• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Rom][NXH20B] Huawei Watch 2 BT LEO-B09/LEO-BX9 Global Fastboot [Factory Images]

Search This thread

dr_chch

May 15, 2017
Bogota
Finally The wait is over :D
For all of you outside waiting for Global Firmware ROM... here it is:

I have tried it in a LEO-BX9 working flawless... last version received with chinese firmware by OTA was NXH19R

As previously done text is copied from giangishanghai as most are applicable. Thanks @giangishanghai for all the help and the patience :angel:)

- Make sure you have ADB activated on watch and all files needed on your pc (there are plenty of guides on xda so please search and read it if needed).
- Download 7z file from here : https://mega.nz/#!ozB12QrD
Decription Key
!U6_ZwGwPNUNj3P0PCfpsDtVoGpPG_x1csvR8I1ECOqU
-Edit: You will find 6 .img files:
bootloader, boot, cache, recovery, system, userdata.

-EDIT: In this link you will find whole Recovery software and images if needed:
https://mega.nz/#!YiZkjKyR
Decription Key
!vlUDAZz3mEJsSOpKYgbX5YaITUN59uL3YaVRSOtpVcU

-Edit: Before going to Bootloader, make sure ADB is working and your watch is recognized properly:
Run
Code:
adb devices
Result should be your Watch ID and the word "device" (unathorized or anything else will not work, when unathorized appears make sure to check your Watch for a prompt to authorize something, as it is in Chinese, choose the option with more characters - third one as I remember-)

-Boot the watch into bootloader mode
shut down the watch, press the power button and quickly press twice when the first vibration finished.
-Use the following commands one by one:
(DO NOT flash the bootloader.img)
IMPORTANT!!!: Make sure to run ALL commands below, from the ADB folder, where you have to previously copied all 6 *.IMG files, otherwise you will receive a lot of errors.
For Example if your ADB folder is in C:\adb, the command prompt should be in "C:\adb" so you make a DOS dir command and you see all 6 *.img files plus some ADB files

Then start with following commands one by one in exact order....
fastboot oem unlock (no needed if you already unlock your watch)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot reboot

DONE!!

EDIT: ****PLEASE READ IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY TOUCH ISSUES******Thanks @mcdull
I were able to flash the rom without any issues. HOWEVER...
Originally I suggested NOT to temper with the bootloader so that we can keep the very low level of the device untouched to prevent hard bricking.
But I experienced inaccurate touch screen after applying the ROM. And then I finally convinced myself to flash the bootloader to see if it can fix it.

It is now confirmed that flashing the bootloader will NOT change the model number. So the device model is determined by its hardware. And I can check the FCC of Leo-bx9 in official website, so there must be somewhere in the world selling this BX9 with global rom.

What's more important is that the touch screen is now working perfectly. All part of the screen is now touchable and accurate.

All in all, if you have any touch issue, you may be able to resolve it by flashing the bootloader. Bare in mind that Huawei can be told that you have tempered the bootloader if they dig deep. But I am prepared to give up the warranty for a Global Rom.

*****END OF EDIT******

After all this steps your watch reboot and the first thing you will see is a message in English, then you can choose the language you want.

Please don't forget to say thanks and also to @giangishanghai who was really really helpful on remote assistance and also @mcdull who was always promptly replying to help the community

Last edited:

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Thank @dr_chch for your great contribution.

Originally I suggested NOT to temper with the bootloader so that we can keep the very low level of the device untouched to prevent hard bricking.
But I experienced inaccurate touch screen after applying the ROM. And then I finally convinced myself to flash the bootloader to see if it can fix it.

It is now confirmed that flashing the bootloader will NOT change the model number. So the device model is determined by its hardware. And I can check the FCC of Leo-bx9 in official website, so there must be somewhere in the world selling this BX9 with global rom.

What's more important is that the touch screen is now working perfectly. All part of the screen is now touchable and accurate.

All in all, if you have any touch issue, you may be able to resolve it by flashing the bootloader. Bare in mind that Huawei can be told that you have tempered the bootloader if they dig deep. But I am prepared to give up the warranty for a Global Rom.
@dr_chch, grateful if you could include this in your tutorial. Thanks a lot for your contribution that making all these possible.

Last edited:

dr_chch

May 15, 2017
Bogota
thank @dr_chch for your great contribution.

I were able to flash the rom without any issues. However...
Originally i suggested not to temper with the bootloader so that we can keep the very low level of the device untouched to prevent hard bricking.
But i experienced inaccurate touch screen after applying the rom. And then i finally convinced myself to flash the bootloader to see if it can fix it.

