[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0-11.0] crDroidAndroid 6.x-7.x [SANTONI][STABLE]

Search This thread

beefmjr

Jan 31, 2014
so whats the proceedure like exactly?
My working upgrade installation:
  • Boot recovery (Orangefox)
  • Wipe System, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache.
  • Flash the ROM, NikGApps, Magisk (Optional).
  • Reboot
Or you can try this:
  • Boot recovery
  • Wipe Dalvik, Cache.
  • Flash the ROM, NikGApps, Magisk (Optional).
  • Reboot

Reactions: jabieff

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney
    Have followed the First Time Installation Instructions and just flashed 7.5 ROM, nothing else was flashed. Now I'm in a bootloop where it gets to the animation, displays CRDROID, and then reboots. Sometimes I get a message flashing up saying "System UI isn't responding" before it reboots.

Repeated with version 7.4 but with the same results.

Also tried formatting data before flashing ROM.

Any ideas appreciated.

TIA

EDIT: Using TWRP 3.5.2_9

EDIT2: Also tried using OrangeFox with the same results.

No ideas anyone?

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    What's the best way to update from 7.4 to 7.5?
    Follow OP instructions or use android system update?
    I've successfully updated to 7.5 via OrangeFox by Wiping System, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache then flashing the ROM and GApps. After the setup finished then I applied Magisk via boot.img.

Everything seems normal.
    I only found 2 issue.
    - Chrome v83 always forced close a moment it opened. I'm forced to update it to v89 and it fixed it.
    - Root Explorer app couldn't see internal storage. I think this has something to do with FUSE being enabled by default. Using another app called MiXplorer still works fine. I've reported the issue to the app developer.

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney
    Have followed the First Time Installation Instructions and just flashed 7.5 ROM, nothing else was flashed. Now I'm in a bootloop where it gets to the animation, displays CRDROID, and then reboots. Sometimes I get a message flashing up saying "System UI isn't responding" before it reboots.

Any ideas appreciated.

TIA

Here is the dmesg.log . Note all the avc:denied at the bottom. Hope this helps in finding the issue.

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney

Any ideas appreciated.

TIA

I would really appreciate some help on this as I have been trying for days to install this ROM. Have tried versions 7.5, 7.4, 7.3 and the latest Version 6 all with exactly the same result.

So if someone could point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

TIA

EDIT: This is the method I followed to install the ROM. It is from the OrangeFox Thread:

1) Backup your internal storage, applications, settings, SMS messages, call logs, etc Do NOT skip this step.
    2) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
    3) Select "Wipe", then tick Data, Dalvik/Art Cache, and Cache
    4) Swipe - this will restore the system to a known state, and will remove apps/settings that might be incompatible with the ROM that you wish to install (NOTE: if you are moving from MIUI to custom ROMs, or vice versa, you must format your data partition - "Menu->Manage Partitions", select "Data", click on "Format Data", and type "Yes"; this will format your data partition and will also wipe your internal storage).
    5) Reboot OrangeFox
    6) In the OrangeFox File Explorer, select the ROM that you want to flash
    8) Swipe to flash the ROM
    9) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else - so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
    10) Boot up the ROM (so that it can complete whatever it first needs to do) - you might need to wait for a long time while the new ROM sets itself up (note that, for some ROMs, flashing magisk might first be required before booting up the ROM for the first time)
    11) Reboot to OrangeFox recovery
    12) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
    13) Reboot your device
    14) Enjoy

Last edited:

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    I would really appreciate some help on this as I have been trying for days to install this ROM. Have tried versions 7.5, 7.4, 7.3 and the latest Version 6 all with exactly the same result.

