[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [Shamu/Nexus6] Stock CM12.1 builds - everyday nightly builds

Search This thread

nowy57

Nov 3, 2007
Poland
welcome to official nightly builds for Shamu(nexus6)

AndroidPIT-Nexus5-CyanogenMod-Boot-new-format.jpg

source CM website:
http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-lollipop

DOWNLOAD nightly ROM:
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=shamu

DOWNLOAD GAPPS:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900

With that, some words of wisdom:

1.This is an Android 5.1 Lollipop-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility

2.The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality

3.You can flash CM12.1 nightlies directly from CM11 M12 or CM 11 nightlies (no need to wipe), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2

4.Once on CM12.1 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM11 without wiping – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5.You’ll need an L compatible recovery DOWNLOAD post #2 [TWRP - install]

6.For those which have problem with root acces - flashable superSU file via custom recovery.
6a.Check also on developer options is there root acces is "thick" for APPS+ADB

enjoy!

Last edited:

nowy57

Nov 3, 2007
Poland
Any added features or stock?

"We would like to note that at this point we consider ourselves 85% complete for our initial CM12 M release. We’ll spend the remainder of this month bringing up additional devices and finishing up the features you’ve come to love from CM11 – implementing them into the new Material UI.

At this point, the following large items are not implemented, but should be in the next few weeks. Some additional smaller tweaks are also missing, but left off this list:

Theme Engine
Quick Settings reorganization and customization
Quick Settings Ribbon mode
Navigation bar reorganization and customization
Sound panel customization
Lock-screen quick unlock"

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Awesome! the wait is over! :)

Is encryption disabled?

Unless they changed their policy, this was their stance on encryption for OFFICIAL releases as of 10/31. You can still flash a different kernel that supports unencrypted volumes though, or install an unofficial release that comes with a different kernel.

"Items not up for debate:
1) Watering down of SELINUX protections or Encryption by default. These are base protections L is introducing and we should support these items as such. If your device fails to allow encrypting, it will not get a CM sanctioned release."

Last edited:
Reactions: nhpctech

aes512

Dec 25, 2007
Seattle
Verizon LTE Support??

Does this support Verizon LTE or is it plagued by the ongoing issues found with some of the other CM-based ROMs for shamu?

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
hopefully the theme engine will be here soon just waiting for that before I flash.

Gotta ask..... any known bugs with any carriers?
Some of the other roms see issues like no data on certain carriers. I am running LS on sprint and it is working good except i have sms fail occasionally.

*EDIT*
Had the reply window open to long :p
Does this support Verizon LTE or is it plagued by the ongoing issues found with some of the other CM-based ROMs for shamu?

Not the only one with these questions. I think i might try this with sprint but it will be a few hours before i do.

Reactions: kmaner

Pliind

Jul 20, 2010
Göteborg
Unless they changed their policy, this was their stance on encryption for OFFICIAL releases as of 10/31. You can still flash a different kernel that supports unencrypted volumes though, or install an unofficial release that comes with a different kernel.

"Items not up for debate:
1) Watering down of SELINUX protections or Encryption by default. These are base protections L is introducing and we should support these items as such. If your device fails to allow encrypting, it will not get a CM sanctioned release."

Alright, but flashing franco-kernel after should keep my unecrypted device decrypted? correct? :) I'm sure many other people reading this are wondering the same thing.

nowy57

Nov 3, 2007
Poland
I have install this build and first impression:
DIALER is much response compared to pure shamu rom + sensei kernel
no lag
no SOD
phone is not hot
during install this ROM phone being encrypted (it takes 30s)
it needs time to say more

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
ROOT is a little different. Took me awhile to figure out that privacy guard has to be enabled on the app to recognize superuser access. Looks good other than the white background is killing me! cant wait for themes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    welcome to official nightly builds for Shamu(nexus6)

AndroidPIT-Nexus5-CyanogenMod-Boot-new-format.jpg

source CM website:
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-lollipop

DOWNLOAD nightly ROM:
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=shamu

DOWNLOAD GAPPS:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900

With that, some words of wisdom:

1.This is an Android 5.1 Lollipop-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility

2.The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality

3.You can flash CM12.1 nightlies directly from CM11 M12 or CM 11 nightlies (no need to wipe), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2

4.Once on CM12.1 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM11 without wiping – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5.You’ll need an L compatible recovery DOWNLOAD post #2 [TWRP - install]

6.For those which have problem with root acces - flashable superSU file via custom recovery.
    6a.Check also on developer options is there root acces is "thick" for APPS+ADB

enjoy!
    Any added features or stock?

"We would like to note that at this point we consider ourselves 85% complete for our initial CM12 M release. We’ll spend the remainder of this month bringing up additional devices and finishing up the features you’ve come to love from CM11 – implementing them into the new Material UI.

At this point, the following large items are not implemented, but should be in the next few weeks. Some additional smaller tweaks are also missing, but left off this list:

Theme Engine
    Quick Settings reorganization and customization
    Quick Settings Ribbon mode
    Navigation bar reorganization and customization
    Sound panel customization
    Lock-screen quick unlock"
    It takes 5 seconds to flash SU, why is that such a big deal?

You are already flashing the kernel, just flash SU too...
    It always starts out as fun and then either collapses or becomes about money. As a business owner, I understand where cm and pa are heading; as a lover of cm I'm nervous about the future, but we'll all have to sit back, strap in and enjoy the ride. If cm nightlies go away, there will always be other custom Roms. There will always be people who want to make things better and the next generations of cm type custom Roms will emerge. The one thing that doesn't help is sitting around complaining about it, it's not going to change a thing with a multimillion dollar company on a mission. Just my two cents...
    where is the nightlies? I mean on the CM site? shamu is missing from the list today?
    They temporarily disabled it.
    Code:
    Temp: Disable shamu

Seeing reports on issues with flashing when user has already taken the
    official 5.1 OTA/Factory. Turn this off to limit further scope while I
    test.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode