[ROM][ODIN][CWR][EP4P] Humble 5.0 RC2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 11-9-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ssmaster

Jan 22, 2011
i'm not following you here... if you odin'd 4.2, mounted system, flashed 4.22 in CWM you should be done. if you heard the partitions being converted, this means you have lagfix enabled. check the phone info to see which version is installed... i'll bet its 4.22. there is no 'installing' necessary... its done when you flash it. and why are you disabling lagfix?

First off I wipe cache and Dalvik before every flash of 4.22.

I did this about 3 times, i even re-downloaded 4.22 just in case it was a bad download. ive tried flashing odin 4.2, waiting for lagfix since it happens automatically, booting to the touch the android screen, rebooting to the touch the android screen, booting into recovery, then mounting system, then flashing, i get the samsung screen over and over again every 10 seconds. I also tried flashing odin 4.2, powering off, booting to recovery, mounting system, then flashing 4.22, then it converts to voodoo, then the samsung screen keeps flashing every 10 seconds.

Also every time I flash the 4.22 file, it does weird things to my SD card. after the samsung screen flashing problem, i go into recovery, and i try to access the SD card and it says can not mount SD card, I can't delete data either because sd/adroid.secure or something doesn't exist. I almost had a heart attack but my PC recognizes the SD card fine, and flashing with ODIN fixes the SD card.

I even tried flashing odin 4.2, then rebooting twice, then flashing imo's 3.1 kernal, then mounting system, then installing 4.22, and that didn't work either.

I just don't know what is causing this anymore.

Last edited:

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
Last edited:

Atheron121

Aug 30, 2011
I did this about 3 times, i even re-downloaded 4.22 just in case it was a bad download. ive tried flashing odin 4.2, waiting for lagfix since it happens automatically, booting to the touch the android screen, rebooting to the touch the android screen, booting into recovery, then mounting system, then flashing, i get the samsung screen over and over again every 10 seconds. I also tried flashing odin 4.2, powering off, booting to recovery, mounting system, then flashing 4.22, then it converts to voodoo, then the samsung screen keeps flashing every 10 seconds.

Also every time I flash the 4.22 file, it does weird things to my SD card. after the samsung screen flashing problem, i go into recovery, and i try to access the SD card and it says can not mount SD card, I can't delete data either because sd/adroid.secure or something doesn't exist. I almost had a heart attack but my PC recognizes the SD card fine, and flashing with ODIN fixes the SD card.

I even tried flashing odin 4.2, then rebooting twice, then flashing imo's 3.1 kernal, then mounting system, then installing 4.22, and that didn't work either.

I just don't know what is causing this anymore.
you could try going to going to stock EP3HA ROM (http://goo.gl/FnbbU) first, then go to Humble 4.22.

I may not be correct in this, but shouldn't lagfix be disabled before flashing the 4.22? I think you need to flash, then enable lagfix to get the Ext4. Again, I could be wrong...

Also, after flashing 4.22, when you got the error reading SD, have you tried to reboot to see if the issue gets resolved?

DragoonBrethren

Oct 4, 2011
Chicago
... I just don't know what is causing this anymore.

I've lost you too. May I suggest just starting from scratch with a ROM that you know you won't have issues with? The biggest issue I see with how you have proceeded is voodoo.

First, where are you coming from? What ROM/kernel?
AND
Where are you at now? i.e. what ROM/kernel/etc.? Do you have anything up and running with no sd card issues?

Edit: It may have been just the lack of wiping data/cache/dalvik at the start of trying to get to 4.2... Just a quick thought before I run off to work.

Last edited:

ssmaster

Jan 22, 2011
I've lost you too. May I suggest just starting from scratch with a ROM that you know you won't have issues with? The biggest issue I see with how you have proceeded is voodoo.

First, where are you coming from? What ROM/kernel?
AND
Where are you at now? i.e. what ROM/kernel/etc.? Do you have anything up and running with no sd card issues?

Edit: It may have been just the lack of wiping data/cache/dalvik at the start of trying to get to 4.2... Just a quick thought before I run off to work.

I'm sorry forgot to mention I wipe cache and dalvik before EVERY flash.

Atheron121

Aug 30, 2011
Yes..deleted it...one last question..(I HOPE LOL)

is there a way to use the menu key to unlock the phone instead of using the slide bar???

When I was using Humble 2.2...I was able to press the menu key and it unlocked the phone instead of using the "slide bar"

Thanks again!
I don't believe that option is built into this ROM. Perhaps later on?

DragoonBrethren

Oct 4, 2011
Chicago
I don't believe that option is built into this ROM. Perhaps later on?

I believe you can do this through an app like WidgetLocker, its a paid app on the market. Lots of goodies with that app.

I'm sorry forgot to mention I wipe cache and dalvik before EVERY flash.

