[ROM][ODIN] Stock ODEXED T839UVKD1 (Sidekick 4G) Firmware [6/12/11]

Search This thread

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Devel
Jun 5, 2009
Hello Everyone, This is Now an Instructional Odin ROM to flash Back to Factory Stock and/or Recover your Broken System.

This is 100% STOCK Odexed T839UVKD1 firmware For the Sidekick 4G and needs to be flashed through Odin. Odin is attached below along with the Sidekick 4G pit.

How to Install/Flash.

Code:
0. Download the KD1OdinSTOCK.tar.md5 File (Find link Below)
1. Remove the .md5 tail
2. Open odin with phone not connected yet
3. Boot in to download mode using Trackpad+Vol down then power
4. Connect phone to pc
5. KD1OdinSTOCK.tar in pda slot, Use SK4G pit file from below in Pit Slot
6. Double check that only auto-reboot is checked (if it doesnt work the first time, click re-partition)
7. Click flash

First boot may take around 3-5 mins. Wait it out and then you should be good to go.

KD1OdinSTOCK.tar.md5 >> DOWNLOAD

UPDATE: FOOL PROOF WAY TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE
Try this, take the battery sim and sd card out of your phone.
Open odin, put the tar in pda and pit into pit.
Plug your phone into the usb.
Now bare with me, this part is a bit akward but you can do it.. hold the vol down key and trackball *with one hand* and put the battery in while holding them. You will be in download mode and Odin will detect your phone. Then flash

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

Thanks to Xda Members Datlilboricua and tweeklulz for testing these files for me.

Use the Thanks button if this was helpful ; post below if you have feedback/questions ect, Thank you and please enjoy!

Attachments

• Odin3+v1.61andsk4g.pit.rar
    167.7 KB · Views: 5,051
Last edited:

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
downloading now, i'll package them

thanks for pulling these man

edit: just got back from the bar and I work in 6 hours i'll upload it later

Last edited:

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
Is this still being packaged Blu? I could really use a working odin tar right now... accidentally soft bricked trying to use a recovery.tar to get rid of ClockworkMod and get back to a stock recovery.

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
Is this still being packaged Blu? I could really use a working odin tar right now... accidentally soft bricked trying to use a recovery.tar to get rid of ClockworkMod and get back to a stock recovery.

Just packed now sorry. You flashed the one from the restoring stock recovery thread? What was your method of flashing it? Does it boot up at all or stick at the samsung boot screen? (i packaged that one and am curious as I heard reports of it working)

Download link: still uploading
Pit file attached in case you need it (unrar it first)

I do not guarantee that this will work, all I did was tar the files and upload them (and edit the pit). I did not trim the datafs.rfs file due to lack of ability to test it. Flash AT YOUR OWN RISK! so If this fails you now own a fancy brick!

edit:Not posting the tar yet for privacy of ayoteddy and potentially his logins to websites. The data wasn't wiped and has all his info, waiting for a clean one.

Attachments

• sk4g.rar
    417 bytes · Views: 919
Last edited:

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
damn those files shouldnt contain any data since i had factory wiped just before pulling those images. *shrug* there might be a more in-depth way to clear all data

anyways im sure we can have a functional odin image with only the following files included

zImage
modem.bin
factoryfs.rfs
Recovery.bin
Param.lfs

i doubt anybody will be messing with anything else in their file sys but that should be able to recovery anybody from a soft brick.

Edit: Also dis-include the sbl and boot.bin as it could be very dangerous overwriting those files.. not really necessary anyhow.

Last edited:
Reactions: laberinto_6

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
I'm actually stuck at the black screen with a phone and a computer with a yellow triangle in the middle. Yeah, I was trying to flash a stock recovery from the stock recovery thread. Got a little desperate and tried to flash the recovery tarred for Odin, and that sent me to where I am now. I appreciate all your hard work guys, and have learned my lesson not to flash unless there's a lot of backups handy ;]
I'll try the pit, not sure if I may need more or not, you guys probably know better than me.

