• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [NOUGAT][DEODEXED] stock 7.0

Search This thread

Hulala50

Feb 17, 2010
Hi there,
It's already said that this is port from stock rom but I'll ask anyway just to make sure... anyone tried MotoMods, they work fine ? :)

p.s. thank you for the simple and fine ROM ;)

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Can't login on Snapchat

This may be a compatibility issue between Snapchat and various N ROMs. I get failed logins on my Moto E 2015 running an AOSP based 7.1.1 ROM, as well as on my ATT S6, running a leaked ATT 7.0 build. Others have reported the issue on the S6 build as well. I have not come across anyone who has found a solution.

Reactions: flashallthetime

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Richmond Hill
This may be a compatibility issue between Snapchat and various N ROMs. I get failed logins on my Moto E 2015 running an AOSP based 7.1.1 ROM, as well as on my ATT S6, running a leaked ATT 7.0 build. Others have reported the issue on the S6 build as well. I have not come across anyone who has found a solution.

I believe you need to unroot and sign in to snapchat and you can re-root again,
Some folks say that works.
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be helpful as I can but I'm not spoon feeding anyone.
Google or XDA search is your first step in finding solutions.

Reactions: fraunhofer777

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I believe you need to unroot and sign in to snapchat and you can re-root again,
Some folks say that works.
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be helpful as I can but I'm not spoon feeding anyone.
Google or XDA search is your first step in finding solutions.
Hopefully that will work for him. My S6 build isn't rooted and never was, so not the issue there.

I don't really use Snapchat, so not an issue for me, lol.

mercuriox85

Feb 17, 2011
messina
Hopefully that will work for him. My S6 build isn't rooted and never was, so not the issue there.

I don't really use Snapchat, so not an issue for me, lol.
Yes work but you have to pass safetynet check.
Unroot and disable xposed framework (if you have it).
Login on snapchat or play fire emblem..after you can reactive all.

Inviato dal mio XT1635-02 utilizzando Tapatalk

tschannik26

Mar 31, 2014
Installed the rom two days ago, everything is working fine so far.
Battery seems to be even better than before!
I have the battery mod and JBL sound mod, both work just fine.
Didn't realise any speed improvement, but I'm still encrypted.

Thanks a lot for the rom, I'm perfectly happy. Just waiting for Xposed now...

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Richmond Hill
This thing is crazy fast. Out of curiosity how much of the speed improvement is due to Nougat and how much is due to the removal of the forced encryption?

To be honest, I have no personal comparison between 100% stock Nougat and this rom, I flashed my MM rom a month ago and removed encryption then.
I'm sure there's is a difference and leaving it odex also provides a slight boost in speed.

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
To be honest, I have no personal comparison between 100% stock Nougat and this rom, I flashed my MM rom a month ago and removed encryption then.
I'm sure there's is a difference and leaving it odex also provides a slight boost in speed.

I just did a read write test on the internal SD and I think before I was getting about 150MB/s read and 40MB/s write on MM. Now it's 190MB/s read and 60MB/s write.

Just some numbers to backup the speed increase.

tschannik26

Mar 31, 2014
Which app did you use to test read and write speeds?
I used a few different apps now, also varying sizes and numbers of files. I get about 145 mb/s write and 275 mb/s read, which doesn't really seem plausible to me...

vicebtx

Oct 24, 2012
Guadalajara
I have tested the last build. (Hadn't gotten time).
Accelerometer, moto gestures, sound notification, root...
Everything is working fine. I haven't found any bugs at all.
A really stable version.
Thanks again.

XT1635-02

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
One thing I've noticed is that notifications cause the phone to vibrate when in a call. This wasn't the case with a stock Marshmallow. Is there a setting that can be adjusted rather than removing the notifications system wide

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Folks
    I bring you the stock Nougat Rom, this is for ANY Moto Z Play that is running @tomparrs TWRP Recovery
    It's based on The RETBR Jan / 1 OTA
    It's for both single & dual sim versions of the MZP
    It's pre-rooted , so there's no need to flash supersu
    Moto Mod's work
    All of Moto's goodies are working
    Deodexed now

The only add-on is Arise & Dolby Atmos sound that fixes the no notification bug, you'll find the link below the rom download

ONLY USE @@alberto97s TWRP FOUND HERE:TWRP

DO NOT FLASH WITH THE CHINESE TWRP

CLEAN INSTALL ONLY
    Flash the Rom & Arise (To Fix The No Notifications Sounds)

NEW UPDATE:March /20/ 17

DOWNLOADDEODEXED VERSION 1

1 ROM FOR BOTH SINGLE & DUAL SIM & ANY MOTO Z PLAY THAT HAS TWRP AS YOUR RECOVERY
    BASED ON RETBR (JAN/ 1)

F2FS FIXES APPLIED (THANKS TO @tomparr)
    PRE-ROOTED WITH SUPERSU 2.79 R3
    Ascending ringtone fix
    Forced encryption diasabled
    Dn-verity disabled
    Init'd support enabled
    Deoxeded

Arise Sound (Fix for no Notification Sounds)ARISE
    I will not answer any questions about Magisk, you want it, then it's up to you to figure how to install it.
    I original made this rom for my personel use and decided I would share it with you.
    I have no need for magisk as any root method is my priority, for my needs supersu is more than adequate.
    There's a good search tool on XDA as well as "Google is your friend"

WE MUST GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT TO @tomparr FOR HIS F2FS FIX

THE NOUGAT BOOTANIMATION EXTRACTED (FLASH IN RECOVERY): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767136962
    If you can leave the download links up at least just in case we need an alternative :)

Leaving it up till the other threads upload is working and there's no more bugs.
    After that, I'll have my thread closed .
    Glad I had a chance to contribute to this community.
    I'm going to put this out there because people are flashing the ota.
    Chances are if you flash the OTA you may have issues if you want to flash back to MM.
    Remember your baseband changes and I don't know if the MM ROM will or is compatible.
    I've tried on my personal time ( hours and hours) to make it as easy as possible to flash back and forth from my MM ROM to the Nougat ROM with ease.
    People don't pm me if you run into issues.
    I tried to contribute to this community in a positive way.
    I should have just lurked like I did for several years after I contributed to the moto x 2013 community and it just became to much on my part answering and solving people's problems .

Sent from my XT1635-02 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Lenovo released the kernel source for the z play.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/20/kernel-source-nougat-moto-z-play-now-available/

Q: is it possible to remove the upper part of the screen in recents menu that says "touch and hold a window than drag here to use split screen" ?
    Is it a motorola thing?never saw it before on the nougat reviews...
    Use multiwindow a few times and the message goes away forever.
    -I think I found a solution to getting supersu flashed, seems fstab-qcom is forced encrypted.