It is now confirmed that flashing the bootloader will not change the model number. So the device model is determined by its hardware. And i can check the fcc of leo-bx9 in official website, so there must be somewhere in the world selling this bx9 with global rom.

All in all, if you have any touch issue, you may be able to resolve it by flashing the bootloader. Bare in mind that huawei can be told that you have tempered the bootloader if they dig deep. But i am prepared to give up the warranty for a global rom.
@dr_chch, grateful if you could include this in your tutorial. Thanks a lot for your contribution that making all these possible.

done updated thanks!!

Reactions: Rrilmar

Ethersphynx

Jun 1, 2017
Will try this out today

I have a LEO-BX9 currently running the Chinese ROM version. I've downloaded the new files. I will try this out later today and post my results as well.

A real huge thanks for getting the ROM and posting the steps. I've been following the forum for a month and it's impressive to see how you guys kept at it until you reached the finish line! Keep up the good work bro's! @giangishanghai and @dr_chch - You guys rock!

Edit: Works flawlessly! Just follow the instructions to the letter. Shiny new English ROM purring like a kitten!

Last edited:

devilsden

Dec 10, 2007
Hi guys

I flashed the below ROM on my BT version
Leo-L09S 2.1.7_Firmware_general_05014AHH from (Guide: How to flash english firmware to chinese huawei watch 2 sim card variant) on my BT version by mistake....

The watch does not boot at all.. No response when I press the power button cant go into fastboot or anything... its completely dead... Please let me know what can be done...

justgoingon

Jun 30, 2017
I'm trying to do this, but my Huawei Watch 2 is being recognized as a MTP device and wont appear under the device list when I type "abd devices". How do I fix this? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

So, somehow I made it work. But I didn't do the commands properly and now the watch seems to be bricked. Is there any way I can bring it back into fastboot mode so I can flash the image correctly?

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Managed to get into fastboot and it seems to work fine. Thank you :)

haiduong1990

Aug 3, 2017
Hi guys

I flashed the below ROM on my BT version
Leo-L09S 2.1.7_Firmware_general_05014AHH from (Guide: How to flash english firmware to chinese huawei watch 2 sim card variant) on my BT version by mistake....

The watch does not boot at all.. No response when I press the power button cant go into fastboot or anything... its completely dead... Please let me know what can be done...

I have the same problem :crying: , anyone can help ?? thank so much

[email protected]

Aug 25, 2017
Black screen after flash bootloader

Hi Friends,
I tried the installed the first 6 file but it stuck at fastboot page, I restart several times but still not help.
After bootup it goes to fastboot mode.
then I tried to flash the bootloader to see whether it could help, but it turns to black screen.

totally no response , only a black screen, no vibrate holding the power button.

please help !!
thank you for any advice!

Yonghao Liu

Sep 5, 2017
[Rom][NWD1.170711.002] Huawei Watch 2 BT LEO-B09 Chinese Fastboot [Factory Images]

I finally have uploaded the Chinese version of the Factory Images, and here is the link:
https://www.jianguoyun.com/p/DRcrvN0Q3O-HBhjeiTQ (The file is currently under transmission by the time of this post. It should be available within hours.)

On download completion, find the .exe file in the zip archive and open it with any compressed file manager, where you will see several .img images. Flash them right onto your watch following the instructions on https://forum.xda-developers.com/wa...09-leo-bx9-t3616779/post72542838#post72542838 with ADB and FASTBOOT tools.

It works quite perfectly on my watch. Nevertheless, I am not responsible for any possible damages.

Go check it out! @dr_chch

Last edited:
Reactions: aliuwr

zyf0330

Dec 20, 2015
I finally have uploaded the Chinese version of the Factory Images, and here is the link:
https://www.jianguoyun.com/p/DRcrvN0Q3O-HBhjeiTQ (The file is currently under transmission by the time of this post. It should be available within hours.)

On download completion, find the .exe file in the zip archive and open it with any compressed file manager, where you will see several .img images. Flash them right onto your watch following the instructions on https://forum.xda-developers.com/wa...09-leo-bx9-t3616779/post72542838#post72542838 with ADB and FASTBOOT tools.

It works quite perfectly on my watch. Nevertheless, I am not responsible for any possible damages.

Hi, I flash your images, everything works normally expect notify. When notify appears on phone, there is no vibrate and no sound on wear, just notify card shown silently.
My wear had global version system, but Google Map gave a wrong location, so I try China version.
I use light flow to test notify. When I open option "silence phone while wearing watch", phone doesn't sound too but still vibrate. If I close this option, phone sound and vibrate. But watch always doesn't action.

