[ROM][Nokia X] Vanilla AOSP/Code Aurora [4.1.2][2014-04-08]

Search This thread

grilleld

Sep 3, 2012
Đà Lạt
from now..this rom so good.. very smooth, just use the app Auto hide soft keys and your navigation bar will be gone
Just have some bugs : Rotation not working, facebook app can't log in, and when i call someone or receive a call, i put my phone on ear and the display doesnt turn off

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

ok 1 thing. i can not answer the call, i said and nobody hear me, i can hear from there but the other cant

Deadpool

Aug 17, 2013
Jodhpur
[//

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Thanks dude..but i shifted to no-nav-keys..nav-keys looks bigger and it made the screen like 3.5" only..i noticed facebook app didn't work on this rom..maybe an older will do..:)

You can use gravity box to reduce navigation bar's size.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
from now..this rom so good.. very smooth, just use the app Auto hide soft keys and your navigation bar will be gone
Just have some bugs : Rotation not working, facebook app can't log in, and when i call someone or receive a call, i put my phone on ear and the display doesnt turn off

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

ok 1 thing. i can not answer the call, i said and nobody hear me, i can hear from there but the other cant

I updated the OP and changed to Beta. I was calling myself so I didn't notice that the audio wasn't going out with a phone in each ear :p I'm working on it.

Also, I am investigating the sensors issue.

You can try the Nokia version of facebook. It is in /preload/app/ on the phone, along with some other Nokia apps.

SilverDragon24

Sep 7, 2012
Kolkata
AOSP/Code Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 for Nokia X (normandy)

This build is based on sources directly from Code Aurora which is AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimizations.

This build is based on Code Aurora branch jb_rel_2.0.3.

All sources for building for Nokia X can be found here: https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=repositories

Koush SuperUser: superuser.zip

Known isssues/not working: Audio out (microphone) in call, all sensors

Known Working:
Bluetooth, Camera, CamCorder, FM, GPS, MultiSim, Media playback, MTP

Recovery:
TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2704379
CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2703708

Downloads:
No Software Navigatoin Bar: msm8625-ota-eng.dhacker29.zip

Since the Nokia X only has a back key it's hard to navigate normal android so I made a seperate build with on screen navbar.
With Software Navigation Bar: msm8625-ota-eng.dhacker29-navbar.zip

Gapps: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP/CAF 4.1.2, a ROM for the Nokia X

Contributors
dhacker29
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Nokia X software platform 1.1
Based On: AOSP/Code Aurora

Version Information
Current Beta Version: msm8625-ota-eng.dhac
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-08

Created 2014-04-08
Last Updated 2014-04-09

I'm on Nokia X Platform 1.0 and everything works fine, except for a few things like the Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor. Havn't tried the in call stuff yet. can I take .so files from stock to fix this?

grilleld

Sep 3, 2012
Đà Lạt
I updated the OP and changed to Beta. I was calling myself so I didn't notice that the audio wasn't going out with a phone in each ear :p I'm working on it.

Also, I am investigating the sensors issue.

You can try the Nokia version of facebook. It is in /preload/app/ on the phone, along with some other Nokia apps.

Thanks..i hope you can fix all the sensors soon. i really like this rom fsat and smooth :))

grilleld

Sep 3, 2012
Đà Lạt
I'll make a new build tonight. I fixed the sensors issue. The system wasn't finding sensors.msm7627a.so so I renamed it to sensors.default.so and it's working. Now to find the issue with audio out on voice calls :D
that sound is good.. can u check for 2 sensor for auto brightness and a sensor auto tunrn off screen when i hear a calll ?

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
that sound is good.. can u check for 2 sensor for auto brightness and a sensor auto tunrn off screen when i hear a calll ?

New builds posted. All sensors working proximity and rotation are working. In call audio is now fixed. This is definitely stable for daily driver now.

Edit: Auto brightness fixed in new build

Last edited:

kurimz_11

Mar 14, 2014
New builds posted. All sensors working proximity and rotation are working. In call audio is now fixed. This is definitely stable for daily driver now.

Just wanna try this latest update..is the link posted is an updated one?

Sent from my Nokia_X using xda app-developers app

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
Hello, thanks for the work!

I have flash it and it throws FCs when I try to view APN settings at 'Select Subscription'.

Power menu appears, disappears and appears, then works correctly.

Good work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP/Code Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 for Nokia X (normandy)

This build is based on sources directly from Code Aurora which is AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimizations.

This build is based on Code Aurora branch jb_rel_2.0.3.

All sources for building for Nokia X can be found here: https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=repositories

A quick start guide for building this can be found at: https://github.com/dhacker29/android_local_normandy

Remember this is a AOSP stock android build so if you want root you need to flash the Super{User/SU} of your choice.
    Also, There is no backup script so gapps and su need to be reflashed with each update.

Koush SuperUser: superuser.zip

Known isssues: FM radio output only works on speaker not on wired headset.

To activate microphone for incall use you MUST:
    1. Plug in a headset
    2. Open the FM app
    3. Go to settings in FM app and select to use speakers
    4. Close FM and disconnect headset
    5. Profit
    You must repeat this after each reboot.

Known Working: Phone Calls, Bluetooth, Camera, CamCorder, FM, GPS, MultiSim, Media playback, MTP, sensors (proximity, rotation, brightness, etc), incall audio (mic)

Recovery:
    TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2704379
    CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2703708

Downloads:
    No Software Navigatoin Bar: msm8625-ota-eng.dhacker29-20140412.zip

Since the Nokia X only has a back key it's hard to navigate normal android so I made a seperate build with on screen navbar.
    With Software Navigation Bar: msm8625-ota-eng.dhacker29-navbar-20140415.zip

Gapps: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Change Log:
    04-10-2014-2: Fixed all sensors, Updated FM app to look like Jellybean
    04-12-2014: Kind of fixed incall audio (See note above)

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP/CAF 4.1.2, ROM for the Nokia X

Contributors
    dhacker29
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nokia X software platform 1.1
    Based On: AOSP/Code Aurora

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: msm8625-20140412
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-12

Created 2014-04-08
    Last Updated 2014-05-23

OK So I added SuperUser, su, CMFileManager, DSPManager, and Trebuchet to this. Audio call's work if you connect wired headset, start FM enable FM over speaker in settings. Or they work from the start with wired headset or Bluetooth headset.

Enjoy!

http://loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/NokiaX/msm8625-ota-eng.dhacker29-custom.zip
    downloading...anyway..op can i port this to my device running a ported nokia x?? everything is the same excepth mount points

Sure I have no problems with that.