[ROM][NONCFW][12L][BEGONIA/BEGONIAIN] CherishOS V3.9.5 | Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

bishwofic

Apr 9, 2022
Nepal
bishwo.info.np
4.0.5 when i watch something on webpage then i cant watch anything on youtube, and the same the other way around, when i watch something on YouTube i cant watch anything anywhere else, and can you add QR core scanner to camera, three os an option on camera settings but is greyed out
The media playback issue will be fixed on next update. QR Scanner to camera can be achieved by using third party camera like GrapheneCamera, but I will look into it.

bishwofic

Apr 9, 2022
Nepal
bishwo.info.np
4.0.5 when i watch something on webpage then i cant watch anything on youtube, and the same the other way around, when i watch something on YouTube i cant watch anything anywhere else, and can you add QR core scanner to camera, three os an option on camera settings but is greyed out
What do you mean not being able to watch simultaneously on two different platforms? Can you explain the issue?

KOOZA0_0

Oct 1, 2022
Can you share your flashing steps?

First I use miui then download rom to sd card, flash twrp, install rom, format data, reboot, configure the system and move files from the cloud, I also tried to delete vendor data cache etc. before installation, install magisk, use different twrp, or even do offline cofingurations with the default language. I tried to do it from miui or previous versions of cherish os, nothing helps. no matter what I do, the first reboot from the system level always fails. However, I don't think the rom is broken, I think it's my fault so thank you in advance for your help

artscoop

Mar 15, 2018
Nothing change again, black screen , battery icon and time
Same issue the first time. Then I could not reinstall TWRP, so I installed OrangeFox to retry the installation, after a complete wipe. Then CherishOS worked for some time (maybe 2 days), then I rebooted today, and same error again (Interface program crash looping, so the phone cannot be used. Seems to happen when trying to display some notification)
CherishOS 3.9 worked without any major issue before.

DeMeNnToRr

Oct 5, 2022
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Long time lurker of the forum,
I will start by saying this is a great ROM, loved it from the first boot.
I will now share my experience installing and rooting it.

For anyone trying to install it I want to specify that I was running MIUI 12.5 and ROOTED. I already had Bootloader unlocked and custom Recovery installed but I wanted an Android 13 ROM.

Because I misunderstood the instalation guide I bricked my device several times (at least 5) but managed to unbrick it and install the latest version of stock MIUI using XiaoMiTOOL V2 (by Francesco Tescari) .

Then I found a Youtube guide on how to install the ROM. For anyone still having problems with the installation here's what worked for me.
He is using Pixel Experience [13] but the idea is the same.

After booting the stock OS I started to install the recovery:

1) I restarted the phone into FASTBOOT mode: VOLUME Down+POWER.
2) I connected the phone by USB cable to the PC. I already had all the drivers installed.
And I used BRPv3.6-fastboot to install the recovery (1.FlashBRPMiuiA11Unified.bat).
3) Once in recovery I copied the CherishOS.zip onto the internal storage.
3)*(It is also posible to copy the ROM on an external storage and connect it via USB-OTG)
4) Onced finished I went: MOUNT-> I checked the SYSTEM and VENDOR options.
5) From the main meniu: Wipe->Advanced Wipe->checked Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Data, Cache-> Swipe to Wipe
6) Back to the main meniu: Install->Went to the location of the ROM and selected it-> Swipe to confirm flash.
7) Repeted step 4) MOUNT-> I checked the SYSTEM and VENDOR options.
8) Wipe-> Format Data-> typed "yes" and Enter. (This will delete all data from the phone in this case the CherishOS.zip file. I sugested the point 3)* because it is was handy to my case where I bricked my phone several times)
9) Back to the main meniu: Advanced->select Disable ForceEncrypt -> Swipe to confirm Flash-> If OK continue
10) (Optional) Install Magisk now by Advance->Magisk-v22103.zip
11) Reboot to System->And now the OS should boot to the Welcome Screen for Android 13
12) (Optional) Configure the Welcome Screen on the phone.
13) Update Magisk : I followed the instructuction on the screen and restarted the phone.
This is where the strangest BUG between CherishOS, Magisk and my sim card began.
14) The phone booted back normaly, but I was able to see my lockscren only for a 1 second then it went black and showed only the time and battery icons while blinking on/off. And no other response from the screen, no matter what I did.
15) I went back and tried the Pixel Experience [13] ROM and was able to install Magisk and open the phone normaly. This was a surprise because this tells me that Magisk is not the culprit and neither Android 13.
16) With this out of the way I reinstalled CherishOS, installed magisk and rebooted and I was stuck again with a blinking screen.
17) The temporary solution was to remove the SIM Card and put it back in. But it is a very unpractical solution if I don't have the key for SIM tray with me when I restart the phone.
18) In conclusion has anyone a better solution or can a fix be made?
TL;DR: On a rooted CherishOS 13, the screen gets stuck when asking for the SIM Card's PIN right after boot.

Reactions: artscoop

bishwofic

Apr 9, 2022
Nepal
bishwo.info.np
First I use miui then download rom to sd card, flash twrp, install rom, format data, reboot, configure the system and move files from the cloud, I also tried to delete vendor data cache etc. before installation, install magisk, use different twrp, or even do offline cofingurations with the default language. I tried to do it from miui or previous versions of cherish os, nothing helps. no matter what I do, the first reboot from the system level always fails. However, I don't think the rom is broken, I think it's my fault so thank you in advance for your help
Use 3.6.1 latest TWRP & reboot to recovery. Then,
1. Wipe System+Vendor+Cache+Data+Dalvik
2. Flash the ROM
3. Format Data [type YES] | This will wipe everything you have in your internal storage
4. Reboot to System

After you setup the rom, go back to recovery and flash Magisk. Don't flash magisk directly after installing the ROM.