So where are you at now then? What Rom/kernel? Voodoo enabled/disabled? Sd card issues/no sd card issues?
I want to try and help you troubleshoot this.

Last edited:

ssmaster

Jan 22, 2011
I believe you can do this through an app like WidgetLocker, its a paid app on the market. Lots of goodies with that app.

So where are you at now then? What Rom/kernel? Voodoo enabled/disabled? Sd card issues/no sd card issues?
I want to try and help you troubleshoot this.

I came from the infinity rom beta ep3ha which has disappeared off of rootzwiki. I am now sitting at humble 4.2 with vodoo enabled and my SD card is working fine. I guess I am on the kernel that came with 4.2 I don't believe I have flashed to imo's 3.1 yet.

JHadley

Oct 17, 2011
Detroit
Regarding my earlier post about my corporate active sync not working...I've now tried going back to EP3 and then all the way back to stock Froyo and I still can't get it to work. Has anyone else with this problem been able to get theirs working again? I guess my next step is to call Verizon and maybe get another phone through warranty... :(

Gunnett

Oct 3, 2011
I flashed this directly from stock EP3 already running Imo's 3.1 and am having the same problem with my Corporate Active Sync. That is a must have for me. Can anyone confirm they are using it with no issues? Perhaps I had a bad download??? I LOVE everything else about this ROM, but may have to go back until it's resolved.

Mine was working flawlessly untill the outage last night. i then reflashed 4.22 and lost connection to activesync, downgraded to 4.2 and still wont connect.

Touchdown works great..

So do you think it has to do with the data outtage or the ROM? I would use Touchdown, but rely on Active Sync to load contacts and my work calendar...and really like the stock mail.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Noticed another sync issue. It will initially allow me to sync Tango and Facebook accounts, but erases them after a reboot. The only account left is the google account.

I'm assuming the issue is with the ROM. I ended up loading HUMBLECOMB 4.0 and I'm using the stock e-mail which is a bit different (2.2.2), it works fine. I think this ROM uses 2.3.5

gdubya34

Jul 14, 2011
Cool flashed humble 4.2, but I am having issues with my apps loading back from the android app store and from amazon app store. Online the app store shows all the apps I have but when I look on my phone there are only a few available for down load.

Also, I can not seem to download the humble 4.22 from the xda app so I can get the upgrade. When I click the download link, it says it is not cmpatable with my device.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Cool flashed humble 4.2, but I am having issues with my apps loading back from the android app store and from amazon app store. Online the app store shows all the apps I have but when I look on my phone there are only a few available for down load.

Also, I can not seem to download the humble 4.22 from the xda app so I can get the upgrade. When I click the download link, it says it is not cmpatable with my device.

Either use a computer to download and load it onto your SD card from there, or use something other than the stock browser. The Android stock browser blocks a lot of downloads.

userxx

Mar 23, 2011
I have experienced a reboot when using Tegrak Overclock.

Has anyone else had any ill effects from using the app? Just curious if it was a one-off or something one would need to worry about as a possible side-effect.

ROM is working great, thanks to the devs!

Yup, force closes and freezes with Tegrak Overclock. Try setting it at 1.2GHz anything higher was unstable for me.

hiney_555

Aug 25, 2010
I am a noob to the charge and to clockwork. I flashed this rom with odin, but I am not sure if I flashed the 4.22 package right. Do you just flash it from recovery? How do you "mount" the system file? Thanks a bunch for all the hard work.

DragoonBrethren

Oct 4, 2011
Chicago
I came from the infinity rom beta ep3ha which has disappeared off of rootzwiki. I am now sitting at humble 4.2 with vodoo enabled and my SD card is working fine. I guess I am on the kernel that came with 4.2 I don't believe I have flashed to imo's 3.1 yet.

Okay cool, I know you already tried this several times and it should have worked...

Throw the CWR HC4.22 file on your SD card. Boot into recovery.
Wipe cache and dalvik.
Go to mounts and storage and select mount /system.
Back out to main menu.
Select apply update from SD card and find your 4.22 file. Apply that file.
Back out to main menu and select reboot system now.
Let it boot up and then it reboot again.
Go to about phone, verify whether it worked or not.
If it worked go into Root Explorer and find / kernel version and verify imoseyon's kernel version. It should say 3.0.0.
If all this has worked you are good. You can then flash the 3.1.0 kernel and be on your happy way.

Let us know either way and describe in detail any issues you have if it doesn't work.

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using xda premium

soljafree

Aug 25, 2010
Joliet, IL
I flashed this yesterday and it wont update the marjet to the new one any ideas??

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Humble 5.0 RC2 release is 75% de pooped. I wanted to get this out so you guys don't have to put up with too much poop. I am continuously working to theme this rom. I know you will enjoy the progress already... Enjoy!!!

