• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0-11.0] crDroidAndroid 6.x-7.x [SANTONI][STABLE]

Search This thread

kuba888

Sep 26, 2021
1.Where can i find a sha256 or md5 checksum of CrDroid rom zip file ?
2.I know that install needs Wipe System, Vendor, Data, Dalvik, Cache,but i have a chinese version of redmi 4x 4gb/64g and i would like to also wipe internal storage (so can I expect any additional problems for this reason as problems with mount partition or any other ) now i'm on crdroid 7.4 santoni and twrp 3.5.2.9 ,and i would like to wipe as more it possible before flash the new one but without any extra issues

Last edited:

kuba888

Sep 26, 2021
Thanks.
1.And what about wipe internal storage,anybody wiped that? Now i flashed 7.10 with wipe system,dalvik,data,cashe,and vendor ,seems to be ok ,but i would like wiped internal storage also,.

2.How to add in crdroid left screen near home screen ,a can add on the right side but i can't add left ,or how to change default home screen?

3.I can't record video slow montion ,on any resolution even smallest ,is this worked on previous 7.9 google camara?

4.Where can I find the auto start option of the application during boot, in stock rom was under app / manage / autostart where is that option on crdroid?

Last edited:

nabi3003l2

Dec 10, 2020
France
Thank you all to go forward with this device, still usefull.
I did the last update on september but the rom seems to work smoothly but I got a issue with the firmware or baseband. I can't get a call in or out ; just a small sound and that's it.
I am in france. Should I have to flash another firmware or well ; questions !. Anyone can't help me pls guys. thanks to all.

xLoyd

Jan 9, 2021
There is not possible to delete stored fingerprints.
If I want to delete fingerpring I have to boot to recovery and manually delete file with fingerprints.

Reactions: jabieff

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
I want to report a minnor bug.
I activated a kill app feature and assigning it to double tap the home button.
Example there's a twitter link in a discord chat, if I tap that link it'll open the twitter app.
If I double tap the home button, discord app will show just for a moment and then it'll show the home screen.
Expected behavior: Killing an app will show the last opened app and show a toast notification like "App killed".
This behavior is working until around before the ROM replacing the camera app with GO Camera.

McJohn.br

Feb 26, 2017
now i'm on crdroid 7.4 santoni and twrp 3.5.2.9 ,and i would like to wipe as more it possible before flash the new one but without any extra issues
I use the red fox 10.
Here you have the option to delete everything, or partly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202322.png
    Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202322.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202240.png
    Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202240.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202143.png
    Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202143.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202118.png
    Screenshot_QuickPic_20211016-202118.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 42

MV_cz

Oct 22, 2021
Hello, I'm running crDroid 7.4 since april too. Superb ROM, I'm really happy with it. Only one thing, that bothers me for a long time, is that in-call volume is very high and volume buttons do nothing with it. All other volume settings are okay, but I'm not able to lower the in-call volume. It is actually so loud (and no, loudspeaker is turned off) that I can't have my phone next to my ear and even other people hear the person I'm talking to, which is a bit inconvenient.

Would updating to newer version resolve my problem? I've been reading release notes but they seem to change things there and back, so I'm afraid that I'll lose stabilty and speed of my phone that I'm so satisfied with.
What is the best way to upgrade ROM that will keep all my apps, files and settings? So I'd like to wipe as little as possible. I also use google cam (GCMod5) and I don't want to lose it.

dennon27

May 5, 2021
Hello, I'm running crDroid 7.4 since april too. Superb ROM, I'm really happy with it. Only one thing, that bothers me for a long time, is that in-call volume is very high and volume buttons do nothing with it. All other volume settings are okay, but I'm not able to lower the in-call volume. It is actually so loud (and no, loudspeaker is turned off) that I can't have my phone next to my ear and even other people hear the person I'm talking to, which is a bit inconvenient.

Would updating to newer version resolve my problem? I've been reading release notes but they seem to change things there and back, so I'm afraid that I'll lose stabilty and speed of my phone that I'm so satisfied with.
What is the best way to upgrade ROM that will keep all my apps, files and settings? So I'd like to wipe as little as possible. I also use google cam (GCMod5) and I don't want to lose it.
Usually upgrading ROM via "System->Updater" doesn't reset your custom settings nor remove your aps, but you are 7 versions behind current one so you may have to reassign your fingerprints or readjust other setting or two. I'm guessing you'll be fine but you should definitely do full backup before updating just to be safe. Regarding speed and stability or battery life; I don't see any significant difference between 7.4 and 7.11. If you find issues you can always roll back to 7.4 using backup you made before updating.