Last edited:

bishwofic

Apr 9, 2022
Nepal
bishwo.info.np
Same issue the first time. Then I could not reinstall TWRP, so I installed OrangeFox to retry the installation, after a complete wipe. Then CherishOS worked for some time (maybe 2 days), then I rebooted today, and same error again (Interface program crash looping, so the phone cannot be used. Seems to happen when trying to display some notification)
CherishOS 3.9 worked without any m

CherishOS 3.9 worked without any major issue before.
Did u install any weird Magisk modules? Or try to debloat the System?

Last edited:

bishwofic

Apr 9, 2022
Nepal
bishwo.info.np

For anyone trying to install it I want to specify that I was running MIUI 12.5 and ROOTED. I already had Bootloader unlocked and custom Recovery installed but I wanted an Android 13 ROM.

Because I misunderstood the instalation guide I bricked my device several times (at least 5) but managed to unbrick it and install the latest version of stock MIUI using XiaoMiTOOL V2 (by Francesco Tescari) .

Then I found a Youtube guide on how to install the ROM. For anyone still having problems with the installation here's what worked for me.

2) I connected the phone by USB cable to the PC. I already had all the drivers installed.
And I used BRPv3.6-fastboot to install the recovery (1.FlashBRPMiuiA11Unified.bat).
3)*(It is also posible to copy the ROM on an external storage and connect it via USB-OTG)
5) From the main meniu: Wipe->Advanced Wipe->checked Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Data, Cache-> Swipe to Wipe
6) Back to the main meniu: Install->Went to the location of the ROM and selected it-> Swipe to confirm flash.
8) Wipe-> Format Data-> typed "yes" and Enter. (This will delete all data from the phone in this case the CherishOS.zip file. I sugested the point 3)* because it is was handy to my case where I bricked my phone several times)
9) Back to the main meniu: Advanced->select Disable ForceEncrypt -> Swipe to confirm Flash-> If OK continue
11) Reboot to System->And now the OS should boot to the Welcome Screen for Android 13
13) Update Magisk : I followed the instructuction on the screen and restarted the phone.
This is where the strangest BUG between CherishOS, Magisk and my sim card began.
14) The phone booted back normaly, but I was able to see my lockscren only for a 1 second then it went black and showed only the time and battery icons while blinking on/off. And no other response from the screen, no matter what I did.
15) I went back and tried the Pixel Experience [13] ROM and was able to install Magisk and open the phone normaly. This was a surprise because this tells me that Magisk is not the culprit and neither Android 13.
16) With this out of the way I reinstalled CherishOS, installed magisk and rebooted and I was stuck again with a blinking screen.
17) The temporary solution was to remove the SIM Card and put it back in. But it is a very unpractical solution if I don't have the key for SIM tray with me when I restart the phone.
TL;DR: On a rooted CherishOS 13, the screen gets stuck when asking for the SIM Card's PIN right after boot.
You should install Magisk after you first boot into the homescreen after following through the setup screen. Don't flash magisk directly after installing the ROM.

Last edited:

KOOZA0_0

Oct 1, 2022
Use 3.6.1 latest TWRP & reboot to recovery. Then,
1. Wipe System+Vendor+Cache+Data+Dalvik
2. Flash the ROM
3. Format Data [type YES] | This will wipe everything you have in your internal storage
4. Reboot to System

After you setup the rom, go back to recovery and flash Magisk. Don't flash magisk directly after installing the ROM.
Nothing change again :<<<

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.
    Code:
    [*]Your warranty is now void.
    [*]We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    [*]You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

Installation.png

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH :
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    -Flash your firmware(If required)
    -Reboot To Recovery
    -Flash the ROM
    -Format Data
    -Reboot

Downloads.png

-- DOWNLOAD !! --
    Credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Pixel Experience
    -DotOS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

WHAT'S WORKING??
    WIFI
    RIL
    Mobile Data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM Radio
    Fingerprint Reader
    Face Unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me (none)

Bug Report:
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    For more READ THIS

Source.png

-- CherishOS Source !! --

-- Kernel Source !! --

Support.png

-- Support Group !! --

BuildDetails.png

CherishOS for Redmi Note 8 Pro
    Device: Begonia
    Maintainer: Bishwo
    Build Type: Official
    Android OS Version: 12L
    Security Patch: Sep 2022
    Build Author: Bishwo
    ROM Developer: Hungphan2001

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.9.5
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Release Date: 2022-09-03​
    Is the front camera of newer RN8P is fully supported?
    After Xiaomi released R-Oss, kernel based on that now supported new front camera sensor.
    Yeah, I hadn't completely wiped the cache, so I am assuming that's what caused it, second attempt worked, wiped everything except for the vendor. It's working great so far.

The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is, how do I disable the screen on at all times? I enabled that by accident
    1. Go to Settings > Display:
    Check the 'Screen Timeout'
    Also check 'Lock Screen' and turn off 'Wake for notifications' and 'Always on While Charging'