[ROM] null_ 23 / 12th MAR / DEVELOPMENT THREAD [ AROMA / ROOTED / DEODEXED ]

calimegot

Jan 30, 2009
ExDialer + Contacts support NFC...

This is really good news...
I've now a perfect phone on the gear (pretty good dialer, in full screen), i can see all the contacts with pictures and use the phone when i click on a contact...
(but i don't see how to access options in the soft for have the 'name first' , instead of the 'first name' :) ...)

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Great to see the rom thread back at XDA! I've been able to set up my Gear almost exactly how I want it on this rom. I do have one request, if it's even possible:

I use Google Voice and have my GV settings set up to "ask every time I make a call". So after I press send in my stock phone dialer, I'm prompted if I want to use my cell # or GV #. Even though I have GV on my Gear, I do not receive that prompt when I try to call out from it. It pauses for a few moments then ends the call (presumably because it isn't set up through voicemail settings and doesn't know there should be another option).

Is it possible to build (or add) in voicemail settings in the Gear? Or somehow tell it which # I want to call from without changing the settings on my phone from "ask every time I make a call"? I'd be fine if it always called from my cell # (from the Gear) as long as I could choose each time on my phone. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Great to see the rom thread back at XDA! I've been able to set up my Gear almost exactly how I want it on this rom. I do have one request, if it's even possible:

I use Google Voice and have my GV settings set up to "ask every time I make a call". So after I press send in my stock phone dialer, I'm prompted if I want to use my cell # or GV #. Even though I have GV on my Gear, I do not receive that prompt when I try to call out from it. It pauses for a few moments then ends the call (presumably because it isn't set up through voicemail settings and doesn't know there should be another option).

Is it possible to build (or add) in voicemail settings in the Gear? Or somehow tell it which # I want to call from without changing the settings on my phone from "ask every time I make a call"? I'd be fine if it always called from my cell # (from the Gear) as long as I could choose each time on my phone. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Im confused :laugh:

danyvw

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks fOmey!!!! Here you have a beer!!!!!! Confirmation number: 39C70920LT8973640

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013

Google Voice, changes internal phone settings and that causes conflict with the gear. I beilve you have to set your phone up or use Google Voice or your phone number, you can't have it ask or the gear will time out as it is unable to make the call.

Edit: Ok now I am confused, I just installed Google Voice back on my phone and have it setup to ask every time, but that setting only takes place when making calls from within Google voice, it never asks me otherwise. and my gear still uses the main dialer on the phone and makes calls no problem. So I am unsure where the issue is.

But rather than keep going here in this thread, Lets continue this question HERE We want to keep this thread clean of support questions. THANKS!
I have posted this same response over there Post#236

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Im confused :laugh:

LOL

Google Voice, changes internal phone settings and that causes conflict with the gear. I beilve you have to set your phone up or use Google Voice or your phone number, you can't have it ask or the gear will time out as it is unable to make the call.

Edit: Ok now I am confused, I just installed Google Voice back on my phone and have it setup to ask every time, but that setting only takes place when making calls from within Google voice, it never asks me otherwise. and my gear still uses the main dialer on the phone and makes calls no problem. So I am unsure where the issue is.

But rather than keep going here in this thread, Lets continue this question HERE We want to keep this thread clean of support questions. THANKS!
I have posted this same response over there Post#236
Alright thanks. I commented on your post over there.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Does this Custom Rom let the Galaxy Gear work with other Smartphones then Samsung?? Is it possible to use this with my LG G2? :fingers-crossed:
I believe so. The only restriction is the Gear is initally locked until you sync it with the Gear Manager app from your phone. So if you side load it to your G2, you should be able to pass the set up screen on the Gear.

The rom basically makes the Gear like a small tablet so worst case, sync it with a N3 or S4, flash the rom, then sync with your G2.

Reactions: almulder1092

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Any chance to have signature on photos? Settings is there but without any effect.

GT-I9505_4.3 with TⓐPⓐTⓐLⓚ4&EchoeRom V.10_MKF
Difficult to diagnose whats causing this, I cant logcat while taking a photo, due to the gear not being able to take photos while on charge.. So I can troubleshoot why the signature is not being attached.

Seems like more hassle then its worth to fix.

Reactions: speedyranger

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Any chance to have signature on photos? Settings is there but without any effect.

GT-I9505_4.3 with TⓐPⓐTⓐLⓚ4&EchoeRom V.10_MKF
that happen to me.. now I'm stay on v10. :(
Spent a solid hour trying to figure out what was causing the signature issue.. I dont know, I've given up for now..

All I could find is the signature is meant to be stored here: "/system/MySignature/SignatureGear.png", thats why its not being applied to the photos.

I assume this PNG is meant to be generated by a APK on the fly or something along those lines, I looked in the stock rom images, theres no file there.. so yeah its the only explanation I guess.

I also cant find any traces or references to the PNG anywhere else but in the camera APK.. I would suggest someone placing a test signature PNG in that location and see if its applied to the photo's you take.. remember to set the correct permissions, just imitate the permissions in that directory to start off with you may have to tweak them tho.. just experiment.

EDIT: Confirmed placing a PNG in that location, the signature will appear on photos. In other words you can use custom signatures with photos if you like..

EDIT 2: Attached a Galaxy Gear logo for anyone that wants to test.

Right click above & hit save as, you cant see the image because its transparent & white.

Last edited:

kaizer hanz

Aug 22, 2009
Jakarta - Bandung
Spent a solid hour trying to figure out what was causing the signature issue.. I dont know, I've given up for now..

All I could find is the signature is meant to be stored here: "/system/MySignature/SignatureGear.png", thats why its not being applied to the photos.

I assume this PNG is meant to be generated by a APK on the fly or something along those lines, I looked in the stock rom images, theres no file there.. so yeah its the only explanation I guess.

I also cant find any traces or references to the PNG anywhere else but in the camera APK.. I would suggest someone placing a test signature PNG in that location and see if its applied to the photo's you take.. remember to set the correct permissions, just imitate the permissions in that directory to start off with you may have to tweak them tho.. just experiment.

EDIT: Confirmed placing a PNG in that location, the signature will appear on photos. In other words you can use custom signatures with photos if you like..

EDIT 2: Attached a Galaxy Gear logo for anyone that wants to test.
hay fomey:

I didn't found /system/MySignature directory.. or I miss something...?

screenshot_1223201127.png