by using jcsullins tptoolbox (v42)
    Alternatively one could use "Tailor" in webOS (install with preware et al)

media - 896mb
    cache - 200mb
    system - 896mb
    data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~12.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

Download Recovery (CWM-6.0.5.1-jcs)
    CWM with datamedia support required

Download builds

Download Google Apps (2014-11-09)

Changes
    Upstream changes

Devicetree commits

Kernel commits

Wifi driver commits

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Thanks/Credits
    • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
    • William Bellavance (flintman) - for many fixes and further development
    • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for continuing to port awesome stuff to the TouchPad and many great commits
    • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
    • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
    • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
    • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
    • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
    • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
    • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

IRC channel
    Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Known bugs / caveats:

• Camera is not working
    • "Ok Google" hotword detection causes infrequent SODs for some
    • you tell me...
    Milaq is retired from the Rom building business.

NT

says who?

reg. emtpy download directories:
    the buildbot was a bit finicky to get up and running again after an infrastructure migration, but things are back to normal again.
    the downloadpage should start filling up with updatezips again soon.

cheers
    Battery life seems very short on Lollipop ROMs. I had Pac ROM installed and now this one and on both, what seems to me, a shorter time before I have to recharge them. It seems to me that the battery lasted longer on KitKat (also Milaq's).

Personally, LL just has too many little glitches such as your observation about battery life. What else, camera, mic, ART, Bluetooth just to mention a few that do not work as well as a good KitKat Rom.

--SNIP--
    NT

The major problem is with the kernel, not LP. With the 3.4 kernel, everything works with the exception of the camera and bluetooth, which is caused by Google's total PITA source. The 3.4 kernel has always had worse battery performance than 3.0, so it remains a WIP.