Last edited:
Reactions: eM-!3

MV_cz

Oct 22, 2021
Thanks for the answer, I took a risk and did a in-system update from 7.4 to 7.11 and it went absolutely fine. The phone downloaded the update, rebooted into recovery, applied the update, rebooted first time (this took a while), then again and all seems to work now. Only some icons disappeared - these were the included apps that were removed and added back (such as FM radio or music app) or completely replaced (gallery). GCmod is still working, that is fine. Now I have to find out, whether the update helped with in-call speaker volume or not.

Julien Faure

Jan 28, 2021
Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing WiFi connection issues with 7.x? I had no issue connecting to my work WiFi when I was on 6.x and now that I am on 7.11 I can't connect to anything but the Guest network.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the fact that there are now two separate fields for "Domain" and "Identity" but despite the fact I tried several combinations I'm stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards.

Julien Faure

Jan 28, 2021
Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing WiFi connection issues with 7.x? I had no issue connecting to my work WiFi when I was on 6.x and now that I am on 7.11 I can't connect to anything but the Guest network.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the fact that there are now two separate fields for "Domain" and "Identity" but despite the fact I tried several combinations I'm stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards.
Ok guys forget about my question... I was not aware of that. Thanks Google...

MV_cz

Oct 22, 2021
Thanks for the answer, I took a risk and did a in-system update from 7.4 to 7.11 and it went absolutely fine. The phone downloaded the update, rebooted into recovery, applied the update, rebooted first time (this took a while), then again and all seems to work now. Only some icons disappeared - these were the included apps that were removed and added back (such as FM radio or music app) or completely replaced (gallery). GCmod is still working, that is fine. Now I have to find out, whether the update helped with in-call speaker volume or not.
Well the in-call volume is now adjustable with the new version so it is fine. But I came to another problem, due to accessing application at work, I had to instal microsoft intune app. It installed from play store and then opted to encrypt storage, after encryption the phone started to boot, requested PIN and then it stucked on the animated logo no matter what (I even waited few hours) I did.
Finally I had to enter Fastboot, flash and boot to recovery (first TWRP then Orange Fox). From the Orange Fox I was able to access storage using my PIN code and transferred my files to PC. Erased the storage and did new install.
But my recovered data was corrupted, some photos weren't readable, some songs had clipping in them. After erasing storage and new install it is working fine again, so NAND is not a culprit, but I'm afraid to try installing Intune again.
So is it possible to install Intune with crDroid anyhow? Or will have to buy new phone? :(

kuba888

Sep 26, 2021
Still does not work record in slow montion even at the smallest resolution and there is no time-lapse video recording function. I know i can use external apps for time lapse, but they are with tons of ads, can you improve slowmontion and add time lapse. I often use these features at work.Or maybe this is a hardware problem and redmi 4x does not support slow montion?

Last edited:

netmasta10bt

Jun 19, 2010
FYI - I had encrypted 7.8 and flashed 7.11 -- updated before bed, let it try to boot all night. It just stayed at the animated logo when I woke up. This one didn't seem to like my encrypted phone. I had to wipe.

MV_cz

Oct 22, 2021
FYI - I had encrypted 7.8 and flashed 7.11 -- updated before bed, let it try to boot all night. It just stayed at the animated logo when I woke up. This one didn't seem to like my encrypted phone. I had to wipe.
Yeah, I took another Chance, did a full backup, tried to install Intune and encrypt, but brickes it again. Doesn't matter, I restored thé backup, si this time no data loss. But I had to order new phone (Redmi Note 10S), where the intune works okay, since it is encrypted by default.
So good bye my good old 4X. It's been a good phone for superb price for all 4 years and even greater with crdroid.
The new redmi note 10s is not that much faster with stock miui 12.5 than my old 4X with crdroid.

0lorenzo

Jan 28, 2016
Hello, does the rom run well on 2gb variant? At the moment i'm using HavocOS (android 10) and it seems very laggy compared to miui...
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd be interested in that info as well.

