• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM-NOM-NOM] Flyer Honeycomb Leak (RUU download)

Search This thread

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
Did you lose root? Is anything broken?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Raioneru

Mar 11, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I really don't want to do that yet but I will if there is enough demand. It would be better to wait until Paul has a chance to work on it and maybe get it working with the older hboot. I will post how to do it if I can get rollback to older stuff working, it's not a very nice solution for a variety of reasons.

yeah I totally understand, i'm a bit of a n00b to this, hence my curiosity.
I didnt understand much about what was discussed here, I don't have S-Off, so fastboot didnt do much for me (well it showed me that I needed S-OFF)

hope you can do fix your problem :)

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
What do you wan't? Must we worship you or only gratefulness, money, girls?

Hey man, when you have a leak and have the aloudness, then upload it, when you install it, then document what you done, when you have screenshots, publish them, when you have a video, nobody will thankless for uploading.

But, please, don't fish only for attention every third post. Yes, to be honest, we will not love you or adore you, after you have done :eek:

So, be conventional and do it :D Please.

Nothing to do with any of what you said.

The reason for not posting the how is simple, it is not a nice solution and requires permanently voiding warranty.

I will work with Paul if he wants the help to make use of what I have to give people an option to install without doing that. I will post it if people really want me to, as you appear to, but it takes time to put together a proper post. If you don't like the answer then tough, I couldn't care less what you think.

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
More!

Please, please, please, don't quote posts with pictures.

Guys, give me half an hour and I'll put together some details and post them, then I'll try a roll-back to the older hboot and a GB rom and depending on the results of that I'll post the how to get the GB with or without the possibility of rollback. There is a big health warning with this. For now at least you will be waiving the warranty.

Last edited:

ovigt71

Nov 18, 2009
Sydney
Nothing to do with any of what you said.

The reason for not posting the how is simple, it is not a nice solution and requires permanently voiding warranty.

I will work with Paul if he wants the help to make use of what I have to give people an option to install without doing that. I will post it if people really want me to, as you appear to, but it takes time to put together a proper post. If you don't like the answer then tough, I couldn't care less what you think.

1.mate, we lost the warranty at the day when we've decided to do s-off.....
2.doesn't matter what is the solution, let us know and then we're can decide if we do so or not....this is my point, no hard feelings... :) cheers mate!

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
1.mate, we lost the warranty at the day when we've decided to do s-off.....
2.doesn't matter what is the solution, let us know and then we're can decide if we do so or not....this is my point, no hard feelings... :) cheers mate!

1. Not true with revolutionary, it is reversible and HTC don't know about it, go back to stock and you're covered. This time you can't. Plain and simple.

2. Like anyone responsible I will not release information without understanding the consequences. I need to know what is and is not possible first.

Reactions: ovigt71

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Ok, a quick first impressions of running HC on the flyer.

The Good
  1. It works
  2. Pen interaction works everywhere for typing/buttons etc.
  3. Much more compatibility in the market.
  4. More widgets
  5. Seems to be pretty smooth, no real lag.
  6. The ROM is pre-rooted, it's a developer build.

The Bad
  1. The buttons on the bezel are gone, with the exception of the pen action button.
  2. The HC toolbar steals a lot more screen space than the GB notification bar.
  3. Everything is landscape optimized. Some screens are clipped in portrait. Market is landscape only.
  4. Phone support does not seem to work for now. Not tested much but cannot hear any incoming audio on the flyer.
  5. Lots of FCs in various apps from the market (none from the ROM itself so far)

Other than that it's pretty much what you expect from HC and a Sense ROM.

I will add items to the lists here are I find them

ovigt71

Nov 18, 2009
Sydney
1. Not true with revolutionary, it is reversible and HTC don't know about it, go back to stock and you're covered. This time you can't. Plain and simple.

2. Like anyone responsible I will not release information without understanding the consequences. I need to know what is and is not possible first.

1. yes- you're right!!! I already turned back to s-on following this
2. I totally agree with you ! thanks !!!

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
Please, please, please, don't quote posts with pictures.

Guys, give me half an hour and I'll put together some details and post them, then I'll try a roll-back to the older hboot and a GB rom and depending on the results of that I'll post the how to get the GB with or without the possibility of rollback. There is a big health warning with this. For now at least you will be waiving the warranty.

Sorry just real curious about how its gonna look and behave. I, for one, would appreciate a post explianing how you did it.

Scabes24

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 24, 2008
Seattle, WA
Ok, a quick first impressions of running HC on the flyer.

