[ROM][ODIN] P500VPBMB3 Sprint 4.1.2 Firmware

Search This thread

chilejim

Oct 5, 2015
Finally able to unbrick my Sprint Tab2

Thanks to thaifani for the password. I had bought two Sprint Galaxy Tab2 10.1 Samsungs - my wife used hers for looking at Turkish soap operas ("The Sultan" in particular) and at one of the sites offering episodes her Tab2 got infected with malware that would play sounds if you tried to run anything) I could not get rid of via factory reset or any other means, and tried quite a bit although didn't have much experience with Android.

The KIES tar file in this thread's download (once I got the password), along with Odin 3.07 and Samsung USB 1.5.55 drivers (if memory serves) all running on Windows 7 on a Vaio laptop did the trick. I also
installed and ran adb.exe with option -l to recognize Tab2 and prove the USB drivers were doing their thing.

I had never used ODIN before so saw several Youtube videos on related stuff in order to feel confident it would work. ODIN with this KIES factory PDA worked flawlessly - the only issues as such were that I had to disconnect and reconnect the Tab2 USB a couple of times until Microsoft decided to load the driver, but once adb came back seeing the device ODIN had no problem recognizing it. I also had a little problem getting the power + VolDown and power + VolUp sequences to get me into ODIN, and later to get me into the android boot page that offered factory reset & wipe as was recommended in the instructions. Other than that, it ended up much easier & trouble free than I expected!

Again, many thanks to everyone especially thaifani for answering my plea of help that I made two years ago - I had given up hope and kudos for thaifani for answering even after so long a time - it saved my tablet and my wife will be happy (but I prohibited her from seeing Turkish soap operas on it!)

Thanks Again!! Android rules (although I am no great fan of Google in general)

connexion2005

Feb 27, 2009
Texas
www.mobiletechvideos.com
Thanks to thaifani for the password. I had bought two Sprint Galaxy Tab2 10.1 Samsungs - my wife used hers for looking at Turkish soap operas ("The Sultan" in particular) and at one of the sites offering episodes her Tab2 got infected with malware that would play sounds if you tried to run anything) I could not get rid of via factory reset or any other means, and tried quite a bit although didn't have much experience with Android.

The KIES tar file in this thread's download (once I got the password), along with Odin 3.07 and Samsung USB 1.5.55 drivers (if memory serves) all running on Windows 7 on a Vaio laptop did the trick. I also
installed and ran adb.exe with option -l to recognize Tab2 and prove the USB drivers were doing their thing.

I had never used ODIN before so saw several Youtube videos on related stuff in order to feel confident it would work. ODIN with this KIES factory PDA worked flawlessly - the only issues as such were that I had to disconnect and reconnect the Tab2 USB a couple of times until Microsoft decided to load the driver, but once adb came back seeing the device ODIN had no problem recognizing it. I also had a little problem getting the power + VolDown and power + VolUp sequences to get me into ODIN, and later to get me into the android boot page that offered factory reset & wipe as was recommended in the instructions. Other than that, it ended up much easier & trouble free than I expected!

Again, many thanks to everyone especially thaifani for answering my plea of help that I made two years ago - I had given up hope and kudos for thaifani for answering even after so long a time - it saved my tablet and my wife will be happy (but I prohibited her from seeing Turkish soap operas on it!)

Thanks Again!! Android rules (although I am no great fan of Google in general)
The password is in the OP. Just FYI. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chess123

Dec 14, 2019
Password on the archive is: mobile tech videos com
Website not working does anybody know the password?

iris3th

Jan 12, 2022
I'm also looking for any usable rom apart from stock. I have an sph-p500 which is technically the same as sgh-i497 but found no roms at all. any help appreciated. all rom links are broken. I know the device is pretty old but I don't want to shred it.

iris3th

Jan 12, 2022
@Android-Andi I saw your github repos, great job with resurrecting / keeping alive these old devices. Do you happen to have any roms for

Samsung SCH-I915 for Verizon
Samsung SGH-T779 for T-Mobile
Samsung SGH-I497 for AT&T
Samsung SPH-P500 for Sprint

these are the same device in terms of tech parameters. A friend of mine has 25 of them and I'd like to help him resurrecting them with a new(ish) android.

iris3th

Jan 12, 2022
These are the same devices, but totally different SoC than P5100 (snapdragon S4+ vs TiOMAP 4430) so that means your only hope is to build your own custom rom.
well, even with over 20 years of linux background not sure I can do that... simply have no experience. If you may have an usable howto for newbies, I'd appreciate. I read a few but none of those were detailed enough

barbe31

Jul 20, 2015
Toulouse
well, even with over 20 years of linux background not sure I can do that... simply have no experience. If you may have an usable howto for newbies, I'd appreciate. I read a few but none of those were detailed enough
Sorry, I'd like to help but I have no experience in rom building. You have to ask somebody else (and I would be interested to get the answer)

Reactions: iris3th

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P500VPBMB3 Sprint 4.1.2 Firmware

For some unusual reason there is little to no development for the SPH-P500 and absolutely ZERO official firmware available for the Sprint model. This means, if you soft brick the tablet trying to install something you should not have, you have no easy way of getting back to the stock firmware. In addition, getting to the 4.1.2 version of the firmware is a royal pain due to the massive amount of "PATCH CHECKS" and assert checks built in to the OTA update. This means any deodexed system or a number of other reasons will be rejected if you try the OTA update while on non-official or approved firmware. So, for your convenience, I have compiled a simple ODIN-Flashable TAR file which will jet you up to speed installing the latest official Sprint 4.1.2 firmware.

Details:
    P500VPBMB3 Stock w/ MB3 Modem

Package Includes: BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, MODEM AND CACHE ZONES

Download:
    P500VPBMB3 Sprint 4.1.2 Firmware
    Password on the archive is: www.mobiletechvideos.com

How To Flash:
    BACKUP YOUR FILES AND DATA BEFORE FLASHING...ALWAYS. First extract this file using WinRAR or a program capable of extracting a RAR package as the package inside it is the TAR file you need. This was done to save time on the download. Once extracted, using ODIN, select PDA and choose this file. Now place your tablet in DOWNLOAD MODE by having it powered off, then power on by holding POWER and VOLUME DOWN until you see the on-screen text come up. Release the buttons and press VOLUME UP to enter DOWNLOAD MODE. Now click START on ODIN. Once completed (takes around 10 minutes), it is advised to enter RECOVERY MODE and perform a FACTORY DATA RESET for the best bug free experience since I don't know what ROM you are flashing from.

Did this help you out? Great, I'm glad it did! Click that THANKS button next to my name if you have the time. Please note, if you find yourself in a hard/soft brick situation of any type on any advice, give me a shout via PM or email through the contact page on our site. We also offer repairs on a number of other issues.
    It´s a disease from all P31XX and P51XX useres don´t hitting the thanks button and don´t giveing feedback... maybe they don´t want any support.... (?)...
    i don´t have a P51XX - i can´t give other feddback then this... sorry....
    There are a lot of people here :D in a german forum there is mostly nobody :p ...
    i hope you get some feedback! if not: there is not problem ;) first things that will reported are problems ;)
    27 downloads and nothing? I'd love some feedback so others can be confident in the firmware.
    Haha it seems that way! Well thanks for your response. Nice to hear from somebody about this. For some reason the Tab 2 10.1 forum members seem to be dead but want development anyhow without any input!