Last edited:

CallMeEggLeader

Feb 13, 2016

:D Hi friend!I'm a Chinese Huawei Watch 2 User,do you have the LTE version Chinese Factory Image?I spend a lot of time to find it.But I falied.By the way,Are the LEO-B09S and the LEO-DLXX the same model?My device is LEO-DLXX,if I got a LEO-B09S Chinese Factory Image,can I flash it?
Thanks a lot!

leycera

Sep 15, 2017
:D Hi friend!I'm a Chinese Huawei Watch 2 User,do you have the LTE version Chinese Factory Image?I spend a lot of time to find it.But I falied.By the way,Are the LEO-B09S and the LEO-DLXX the same model?My device is LEO-DLXX,if I got a LEO-B09S Chinese Factory Image,can I flash it?
Thanks a lot!

I tried the international image on a LEO-DLXX, works fine, but without the SIM capabilities (4G, calls and etc), and during the boot there is a message about being using a different operating system. I suppose you'd get the same with the Chinese version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally The wait is over :D
    For all of you outside waiting for Global Firmware ROM... here it is:

I have tried it in a LEO-BX9 working flawless... last version received with chinese firmware by OTA was NXH19R

As previously done text is copied from giangishanghai as most are applicable. Thanks @giangishanghai for all the help and the patience :angel:)

- Make sure you have ADB activated on watch and all files needed on your pc (there are plenty of guides on xda so please search and read it if needed).
    - Download 7z file from here : https://mega.nz/#!ozB12QrD
    Decription Key
    !U6_ZwGwPNUNj3P0PCfpsDtVoGpPG_x1csvR8I1ECOqU
    -Edit: You will find 6 .img files:
    bootloader, boot, cache, recovery, system, userdata.

-EDIT: In this link you will find whole Recovery software and images if needed:
    https://mega.nz/#!YiZkjKyR
    Decription Key
    !vlUDAZz3mEJsSOpKYgbX5YaITUN59uL3YaVRSOtpVcU

-Edit: Before going to Bootloader, make sure ADB is working and your watch is recognized properly:
    Run
    Code:
    adb devices
    Result should be your Watch ID and the word "device" (unathorized or anything else will not work, when unathorized appears make sure to check your Watch for a prompt to authorize something, as it is in Chinese, choose the option with more characters - third one as I remember-)

-Boot the watch into bootloader mode
    shut down the watch, press the power button and quickly press twice when the first vibration finished.
    -Use the following commands one by one:
    (DO NOT flash the bootloader.img)
    IMPORTANT!!!: Make sure to run ALL commands below, from the ADB folder, where you have to previously copied all 6 *.IMG files, otherwise you will receive a lot of errors.
    For Example if your ADB folder is in C:\adb, the command prompt should be in "C:\adb" so you make a DOS dir command and you see all 6 *.img files plus some ADB files

Then start with following commands one by one in exact order....
    fastboot oem unlock (no needed if you already unlock your watch)
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot reboot

DONE!!

EDIT: ****PLEASE READ IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY TOUCH ISSUES******Thanks @mcdull

*****END OF EDIT******

After all this steps your watch reboot and the first thing you will see is a message in English, then you can choose the language you want.

Please don't forget to say thanks and also to @giangishanghai who was really really helpful on remote assistance and also @mcdull who was always promptly replying to help the community
    Thank @dr_chch for your great contribution.

thank you. It was a pleasure for me to help.
    sorry but I am trying to hit thanks button since two days ago with no result.... dunno why...:(

regards
    Will flashing bootloader and re-locking get Android Pay working?

hello,
    yes it should work.

regards
    thank @dr_chch for your great contribution.

I were able to flash the rom without any issues. However...
    Originally i suggested not to temper with the bootloader so that we can keep the very low level of the device untouched to prevent hard bricking.
    But i experienced inaccurate touch screen after applying the rom. And then i finally convinced myself to flash the bootloader to see if it can fix it.

It is now confirmed that flashing the bootloader will not change the model number. So the device model is determined by its hardware. And i can check the fcc of leo-bx9 in official website, so there must be somewhere in the world selling this bx9 with global rom.

All in all, if you have any touch issue, you may be able to resolve it by flashing the bootloader. Bare in mind that huawei can be told that you have tempered the bootloader if they dig deep. But i am prepared to give up the warranty for a global rom.

done updated thanks!!