- Feb 16, 2010
Did you lose root? Is anything broken?
Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
I really don't want to do that yet but I will if there is enough demand. It would be better to wait until Paul has a chance to work on it and maybe get it working with the older hboot. I will post how to do it if I can get rollback to older stuff working, it's not a very nice solution for a variety of reasons.
What do you wan't? Must we worship you or only gratefulness, money, girls?
Hey man, when you have a leak and have the aloudness, then upload it, when you install it, then document what you done, when you have screenshots, publish them, when you have a video, nobody will thankless for uploading.
But, please, don't fish only for attention every third post. Yes, to be honest, we will not love you or adore you, after you have done
So, be conventional and do it Please.
Nothing to do with any of what you said.
The reason for not posting the how is simple, it is not a nice solution and requires permanently voiding warranty.
I will work with Paul if he wants the help to make use of what I have to give people an option to install without doing that. I will post it if people really want me to, as you appear to, but it takes time to put together a proper post. If you don't like the answer then tough, I couldn't care less what you think.
1. Not true with revolutionary, it is reversible and HTC don't know about it, go back to stock and you're covered. This time you can't. Plain and simple.
2. Like anyone responsible I will not release information without understanding the consequences. I need to know what is and is not possible first.
Please, please, please, don't quote posts with pictures.
Guys, give me half an hour and I'll put together some details and post them, then I'll try a roll-back to the older hboot and a GB rom and depending on the results of that I'll post the how to get the GB with or without the possibility of rollback. There is a big health warning with this. For now at least you will be waiving the warranty.
Can you test a few apps that I'm sure people are wondering about..Ok, a quick first impressions of running HC on the flyer.
- It works
- Pen interaction works everywhere for typing/buttons etc.
- Much more compatibility in the market.
- More widgets
- Seems to be pretty smooth, no real lag.
- The ROM is pre-rooted, it's a developer build.
- The buttons on the bezel are gone, with the exception of the pen action button.
- The HC toolbar steals a lot more screen space than the GB notification bar.
- Everything is landscape optimized. Some screens are clipped in portrait. Market is landscape only.
- Phone support does not seem to work for now. Not tested much but cannot hear any incoming audio on the flyer.
- Lots of FCs in various apps from the market (none from the ROM itself so far)
Other than that it's pretty much what you expect from HC and a Sense ROM.
I will add items to the lists here are I find them
Lol test fast enough?
This will void your warranty. There is no way back if you choose to do this
It may be possible to simply run the RUU.exe instead of step 12, however it is much easier to see if anything goes wrong if you use fastboot.
- Donload this hboot MD5: 2eb541192be861ecceb2baa254403ade and this rom.zip md5: a34342361d78d973c7d52fcc24c8fe61
- Put the hboot file on the root of the sdcard.
- Connect to the flyer using 'adb shell' and become root
- Backup the revolutionary hboot:(for now not very useful, but might be later)Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/revolutionary_hboot.img
- Write the new hboot to the phone:Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- You will most likely get a security violation and not be able to get past the bootloader screen. This is ok.
- Connect the flyer using fastboot mode.
- Go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and select "Unlock Bootloader". Ignore the supported device list.
- Register and follow the unlock procedure.
- Once you have unlocked the bootloader put the phone in fastboot mode again.
- Run the following commandsrom.zip is the file you downloaded in step 1.Code:
fastboot erase cache fastboot oem rebootRUU fastboot flash zip rom.zip
The HBOOT is extracted from the beta RUU. The rom.zip is the rom.zip from the RUU with the hboot removed. If you want to extract them yourself you can do that too.