The Good
  1. It works
  2. Pen interaction works everywhere for typing/buttons etc.
  3. Much more compatibility in the market.
  4. More widgets
  5. Seems to be pretty smooth, no real lag.
  6. The ROM is pre-rooted, it's a developer build.

The Bad
  1. The buttons on the bezel are gone, with the exception of the pen action button.
  2. The HC toolbar steals a lot more screen space than the GB notification bar.
  3. Everything is landscape optimized. Some screens are clipped in portrait. Market is landscape only.
  4. Phone support does not seem to work for now. Not tested much but cannot hear any incoming audio on the flyer.
  5. Lots of FCs in various apps from the market (none from the ROM itself so far)

Other than that it's pretty much what you expect from HC and a Sense ROM.

I will add items to the lists here are I find them
Can you test a few apps that I'm sure people are wondering about..

Root explorer
Titanium backup
Rom manager
Setcpu
Dropbox
Tapatalk
XDA App
Blade buddy/Spare parts

Sent from my HTC Flyer.

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Root explorer - Don't use it and I'm not buying it just to test, similar apps work.
Titanium backup - Works
Rom manager - No ( no CWM )
Setcpu - Works for lower speed
Dropbox - Works
Tapatalk - Works
XDA App - Works
Blade buddy/Spare parts - Works

Scabes24

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 24, 2008
Seattle, WA
Root explorer - Don't use it and I'm not buying it just to test, similar apps work.
Titanium backup - Works
Rom manager - No ( no CWM )
Setcpu - Works for lower speed
Dropbox - Works
Tapatalk - Works
XDA App - Works
Blade buddy/Spare parts - Works
Lol test fast enough?

I appreciate it. Can you try signing into xda in the app and see if it works? ..if you didnt already.

Sent from my HTC Flyer.

BrumBrum74

Dec 19, 2006
This will void your warranty. There is no way back if you choose to do this

Procedure:
  1. Donload this hboot MD5: 2eb541192be861ecceb2baa254403ade and this rom.zip md5: a34342361d78d973c7d52fcc24c8fe61
  2. Put the hboot file on the root of the sdcard.
  3. Connect to the flyer using 'adb shell' and become root
  4. Backup the revolutionary hboot:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/revolutionary_hboot.img
    (for now not very useful, but might be later)
  5. Write the new hboot to the phone:
    Code:
    dd if=/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
  6. Reboot
  7. You will most likely get a security violation and not be able to get past the bootloader screen. This is ok.
  8. Connect the flyer using fastboot mode.
  9. Go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and select "Unlock Bootloader". Ignore the supported device list.
  10. Register and follow the unlock procedure.
  11. Once you have unlocked the bootloader put the phone in fastboot mode again.
  12. Run the following commands
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip rom.zip
    rom.zip is the file you downloaded in step 1.
It may be possible to simply run the RUU.exe instead of step 12, however it is much easier to see if anything goes wrong if you use fastboot.

The HBOOT is extracted from the beta RUU. The rom.zip is the rom.zip from the RUU with the hboot removed. If you want to extract them yourself you can do that too.

Unlock procedure doesn't work for me. I get:

Error Code: 141.
Error Reason: Token Decryption Fail (Can not generate result).

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Unlock procedure doesn't work for me. I get:

Error Code: 141.
Error Reason: Token Decryption Fail (Can not generate result).

That's from the HTC page? That would seem to indicate that you didn't copy exactly what is required into the tool. If you want me to take a look, install teamviewer and pop me a mail with the details: hyuh {dot} revolutionary {at} gmail {dot} com

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the first Honeycomb leak for the Flyer in RUU form. Now that I see someone else has access to the leak my source has authorised me sharing it. ;)

I'll be posting it pre-rooted and MCR'd etc. next week when my new Flyer arrives, in the interim, flash with caution - at your own risk - and enjoy! :D

EDIT: It's not recommended to flash this ROM on it's entirety - I will release a fully tested build soon. This is recommended for developers only!

Please note HTC classes this as an early Beta!

P
    woohoo!!!! so is there gonna be anyone porting to flyer 16g wifi only?

I will be working on it. When Paul is able to post his CWM friendly version, I will do some testing and start working on a nice ROM.
    Nearly finished downloading it..

Will rebase FlyHigh ROM on it :)

EDIT: This is gonna be a long night :D
    Here's the first screenshots

2011-09-04_12-05-06.jpg
    2011-09-04_12-13-15.jpg