Official Humble Themes

CREDIT/THANKS:

Thanks to IMoyesON for the 4.0 EP4P kernel
    Thanks to Imnuts for the recovery
    Thanks to P3droid for the EP4P Leak
    Thanks to nitroglycerine33 for framework help
    Thanks to Mendozinas for the boot animations
    Thanks to ForeverSupra for the CRT animation :D
    Thanks to Ponack for providing the server space!!! :)

Known issues:

If you have trouble with the browser just wipe cache and reflash the humble cwr package and you will be fixed. No need to wipe data.

If the market gives you a "This app is not compatible with your device" error download Jrummy16's market fixer app and follow the direction once inside the app.

http://www.ponack.net/danalo/MarketFixer.apk

To remove RFS file system scanning and speed up your phone.... try Nitrality in the market!!!!

Humble 5.0 RC2 11-9-2011

-Switched to EP4P base
    -Added CRT animation (Thanks to ForeverSupra)
    -Added AOSP lockscreen
    -Moderate theme work
    -Added boot up animation binary
    -More themeing to come

Humble 4.5 11-4-2011

-Added CRT screen off (Thank to imnuts)
    -Remove init.d as new Kernel has that built in
    -Updated superuser
    -Updated Market
    -Updated boot animation
    -Updated shutdown animation
    -AOSP theme work done
    -Themed status bar
    -Themed drop down menu
    -Themed lockscreen slider
    -Removed carrier logo from lock screen

Humble 4.22 10-9-2011

-Added aosp lockscreen
    -Added init.d support
    -Added loopy smooth
    -Added ICS boot animation
    -Updated superuser
    -A little theme work

Humble 4.2 10-7-2011

-Debloated
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Preliminary themeing to de poop
    -Custom status bar icons
    -Boot animation
    -Shutdown animation
    -Updated superuser to 3.01
    -Updated busybox
    -Added Gingerbread Keyboard
    -Added spare parts
    -Added voodoo control app (free) for Ext4 support

CWR Install Instructions

-You must already be on EP4P to flash this
    -You must have imoseyon 4.0 kernel installed or it won't boot
    -You must wipe data/cache if coming from another EP4P rom
    -You cannot go from ep3h to ep4p with this cwr Pkg without flashing imoseyon 4.0
    -You must ensure that system is mounted before you flash this cwr Pkg. In cwr go to mounts and storage/ make sure system is mounted

Odin Install Instructions

Pre-Install:

*recommended to disable voodoo lagfix first
    *back up your data
    *Clear cache partition in CWR
    *Clear dalvik cache in CWR
    *unzip ODIN package

Install:

*Recommended to remove sim before flashing
    *Leave battery installed during installation (For safety during radio flash)
    *Flash Humble 5.0 Rc2 ODIN with ODIN v1.82
    *This will get you to EP4P 2.3.6 Gingerbread Humble from any setup

Post-Install:

*Reboot after first full boot
    *Do not use spare parts to speed up window animations because you will lose crt animation
    *Enable Voodoo lagfix using provided voodoo lagfix control app
    *If you get a force close or something isn't working right, factory reset/wipe cache and that should fix the issue
    *If something is acting incorrectly or not syncing, simply go to settings>applications>manage applications> go to problematic app and clear data and cach for that app and reboot... this should fix any weird issues if any.

Humble 5.0 RC2 ODIN

http://www.ponack.net/danalo/humble50rc2.tar.zip (UNZIP FIRST, THEN FLASH IN ODIN)

Humble 5.0 RC2 CWR

http://www.ponack.net/danalo/humble50_rc2.zip

Follow me on twitter @danalo1979

I don't expect anyone to donate as I do this for fun, but if you feel the need to buy me a round of beers here is my donate link:
    Here
    Update coming this weekend. Official GB coming within 2 weeks.... stay tuned

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Premium App
    SC20111108-200342.png
    SC20111108-201120.png
    SC20111108-200405.png

SC20111108-200419.png
    SC20111108-200533.png
    SC20111108-200458.png

11%252520-%2525201.jpg
    SC20111108-200507.png
    SC20111109-172233.png

SC20111109-175657.png
    SC20111109-180417.png
    This project has been abandoned. Mods please lock the thread.

Sent from DROID CHARGE 4G-LTE

Everyone... Take a good look at this comment from droid3r.... This guy is the exact reason why all devs are moving to rootzwiki... Entitled noobish snot that thinks that devs owe him an update....

Kiss my @ss! I'll update when I Damn well feel like it.... The good news is that some people still care, all devs except for imnuts and i have completely abandoned the charge and have moved to the bionic...

Its a really smart idea to piss off the few people left that really care about the charge. I will continue my work
    Humble 5.0 EP4P 2.3.6 RELEASE COMING SOON!!! I have the base, I'm just waiting on TBH to go public. STAY TUNED

By soon I mean several days after team blackhat releases the public rights