EDIT: as I am not skilled in using Odin and do not wish to cause further damage to my phone, I will await instructions from you guys/ayoteddy's image.

Last edited:
Reactions: blu9987

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
I'm actually stuck at the black screen with a phone and a computer with a yellow triangle in the middle. Yeah, I was trying to flash a stock recovery from the stock recovery thread. Got a little desperate and tried to flash the recovery tarred for Odin, and that sent me to where I am now. I appreciate all your hard work guys, and have learned my lesson not to flash unless there's a lot of backups handy ;]
I'll try the pit, not sure if I may need more or not, you guys probably know better than me.

EDIT: as I am not skilled in using Odin and do not wish to cause further damage to my phone, I will await instructions from you guys/ayoteddy's image.
What did you do while flashing it? What boxes did you tick? Where did you put the tar, etc

@ ayoteddy alright i'll just make one from those, only reason i was including cache before is I heard its where permissions were stored though as you said I'm sure those files work fine

Last edited:

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
Here it is:

Odin + pit: attached
sk4g_stock.tar.md5.rar: Click here

UNRAR the tar first (i didn't want to trim factoryfs.rfs due to unability to test so I compressed it instead)
Put the extracted sk4g.tar.md5 in the pda slot
make sure ONLY AUTO-REBOOT is checked (unless you are re-partitioning, then use re-partition and the pit file)

1. open odin with phone not connected yet
2. boot in to download mode using Trackpad+Vol down then power (thanks sduvick)
3. connect phone to pc
4. sk4g_stock.tar.md5 in pda slot
5. double check that only auto-reboot is checked (and the pda you selected of course)
6. Click flash

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk, if you get bricked I am not liable.
The odin tar includes
factoryfs.rfs
modem.bin
param.lfs
recovery.bin
zImage

Attachments

• Odin3+v1.61andsk4g.pit.rar
    167.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Thanks blu, @sduvick would prolly be the first to test cause he was waitng for this.. hope everything works out for em

He also figured out how to get into downlode mode ..
Trackpad+Vol down then power

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
I'm not entirely sure what I did. I think I put the recovery.tar.md5 in the wrong place. anyways, I'm back out of bricked, and now just waiting for a working stock restore tar to get back to stock.

EDIT: just saw the tar, downloading now, will test in around 10 min when the file is downloaded.

Last edited:

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
First try at flashing failed almost at the end, at recovery.bin if I'm not mistaken. I'm trying to run it again.
EDIT: Failed again, at recovery.bin

Last edited:
Reactions: blu9987

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
First try at flashing failed almost at the end, at recovery.bin if I'm not mistaken. I'm trying to run it again.
EDIT: Failed again, at recovery.bin

Got it working through pm with him.

attach the pit and re-partition. then flash the tar

sduvick wanna post the steps you used?

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
I can actually give steps based on what you have for symptoms (too much experimenting for me haha)
If you have the "soft brick," that is the small phone and computer icons, just connect to Odin and flash the full image.

Black screen, no logo.
1. Get into download mode by using VolDown+Touchpad+Power
2. flash full sk4g.tar.md5 as posted.

logo only
1. Download mode
2. Flash full package

Can't flash recovery/boot/sbl
1. Download mode
2. use PIT only, run with repartition checked
3. reboot/reDownload mode
4. run the full image in Odin.

Anything else
1. Download mode
2. Full tar.md5 flash in Odin
3. Ask if it doesn't work

The Pope of Dope

Oct 16, 2010
i can actually give steps based on what you have for symptoms (too much experimenting for me haha)
if you have the "soft brick," that is the small phone and computer icons, just connect to odin and flash the full image.

Black screen, no logo.
1. Get into download mode by using voldown+touchpad+power
2. Flash full sk4g.tar.md5 as posted.