Also I don't understand why anyone would use this ROM if you can't use the fingerprint sensor. No one would use a non encrypted phone today anymore. And if you can't use the fingerprint sensor when the device is encrypted this ROM is 100% useless.
    Cry, cry, and more cry,
    No one force you to use encryption or this ROM. First learn to respect works, after write here. Don't forget to your using 4 year old device.
    If your can fix FPC fingerprint sensor issue on encryption, then help me to fix this issue.
    I am not facing this type of issues. maybe clean flash can help :)
    Also I recommend you to update your https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/santoni/ firmware to resolve this type of issues :cool:
    @LikeCustomRom : thank you for your response. I did a clean flash only since I unlocked the device 1st time and installed TWRP, flashed dm verity and then installed custom rom + nikigapps. Prior to unlocking bootloader, I had checked the phone was completely updated running build of 7.1.2.

What has got me surprised is the same issue sprung on Redmi 3S Prime on which I installed Wave OS based on Android 11. On the other hand, I flashed PPUI Android 11 on Moto G5 Plus and its running flawlessly without any wifi or other issues.

Do we need to check something on router settings side?
    Hello @jabieff, firstly thanks for your contribution with redmi 4x.
    I have a problem that when I install crdroid 7.12 with nikgapps full version. The google setup start after first login, but I cannot complete the step restoring data from google account, with contract, wifi password... (I choose it, wait and it roll back to the previous step). It still occurs with redmi 5a - rolex. If I skip that step, I can go to setting to do it again but it raise error stop working. Srr I forgot to screenshot but I remember this is data recover tool (or ..devtool). I don't know this error is from nikgapps or crdroid.
    I cannot install opengapps, it raise error code 70 with my 3/32gb redmi 4x.
    Thanks for support me.
    Update: I have changed new rom with the same nikgapps and restoring data works fine. I think it is from crdroid 7.12 in redmi 4x and redmi 5a too
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Download the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
    • Wipe System, Vendor, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot

Update installation:
    • Wipe System, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache or only Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

Download:
    ROM Sourceforge
    Changelog:
    crDroid 6: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/10.0/changelog_santoni.txt
    crDroid 7: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_santoni.txt

Known issues:
    - FPC fingerprint doesn't work on encrypted device

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Santoni Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    what is Orange fox ?
    Recovery (like TWRP)

i must flash it to use to rom?
    Recommended, if you see any issue use it.

which Gapps file i need to download?
    Its your choice, if your need minimal gapps use core (recommended)
    Which version i should download for android 11?
    7.x version based on Android 11. Use december 14 version nikgapps, newer versions have OTA issue.
    One disappointment: Android Auto installed from Nikgapss and it is impossible to exceed the "Display over other apps" settings, though it is enabled or not it could not be step over this point... any suggestion?

Et violá - HERE is the solution:

I made two change in my system, I don't know which was the solution or both needed:

Check all the other permissions that Android Auto might need. For me, the notification access permission was disabled for some reason, but Android Auto never took me to that setting until after I rebooted. There are instances where apps need some permissions toggled off then on again in order to work properly after an update. For instances, after updating LightFlow, the app gets me to toggle notification access off and on.
    source: https://android.stackexchange.com/q...eeps-asking-to-enable-drawing-over-other-apps

Yep - it was disabled in my system!!!

UPDATE: it is not enough alone! It needs flashing SafetyPatch v3!

Android Auto works when you do this steps:
    1. flash magisk
    2. flash SafetyPatch v3: https://magiskroot.net/md/SafetyPatch-v3.zip
    3. Activate MagiskHide Probs Config
    source: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1930

Well, I had already Magisk and enabled MagiskHide Probs Config! I disabled it, installed SafetyPatch v3 from Magisk and rebooted and enabled MagiskHide Probs Config.

After all I connected USB cable to my car and I could enable and stepped over the "Display over other apps" settings.
    I installed the 7.1 on Santoni, and I say that it is PERFECT rom, 1% discharge over the night, fast, correct!!!
    Congratulation for the maker!!!

A big problem is that "Mobile network" greyed out in the settings! I just could switch on the Mobile data by pull down menu, but I had to search the "SIM" word in the menu because the mobile data didn't work I had to rest APN and I worked hard with switching on and off and after all it works and I have internet mobile data connection however the Mobile network is greyed out yet... Any idea?

One disappointment: Android Auto installed from Nikgapss and it is impossible to exceed the "Display over other apps" settings, though it is enabled or not it could not be step over this point... any suggestion?