Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
Loving this ROM. One thing is I cannot get LTE. The best I can get is 3G. I have ATT, and have looked around settings. Is there any one who is with ATT and getting LTE?
Or could you share your APN settings?
u sure ure getting sufficient LTE reception in your area? also check if the LTE band in your area is actually supported by the MM2.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

$#@n!

Oct 4, 2015
raipur
hey buddy your rom is awesom but one thing is headphone buttons are not working ........ i cant use my headphone as it was ment to work .......... please look for some modifications ............ In MSM extended rom its working .......... you can get some help from there work.

Reactions: V_v3k

daubh

Nov 24, 2014
Toronto
I am unable to make phone calls while on VOLTE. It doesn't ring and hangs up after like 5 sec - like it's unable to connect to the network or something.

I'm on Virgin Mobile, Canada.

daubh

Nov 24, 2014
Toronto
Wifi

The Wifi dropping issue seems to only be happening when on 5G . It disconnects everytime I wake up my phone and then make use of the internet, eg load a webpage. It hangs, disconnects and reconnects, and I'd need to reload the webpage. It also happens randomly when using the internet.

Ashutosh4555

Jan 19, 2012
India
Multitasking is so terrible in this rom , i like to keep few games running in background (was doing this in miui10/RR) but after moving to this rom my games get close after some time if i keep it in background . Is there any fix through magisk or any other modules ?

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
Multitasking is so terrible in this rom , i like to keep few games running in background (was doing this in miui10/RR) but after moving to this rom my games get close after some time if i keep it in background . Is there any fix through magisk or any other modules ?
sure, u can modify low memory killer values in kernel adiutor and adjust them so, that the memory is allowed to get more full before any apps are killed :)

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

Reactions: V_v3k
Amazing ROM - best I've tried

Have been running for a few days and very stable, smooth and has given a new lease of life to my Mi Max2

Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

no support for fingerprint also in this rom ..

Seems to work fine for me. Did you do a complete wipe (including formatting data with TWRP) before installing?

Reactions: umiaus

zost

Sep 30, 2006
Flashing Guide in first post says "Reboot to recovery (TWRP is suggested! - Use link provided)".

Where is that link?? Thanks in advance.

sirdickens

Mar 29, 2012
@V_v3k can you please look into Android Messages update.
After the update, I cannot start messages; all I can see is screen flickering. I manually stopped autoupdate of Messages from PlayStore but it's really weird.

The ROM is installed cleanly and I've tried cleaning cache after update, no solutions whatsoever.

Moresche

Aug 9, 2018
Im having screen flickering too when i choose any contact on WhatsApp that deleted its account, and It happens when i try to open Google message app either. I dont know, but i think this bug appeared when i updated Hard Rock Kernel to v17.3/v18... the problem comes from the Kernel i guess

Last edited:

sirdickens

Mar 29, 2012
I have tried different versions of kernel (Roll backed all the way to version 10 of HardRock and tried Ace kernel as well) and all yielded same results.

Hard_Rock83

Recognized Developer
Apr 21, 2015
Chennai
Im having screen flickering too when i choose any contact on WhatsApp that deleted its account, and It happens when i try to open Google message app either. I dont know, but i think this bug appeared when i updated Hard Rock Kernel to v17.3/v18... the problem comes from the Kernel i guess
It's not due to hardrock kernel lol...must be app compatibility or something else with rom source:)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

i3OR5Mx.jpg

PixelExperience for Mi Max 2 [oxygen]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device.

Important stuff!!
    1. To pass the CTS Profile and SafetyNet install Magisk 17 or above!
    2. Due to lack of time, I've decided to drop Treble builds permanently...!

Based on Android 8.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Adjusting in-call volume
    Anything else? Let me know...

Known issues with workarounds:
    Removing Fingerprint Data: Switch to swipe unlock and set a secured lockscreen again and delete the existing fingerprint data

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Changelogs: (Latest First)
    System Specific Updates:
    * Security Patch Level: 05-Sep-2018
    * Gapps updated till 12-Sep-2018

---- Release History ----

Useful files
    Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Additional Notes:
    Code:
    * This ROM is designed purely for stability and smoothness, hence customization options are way limited
    * Substratum support will not be included
    * If you're facing an issue, consider re-installing the ROM (clean flash only!!)
    * If you're coming from any other ROM, please make sure you do a full reset and a /system partition wipe.
    * Restoring backup from another ROM is not recommended (if an issue arises it's all on you!!)
    * Recommended to use TWRP
    * If the issue is caused by any mod not listed below, consider removing the mod and please do not report it here
    * Updates would most probably be pushed monthly (may differ occasionally)
    * Do not ask for ETA(s)
    * If you know how to fix any issue you find, consider contributing

Flashing Guide
    > From previous version:
    Code:
    This section is for people who are already on an older version of Pixel Experience ROM:
    [LIST]
    [*]Download the latest ROM from link in this thread or through OTA app.
    [*]Transfer it to your device if you've downloaded it from another device (PC/friend's phone).
    [*]Reboot to recovery (TWRP is suggested! - Use link provided).
    [*]Wipe /system, /cache, /vendor or /cust and /dalvik or art partitions!! [Mandtory]
    [*]Click "Install" choose the navigate to the ROM path and select the zip.
    [*]Swipe to install.
    [*][B]Optionally, install Magisk 17 or above.[/B]
    [*]Reboot.
    [*]Enjoy!!
    [/LIST]

> From a different ROM:
    Code:
    This section is for people who are switching to Pixel Experience ROM from a different ROM:
    [LIST]
    [*]Download the latest version of the ROM from this thread.
    [*]Make sure you've copied it to your device.
    [*]Reboot to recovery (TWRP is suggested!! - Use link provided).
    [*]Wipe /system, /cache, /vendor or /cust, /data and /dalvik or art partitions!! [Mandtory]
    [*]Now click on Install and select the downloaded update package.
    [*][B]Optionally, install Magisk 17 or above.[/B]
    [*]Reboot.
    [*]Enjoy!!
    [/LIST]

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Suggested Add-on(s) [Tested]:
    Code:
    * Magisk 17.xx

KERNEL: https://github.com/rakeshraimca/OXYGEN_OREO_KERNEL

Sincere thanks to:
    @ashwin007
    @Hard_Rock83
    @Jay_B
    @eva0034
    @iscle
    @Martichou

Alright people! The moment you've all been waiting for, Treble is now added to the latest build of PEX! Thanks to @Hard_Rock83 and @Jay_B for this!! And it's not quite stable still needs some work. But we need to start somewhere right?
    Hey guys! I've made the ROM official. Kindly consider migrating to the new build through the new download link... Thanks a lot to contributors and the users...
    Guys right now we have just treble support and still android p in progress... So its like same pixel experience...

We are working on booting android p for our device...and its no use making separate kernel until we have treble updates or android p.

Once we able to boot android P .. We will release hard rock kernel for treble ROMs.till then have patience.

And thanks for the love .you guys are amazing
    That update had some issues with audio :silly:
    Anyway I've deleted it from AFH to prevent further downloads and now I need to check something out and then I'll update the thread along with the new update...