18.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_20170220-154710.jpeg
    Screenshot_20170220-154710.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: iron maiden

Nil253259

Jan 9, 2012
Up In The Air
Do all substratum theme work on stock 7.0? It's ok if they don't theme all apps which is expected without full OMS support. But my concern is if some of them might cause bootloop as well

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Do all substratum theme work on stock 7.0? It's ok if they don't theme all apps which is expected without full OMS support. But my concern is if some of them might cause bootloop as well
So far Swift, Natur, Destiny dark, flux, lone sub work, I would assume almost all themes would work now.
There's a rescue zip that is installed in the substratum folder, flash it and it removes the themes.

Last edited:

Nil253259

Jan 9, 2012
Up In The Air

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Reactions: raol.xh

raol.xh

Jun 2, 2013
You got your answer .
Yep,using multiwindow a couple of times worked.i already thanked the dude that suggested. Boot time of the rom is impressive and the rom is very fluid.Good job.Substratum is working fine on my end too...Have tried pixel ui theme and compound so far...haven't encounterd any bug.

Last edited:

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Yep,using multiwindow a couple of times worked.i already thanked the dude that suggested. Boot time of the rom is impressive and the rom is very fluid.Good job.Substratum is working fine on my end too...Have tried pixel ui theme and compound so far...haven't encounterd any bug.
There's no issues at all with substratum themes and I have a ton that I paid for, they just allow you to really customize the whole UI, no headers, status bar icons don't want to change.
Funny thing is, depending on which ROM I've made ,the UI changes on some and won't change totally on others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Folks
    I bring you the stock Nougat Rom, this is for ANY Moto Z Play that is running @tomparrs TWRP Recovery
    It's based on The RETBR Jan / 1 OTA
    It's for both single & dual sim versions of the MZP
    It's pre-rooted , so there's no need to flash supersu
    Moto Mod's work
    All of Moto's goodies are working
    Deodexed now

The only add-on is Arise & Dolby Atmos sound that fixes the no notification bug, you'll find the link below the rom download

ONLY USE @@alberto97s TWRP FOUND HERE:TWRP

DO NOT FLASH WITH THE CHINESE TWRP

CLEAN INSTALL ONLY
    Flash the Rom & Arise (To Fix The No Notifications Sounds)

NEW UPDATE:March /20/ 17

DOWNLOADDEODEXED VERSION 1

1 ROM FOR BOTH SINGLE & DUAL SIM & ANY MOTO Z PLAY THAT HAS TWRP AS YOUR RECOVERY
    BASED ON RETBR (JAN/ 1)

F2FS FIXES APPLIED (THANKS TO @tomparr)
    PRE-ROOTED WITH SUPERSU 2.79 R3
    Ascending ringtone fix
    Forced encryption diasabled
    Dn-verity disabled
    Init'd support enabled
    Deoxeded

Arise Sound (Fix for no Notification Sounds)ARISE
    I will not answer any questions about Magisk, you want it, then it's up to you to figure how to install it.
    I original made this rom for my personel use and decided I would share it with you.
    I have no need for magisk as any root method is my priority, for my needs supersu is more than adequate.
    There's a good search tool on XDA as well as "Google is your friend"

WE MUST GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT TO @tomparr FOR HIS F2FS FIX

THE NOUGAT BOOTANIMATION EXTRACTED (FLASH IN RECOVERY): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767136962
    If you can leave the download links up at least just in case we need an alternative :)

Leaving it up till the other threads upload is working and there's no more bugs.
    After that, I'll have my thread closed .
    Glad I had a chance to contribute to this community.
    I'm going to put this out there because people are flashing the ota.
    Chances are if you flash the OTA you may have issues if you want to flash back to MM.
    Remember your baseband changes and I don't know if the MM ROM will or is compatible.
    I've tried on my personal time ( hours and hours) to make it as easy as possible to flash back and forth from my MM ROM to the Nougat ROM with ease.
    People don't pm me if you run into issues.
    I tried to contribute to this community in a positive way.
    I should have just lurked like I did for several years after I contributed to the moto x 2013 community and it just became to much on my part answering and solving people's problems .

Sent from my XT1635-02 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Lenovo released the kernel source for the z play.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/20/kernel-source-nougat-moto-z-play-now-available/

Q: is it possible to remove the upper part of the screen in recents menu that says "touch and hold a window than drag here to use split screen" ?
    Is it a motorola thing?never saw it before on the nougat reviews...
    Use multiwindow a few times and the message goes away forever.
    -I think I found a solution to getting supersu flashed, seems fstab-qcom is forced encrypted.