Logo only
1. Download mode
2. Flash full package

can't flash recovery/boot/sbl
1. Download mode
2. Use pit only, run with repartition checked
3. Reboot/redownload mode
4. Run the full image in odin.

Anything else
1. Download mode
2. Full tar.md5 flash in odin

sticky this **** mothafuckas!!!

Reactions: LinuxAssailant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone, This is Now an Instructional Odin ROM to flash Back to Factory Stock and/or Recover your Broken System.

This is 100% STOCK Odexed T839UVKD1 firmware For the Sidekick 4G and needs to be flashed through Odin. Odin is attached below along with the Sidekick 4G pit.

How to Install/Flash.

Code:
    0. Download the KD1OdinSTOCK.tar.md5 File (Find link Below)
    1. Remove the .md5 tail
    2. Open odin with phone not connected yet
    3. Boot in to download mode using Trackpad+Vol down then power
    4. Connect phone to pc
    5. KD1OdinSTOCK.tar in pda slot, Use SK4G pit file from below in Pit Slot
    6. Double check that only auto-reboot is checked (if it doesnt work the first time, click re-partition)
    7. Click flash

First boot may take around 3-5 mins. Wait it out and then you should be good to go.

KD1OdinSTOCK.tar.md5 >> DOWNLOAD

UPDATE: FOOL PROOF WAY TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE
    Try this, take the battery sim and sd card out of your phone.
    Open odin, put the tar in pda and pit into pit.
    Plug your phone into the usb.
    Now bare with me, this part is a bit akward but you can do it.. hold the vol down key and trackball *with one hand* and put the battery in while holding them. You will be in download mode and Odin will detect your phone. Then flash

Thanks to Xda Members Datlilboricua and tweeklulz for testing these files for me.

Use the Thanks button if this was helpful ; post below if you have feedback/questions ect, Thank you and please enjoy!
    I can actually give steps based on what you have for symptoms (too much experimenting for me haha)
    If you have the "soft brick," that is the small phone and computer icons, just connect to Odin and flash the full image.

Black screen, no logo.
    1. Get into download mode by using VolDown+Touchpad+Power
    2. flash full sk4g.tar.md5 as posted.

logo only
    1. Download mode
    2. Flash full package

Can't flash recovery/boot/sbl
    1. Download mode
    2. use PIT only, run with repartition checked
    3. reboot/reDownload mode
    4. run the full image in Odin.

Anything else
    1. Download mode
    2. Full tar.md5 flash in Odin

Just packed now sorry. You flashed the one from the restoring stock recovery thread? What was your method of flashing it? Does it boot up at all or stick at the samsung boot screen? (i packaged that one and am curious as I heard reports of it working)

Download link: still uploading
    Pit file attached in case you need it (unrar it first)

I do not guarantee that this will work, all I did was tar the files and upload them (and edit the pit). I did not trim the datafs.rfs file due to lack of ability to test it. Flash AT YOUR OWN RISK! so If this fails you now own a fancy brick!

edit:Not posting the tar yet for privacy of ayoteddy and potentially his logins to websites. The data wasn't wiped and has all his info, waiting for a clean one.
    Here it is:

Odin + pit: attached
    sk4g_stock.tar.md5.rar: Click here

UNRAR the tar first (i didn't want to trim factoryfs.rfs due to unability to test so I compressed it instead)
    Put the extracted sk4g.tar.md5 in the pda slot
    make sure ONLY AUTO-REBOOT is checked (unless you are re-partitioning, then use re-partition and the pit file)

1. open odin with phone not connected yet
    2. boot in to download mode using Trackpad+Vol down then power (thanks sduvick)
    3. connect phone to pc
    4. sk4g_stock.tar.md5 in pda slot
    5. double check that only auto-reboot is checked (and the pda you selected of course)
    6. Click flash

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk, if you get bricked I am not liable.
    The odin tar includes
    factoryfs.rfs
    modem.bin
    param.lfs
    recovery.bin
    zImage
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode