=== New Update : 07/03/2021 ===
Available as OTA (see OP)
This is incredibly helpful, thanks. I flashed this ROM yesterday to replace the now-dropped official LOS 17.1 on my Note9, but I didn't flash the "Disable DmVerity ForceEncrypt" after flashing iode. I had kept the encryption in TWRP back when I was using LineageOS, and even though I got an error during the OTA update process, the updates would somehow still install with no issues.If anyone else wants to get their Note 9 up and running with this ROM with minimal hunting around, here's what I'd suggest (assuming coming from a stock firmware). You will end up with iode + Magisk + no 'data' encryption (so for example you can still access your Data partition from recovery).
You will need:
and also a PC for running the Odin software.
- Odin installer from https://odindownload.com/download/
Tested with: https://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.3.zip
(there is a newer version 3.14.1 but I already had 3.13.3 so tested with that)
- TWRP installer in .img.tar format from https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxynote9.html
Tested with: https://dl.twrp.me/crownlte/twrp-3.5.0_9-1-crownlte.img.tar.html
- lode ROM from https://github.com/iodeOS/ota/releases/tag/v1-crownlte
Tested with: https://github.com/iodeOS/ota/releases/download/v1-crownlte/iode-1.1-20201224-crownlte.zip
- Magisk zip installer from https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk
Tested with: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v21.4/Magisk-v21.4.zip
- Disable DmVerity ForceEncrypt fix from https://github.com/Zackptg5/Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt
Tested with: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145725184
Summary of install steps
- Update phone to latest official firmware
- Restart phone in bootloader mode and flash TWRP with Odin. If you've never done this before there is a decent guide here: https://www.droidthunder.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-samsung
- Restart phone in Recovery mode (TWRP).
- Use Wipe -> Format to completely wipe the existing Data partition.
- Copy the iode, Magisk and 'disable forced encryption' zip files to your phone. Then from TWRP install them in order of iode, Magisk and "Disable DmVerity ForceEncrypt". Do not restart the device in between each step.
To avoid forced encryption on first boot and make it optional to enable from device settings with official lineage or roms based on the official trees like this. You should use vendor_overlay for a modified fstab, or modify your stock vendor fstab.how do i decrypt this?
I assume he is talking about decrypting /data in recovery and is unable to do so because of forced encryption.How do you decrypt what ?