[ROM][Oct. 26 2011] >>> Phiremod 7.1 <<< [CM7.1]

Search This thread

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Welcome to Phiremod for Nook!

This rom is based off CM 7.1, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.

Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.

Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.

CHANGELOG
--------------------
### V7.1 - Android 2.3.7
Built from CyanogenMod 7.1
MD5: 405f32833f3a54a95ef658b15f24cfa7

Removed:
--------
* Androidian.apk
* CMStats.apk
* CMUpdateNotify.apk
* CMWallpapers.apk
* Cyanbread.apk
* ADW

Custom:
------------------------
* PMWallpapers.apk
* Settings.apk
* CMParts.apk
* Protips.apk

Applications Added:
----------------------------
* Google Docs
* LauncherPro
* Canvas

Other Changes:
---------------------
* Hosts profile to stop most web adds
* Lots of framework modifications
* Modified system fonts
* Modified system changelog to match phiremod releases
* Google Gears Boot Animation
* More system sounds
* Custom Default Wallpaper
* Other minor changes

Google Apps:
-------------------
* NOT included
* Removed Car Home
* Removed Setup Wizard

Huge thanks to:
Cyanogen + teamdouche
Mad-Murdock
samuelhalff
adam2010
Cicada
thecubed
dalingrin
fattire
All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

Attachments

• screenshot-1319235689794.jpg
    screenshot-1319235689794.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6,216
  • screenshot-1319235600148.jpg
    screenshot-1319235600148.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4,361
  • screenshot-1319235634564.jpg
    screenshot-1319235634564.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4,918

dmrusoff

Nov 8, 2010
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! Thanks for this... been waiting forever for your new release. Awesome, will load it up tonight!

gvarv

Jan 14, 2009
cleaned data, system, cache. Installed, installed phiremod gapps. Booted. The N button doesnt appear to do anything - how can I set this to be the home button?

ChaOConnor

Oct 8, 2007
Bel Air, MD
www.chaoconnor.com
cleaned data, system, cache. Installed, installed phiremod gapps. Booted. The N button doesnt appear to do anything - how can I set this to be the home button?

I have the same problem. N button works to turn the screen on, but that's it. If I dual-boot to my stock Image the N button works fine. Something in the new 7.1 has changed the behavior of the N button.

Other than that, this rocks, thank you!!!

THRiLL KiLL

May 11, 2010
reporting that the "n" button doesnt take you home.

and changing the settings to long press doesnt seem to work either

besides that this is a great rom.

keep up the good work :)

supernoman

Mar 31, 2008
Weird graphical glitch on stock install. Open app drawer with nook vertical, then turn it horizontal. Only 1 icon appears in horizontal view and the text is all garbled.

I too had the N not functioning but a reflash sorted it out.

swedenboy

Feb 22, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Thanks for your work.

Anyway, I experienced the CM 7.1 drained the battery so fast (in comparison with stock 1.2) so I wonder with some mod, will it be better?

Thanks again.

guardianali

Dec 18, 2009
I'm not sure why but my nook is constantly freezing up requiring a hard restart whenever I'm using wifi.

It happens randomly. It use to happen on older cm nightlies but the newer ones had fixed the issue. Is there a fix for this is?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

SCrid2000

Jun 13, 2011
Puyallup, WA
Awesome man!
Hey, I've been meaning to all, would you mind (and be able to) making a flashable zip that would let one put your mods over any cyanogenmod nightly? That way we could use you're mods with newer versions of CM7, no need to wait for new releases :)

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

ncmt4g64

Jul 28, 2011
I am running phiromod 6.3, to update do I backup all apps in titanium backup and flash from my cwr boot SD card and wipe everythingand flash or do I update with rom manager? I'm just not quite sure how to update and keep all my apps and market

bionicmonkey

Sep 19, 2011
Sweet I'll flash this weekend loved the last release.

Sent from my [R3] BLURR3D DROID BIONIC using XDA App.

whatsthat

Mar 2, 2008
This rom is awesome. We don't need to use home button, you can make it visible on screen by going to Phiremod settings. The battery almost doesn't drain when it's in sleep mode. Wow.

crea78

Jan 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I would like to try out this ROM but every time I click on the download link in the OP, it takes me to the phiremod website and can't find out where to download the file. Any help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Phiremod for Nook!

This rom is based off CM 7.1, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.

Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.

Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.

CHANGELOG
    --------------------
    ### V7.1 - Android 2.3.7
    Built from CyanogenMod 7.1
    MD5: 405f32833f3a54a95ef658b15f24cfa7

Removed:
    --------
    * Androidian.apk
    * CMStats.apk
    * CMUpdateNotify.apk
    * CMWallpapers.apk
    * Cyanbread.apk
    * ADW

Custom:
    ------------------------
    * PMWallpapers.apk
    * Settings.apk
    * CMParts.apk
    * Protips.apk

Applications Added:
    ----------------------------
    * Google Docs
    * LauncherPro
    * Canvas

Other Changes:
    ---------------------
    * Hosts profile to stop most web adds
    * Lots of framework modifications
    * Modified system fonts
    * Modified system changelog to match phiremod releases
    * Google Gears Boot Animation
    * More system sounds
    * Custom Default Wallpaper
    * Other minor changes

Google Apps:
    -------------------
    * NOT included
    * Removed Car Home
    * Removed Setup Wizard

Huge thanks to:
    Cyanogen + teamdouche
    Mad-Murdock
    samuelhalff
    adam2010
    Cicada
    thecubed
    dalingrin
    fattire
    All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

If you experience the 'n' button not working, reflash the rom without wiping.
    Thanks for your work.

Anyway, I experienced the CM 7.1 drained the battery so fast (in comparison with stock 1.2) so I wonder with some mod, will it be better?

Thanks again.
    No battery drain at all here. How long have you had it 7.1 installed and when did the drain start?

---------

Thanks Phiredrop!!!!!
    Is there a way to get the MIUI style dropdown menu in this? I love the 16 options I have there.

Alternatively, maybe a way to put CM's tablet style status bar to MIUI?
    Update : Found the file I needed.

*note to self: RTFM.

I installed this on my SD card using jtbnets setup. It loaded for and runs great. When I install Gapps, it hangs at the touch android screen. The android highlights and I can change languages but it will not continue.

Is there a certain Gapps version I need? I see mention of Phiremod Gapps, but don't see a dl link anywhere, so I've been using the latest Gapps from CyanogenMod's sight.

I am installing Gapps via SD/Alternate on the boot menu.

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium

https://sites.google.com/site/phire...-for-phiremod-nook-7.1.zip?attredirects=0&d=1