[ROM | NK2 | Stockish | No KNOX | ROOT]Sprint Stock KitKat 4.4.4

Search This thread

mrquaid

Jul 24, 2010
Are the download links still valid?
I tried flashing via TWRP, and received errors. Ther e are no MD5s to validate the download.

Thanks!

Bobguy21

Jul 31, 2011
Are the download links still valid?
I tried flashing via TWRP, and received errors. Ther e are no MD5s to validate the download.

Thanks!

What error? Have you tried wiping everything first. Then go to reboot and reboot recovery then try to flash again. Sometime twrp will give you an error and you have to reboot recovery to fix.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

I have TWRP installed on my phone , I guess my confusion is with ODIN. Can I just use TWRP to flash the rom or do I use ODIN? Do I need to do a wipe of the dalvik cache and all of that stuff as well or what. I know newbie questions just don't want to brick my Note 4. I have the Samsung Gear S sitting in a box and haven't done anything with that so if their is something cool I can do with it let me know or I need to just sale this thing lol.

Twrp is to flash the rom. Odin is to root, flash recovery, or flash a stock tar back to a phone for a full stock restore.

Reactions: mrquaid

bhatt86

Mar 30, 2011
Franklin
I will post a link to it via my own AFH. HOWEVER a few things you MUST understand first!

This rom isn't mine. Its @MasterZen88's
I did NOT modify this in any way!
I take 0 credit for this!
I did PM zen about this link/mirror, if he responds in thread or via pm he doesn't want this up for ANY reason it will be taken down without notice!

without further ado: Bonsai_Deodex_v0.0.3
MD5 : 5c25ce77819703272b6792f469989294

get it while its hot!

@MasterZen88 can you please update the OP with this link I had to search through 42 pages to find this updated link. thanks!

Last edited:

chups89

Apr 8, 2015
problem with flashing

Hi all. I have problems with flashing any custom ROM.
My device is running Lolipop 5.0.1 and I need to flash a custom ROM in order to use Sprint Sim Unlock. I flash ROM using TWRP. Everythin is fine, but when done phone is not starting. It's vibrating and rebooting all the time.
All what i've done was according to instructions.

Help me.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I tried to flash Bonsai and Hybrid X

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
My device is running Lolipop 5.0.1 and I need to flash a custom ROM in order to use Sprint Sim Unlock. I flash ROM using TWRP. Everythin is fine, but when done phone is not starting. It's vibrating and rebooting all the time.

Help me.
Thanks in advance.

You can't downgrade from lollipop. You have to flash a lollipop rom . Also depending on what bootloader you have your limited to what roms you can use.

Last edited:

samep

Dec 8, 2011

Help me.
Thanks in advance.

You most likely have the reactivation locked bootloader from lollipop updates. Only the initial OB7 bootloader allowed hoping back to KitKat.

If you're looking for a ROM that will flash, try Noterized. I'm not sure about your SIM unlock compatibility but some have had success getting the msl from Sprint chat. Customer service gave me mine right over the phone when I said I needed it to fix slow data.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: xxSTARBUCKSxx

LouRock

Apr 12, 2011
Boston MA\San Juan PR
You most likely have the reactivation locked bootloader from lollipop updates. Only the initial OB7 bootloader allowed hoping back to KitKat.

If you're looking for a ROM that will flash, try Noterized. I'm not sure about your SIM unlock compatibility but some have had success getting the msl from Sprint chat. Customer service gave me mine right over the phone when I said I needed it to fix slow data.

I just grabed a Note 4 today and I'm currently just stock rooted on OB7. If I wanted to go back to kit kat would all I have to do is flash a kit kar rom or would I odin the stock NK2 tar.. TIA

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I just grabed a Note 4 today and I'm currently just stock rooted on OB7. If I wanted to go back to kit kat would all I have to do is flash a kit kar rom or would I odin the stock NK2 tar.. TIA

Odin back to NK2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56853341

Check the OP for instructions. Might be better to verify the bootloader first. Use Galaxy Tools or TWRP log copied to sdcard, near bottom of log. OB7 or below is golden for downgrade to KitKat.

