[ROM] null_ 23 / 12th MAR / DEVELOPMENT THREAD [ AROMA / ROOTED / DEODEXED ]

triplerider

Jan 23, 2007
There have been mixed results with updating the Gear Manager, Some report that it wipes everything, while others say a restore is all that is needed in the gear manager. So Update at your own risk. Unfortunately Samsung does not include a Change log. So we don;t know what to look for. I believe there is a thread already started on this subject of the new gear manager. I would say check that out.
Careful updating to 903. It was forced on me this morning and it took me awhile to get everything back. Luckily I was able to do a TWRP backup before the nonsense started. I'll post my experience in the Gear Manager thread but wanted to give a quick warning about doing this update.

PS. I don't notice anything different.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

On a development note, I really wish Samsung would release an SDK for the Gear. I've noticed 2 really cool things within apps recently that makes me excited about the possibilities once it is opened up.

First, I have Runkeeper installed on the phone and gear. On the gear it is quite minimal as it just allows starting, pausing, and stopping an exercise along with stats based on your exercise. What I found really amazing is that it shows the GPS status from the phone. To me, this means that we could have some sort of GPS mapping app that only displays the map and where you are going without the massive battery drain currently used by BT GPS tethering.

Second, when I use Google Voice Search from the phone, it activates the Gear's speaker and microphone. This is really exciting to me, because this means at some point, we should be able to have direct access to Autovoice and Tasker without having to use Autoremote to send messages. This would make home and phone automation use a breeze and, IMHO would make the Gear a must have for many more consumers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks to fOmey for creating such an awesome ROM.

Reactions: avands

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
Anyone here with Lg G2?I can't manage to make Gear work with G2, i have latest null on him and on the phone i tryed many roms but i can't open Gear Manager.Please help me with some advices.

Note: 2 posts above, this is not a support thread. Please move your question to the correct thread.

Try this thread "TUTORIAL - Connect a new Galaxy Gear to any phone! (no galaxy phone, no gear manager)"

Thanks!

Guys, Lets keep this thread clean of support questions please. Thanks!

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Thank you very much champ.

Dont flash full system UI if you want the toggles.

All unread notifications are stored there.

Did you click next ? It will scroll through the permissions, when you hit the end it will ask you to install.

Guys keep in mind this is a development thread, its not a support thread.. if you need clarification on things like the questions you have posted please direct them to the support threads available or join the chat on the website.
Maybe instead of answering the questions you just post see support thread.. eventually they will get the hint. I think If people keep answering People will keep asking.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
Can't update xposed. Or any app sideloaded for that matter. When it asks if you wanna update, I can't scroll down to click OK. I'm on the latest 15. Anyone else not able to?
The problem is the font in Package Installer is too big even with font settings at their smallest in gear settings. What you have to do is go into Full settings/Null/App Settings and select "Package Installer". Set the DPI to 120, then save and exit. Might need to reboot for good measure. This change will allow you to see all the text and buttons so you can make the proper selections whenever you update any of your apps.

misticjeff

Nov 26, 2009
Las Vegas
ok so ive searched around the thread regarding bt tethering as well as the thread for the rom im using on my note 3 but I can't find a solution to my problem. im running the hyperdrive rom on my verizon note 3 and I followed the instructions in the op I checked the little box on my gear in bluetooth settings as well as enabled bt tethering on my phone. both devices r paired together just fine but im not getting any sort of connection to the internet. web pages all time out and I cant sign into google because I have no data. is there something else I should be doing?

Sent from your mother's house using my SM-N900V. She says to tell you "hi".
Please see support thread(s).

Sent from the Starship Enterprise using my custom modded Tricorder.

mark manning

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
I guess I need to subscribe to this thread...

As the OP has stated this is not a support thread please take all questions to the link below

"TUTORIAL - Connect a new Galaxy Gear to any phone! (no galaxy phone, no gear manager)"

If your post was deleted it is because it did not belong in this thread. Any posts that do not have something to do with the development of this rom will be removed

Thread cleaned and subscribed to

Last edited:

kingofthehuns

Jun 4, 2010
GPS tethering?

Do you think there is a chance to restore Enable Mock Allocations to the Developer Options (only available on the null_07+ roms)?
I'd love to use GPS tethering.

Thanks,

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
I guess I need to subscribe to this thread...

As the OP has stated this is not a support thread please take all questions to the link below

"TUTORIAL - Connect a new Galaxy Gear to any phone! (no galaxy phone, no gear manager)"

If your post was deleted it is because it did not belong in this thread. Any posts that do not have something to do with the development of this rom will be removed

Thread cleaned and subscribed to

That thread only deals with connecting the gear to the phone.

I believe you mean this thread:

[Tutorial] Null_ TWRP / Null_ ROM / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound Theme / & More

Do you think there is a chance to restore Enable Mock Allocations to the Developer Options (only available on the null_07+ roms)?
I'd love to use GPS tethering.

Thanks,
I think you mean Allow Mock Locations, And that is still there in Developer Options (Null_15) Just did a fresh flash to make sure it was not left over from dirty flash. Still there. Should you need support please post it in the thread above. Thanks!

Reactions: tyvar1

calimegot

Jan 30, 2009
I 've another issue (i try to find everywhere in the posts ...)
I can't use your Contact list to call anyone...

When i use the Stock contact list of the gear, i can click , and call...
But when i use Contact list, i can manage and see all of my contacts, but i can't call...
there's a way to do it ? or i must use the Gear Contact list ?

best Regards FOmey... and great job

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I 've another issue (i try to find everywhere in the posts ...)
I can't use your Contact list to call anyone...

When i use the Stock contact list of the gear, i can click , and call...
But when i use Contact list, i can manage and see all of my contacts, but i can't call...
there's a way to do it ? or i must use the Gear Contact list ?

best Regards FOmey... and great job
No.. sadly not, only reason why the contacts app is included is because it includes direct dial widgets.

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Depends, if there are any changes then dam right.

EDIT: Changelist is exactly the same.. no rebase.
Thanks for the quick response and also for confirming whether there were any changes or not in the 2 bases. Cane wait to get my gear on Wednesday.

sent from my Note 3 or Galaxy Gear:D