Reactions: LouRock

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Yes. And turn off the fota lol. I used an app cant remember name. But its able to stop ota
I know there are a lot of apps and tutorials out there but what's effective on Lollipop is delete /cache/fota folder. On KitKat, it's /data/fota. Delete entire folder; not just the contents.

Let me know if that works seeing that you're a very frequent ROM flasher.

LouRock

Apr 12, 2011
Boston MA\San Juan PR
Odin back to NK2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56853341

Check the OP for instructions. Might be better to verify the bootloader first. Use Galaxy Tools or TWRP log copied to sdcard, near bottom of log. OB7 or below is golden for downgrade to KitKat.

Thanks man. Alrigbt so I just odin the NK2 tar but the phone is now on a bootloop on the yellow sprint spark screen.. I'm definitely on OB7 firmware so I'm kinda confused? What did I miss??

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks man. Alrigbt so I just odin the NK2 tar but the phone is now on a bootloop on the yellow sprint spark screen.. I'm definitely on OB7 firmware so I'm kinda confused? What did I miss??

Odin doesn't wipe data partition. As long as the Odin flash was good, I'd just wipe all but the ExtSdCard and reboot. Odin TWRP or factory reset in stock recovery.

LouRock

Apr 12, 2011
Boston MA\San Juan PR
Odin doesn't wipe data partition. As long as the Odin flash was good, I'd just wipe all but the ExtSdCard and reboot. Odin TWRP or factory reset in stock recovery.

Thanks again. I Gotta get back to work now. I'll update later with outcome. :thumbup:

Update : Worked like a charm! Problem was that I also forgot that odin doesn't wipe system data and the left over OB7 data was conflicting with NK2 data.

Last edited:
Reactions: samep

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock ROM: N910PVPU1ANK2
    Model: SM-N910P
    Type: KK
    Firmware: NK2

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous Iphone owners!

..:: INCLUDED MAIN FEATURES ::..

• Based from Stock NK2 TAR
    • Rooted
    • Zipaligned
    • init.d support
    • BusyBox Installed
    • Knox Removed
    • ItsOn Removed
    • Correct Sprint CSC

..:: Credits ::..
    Made stock Rom from ArchiKitchen, Thank You Archi !

..:: DEVELOPERS ::..
    If you use my work please give credit where its due. No need to ask my permission, open to everyone to use!
    DOWNLOAD LINK: Check Download Tab with DevDB

Stock NK2 Odex
    Updated on: 12/13/2014
    DOWNLOAD Link: Bonsai_odex_v0.0.1
    MD5:

Stock NK2 Deodex
    Updated on: 12/19/2014
    DOWNLOAD Link:Bonsai_Deodex_v0.0.3
    MD5:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM | NK2 | Stockish | No KNOX | ROOT]Sprint Stock ROM, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    MasterZen88
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: NK2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0

Created 2014-10-27
    Last Updated 2015-05-06
    All...

Found the issue with deodexing files and missing code. Should have an updated ROM soon. ... Very HAPPY :)
    All Stock with minor tweaks. No new features added. Bonsai Rom coming Soon :) .. just got done adding 4-1 reboot mod.. Working on more!!

Just got Sprint Native HotSpot working.... Feeling good:D Going to release a Bonsai Beta ROM soon for everyone to test.
    Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! Got some good news. I fixed all the issues with the stock deodexed rom. No more need to RTN. or patch anything. All features are working including wi-fi settings and the stock Sprint boot animations (although im sure not everyone cares for it lol) Anyways I'm gonna move forward and get this project rolling and release a nice stockish rom with a few added features & tweaks. And YES the white settings background is first on my to-do list! Theming is going to be mild and will reflect a stock appearance so there wont be any wild or bold colors. Thats just not my thing. Look for a new rom thread in the days to come.
    All...

Finally fixed all the bugs! New base for Deodex coming tomorrow!

All,

New Deodex Version released (Check OP). Please report any bugs.