So if someone could point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

TIA

EDIT: This is the method I followed to install the ROM. It is from the OrangeFox Thread:

1) Backup your internal storage, applications, settings, SMS messages, call logs, etc Do NOT skip this step.
    2) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
    3) Select "Wipe", then tick Data, Dalvik/Art Cache, and Cache
    4) Swipe - this will restore the system to a known state, and will remove apps/settings that might be incompatible with the ROM that you wish to install (NOTE: if you are moving from MIUI to custom ROMs, or vice versa, you must format your data partition - "Menu->Manage Partitions", select "Data", click on "Format Data", and type "Yes"; this will format your data partition and will also wipe your internal storage).
    5) Reboot OrangeFox
    6) In the OrangeFox File Explorer, select the ROM that you want to flash
    8) Swipe to flash the ROM
    9) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else - so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
    10) Boot up the ROM (so that it can complete whatever it first needs to do) - you might need to wait for a long time while the new ROM sets itself up (note that, for some ROMs, flashing magisk might first be required before booting up the ROM for the first time)
    11) Reboot to OrangeFox recovery
    12) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
    13) Reboot your device
    14) Enjoy
    If you want a fresh install without any data, here's my method flashing the ROM (I fresh install with version 7.4 a month ago)
    1. Use OrangeFox
    2. Wipe System, Data, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache
    3. Flash the ROM and GApps
    4. Reboot system
    5. After all finished, apply Magisk to boot.img from ROM.zip and then flash it via fastboot

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney
    If you want a fresh install without any data, here's my method flashing the ROM (I fresh install with version 7.4 a month ago)
    1. Use OrangeFox
    2. Wipe System, Data, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache
    3. Flash the ROM and GApps
    4. Reboot system
    5. After all finished, apply Magisk to boot.img from ROM.zip and then flash it via fastboot
    I did that but cannot get pass step 4 as it never boots into the UI. Just reboots when the UI is about to appear.

I don't know if this is normal but the first boot after the flash the animated logo appears for about 20 secs and it then reboots, you don't get the CRDROID message at the bottom of the logo until it reboots for the second time, then it starts to go into the UI and reboots again. This then just repeats forever.

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    I did that but cannot get pass step 4 as it never boots into the UI. Just reboots when the UI is about to appear.

I don't know if this is normal but the first boot after the flash the animated logo appears for about 20 secs and it then reboots, you don't get the CRDROID message at the bottom of the logo until it reboots for the second time, then it starts to go into the UI and reboots again. This then just repeats forever.
    That's not normal.
    Are you able to see the content of Internal Storage in OrangeFox?

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney
    Do you know which version your baseband?
    Flash this and then try flash the ROM again.
    That's the same version that I'm using. This is all very strange and should be very straight forward as this is not my first custom ROM. Previous was Official Lineage OS 16 and I'm looking for a replacement as there is no more development on that version of ROM.

Your efforts are appreciated.

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    That's the same version that I'm using. This is all very strange and should be very straight forward as this is not my first custom ROM. Previous was Official Lineage OS 16 and I'm looking for a replacement as there is no more development on that version of ROM.

Your efforts are appreciated.
    I'm not sure anymore then.
    The last thing I can suggest is try go back to latest stable MIUI, maybe it'll reset something to normal.

ghines

• Oct 20, 2009
    Sydney
    I'm not sure anymore then.
    The last thing I can suggest is try go back to latest stable MIUI, maybe it'll reset something to normal.
    The only thing I can think of is I had Magisk installed with the previous ROM and I did not uninstall it before flashing this ROM. Maybe that screwed up something.

Thanks anyhow.

BTW - Out of interest how long should it take the first boot after installing this ROM?

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    The only thing I can think of is I had Magisk installed with the previous ROM and I did not uninstall it before flashing this ROM. Maybe that screwed up something.

Thanks anyhow.

BTW - Out of interest how long should it take the first boot after installing this ROM?
    Mine is under 3 minutes and then it'll reboot once more then you'll able to setup it.

papewas

Apr 29, 2011
    Every Alarm-App my wife tries, when the headset is plugged in, the alarm-sound only comes out of the headset and not through the speaker. She falls asleep with the headset in her ears, but it falls out during the night. She missed a few times to get up in time.

Is this a normal feature of this ROM?

Slasar41

Jan 19, 2016
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X
    Why v7.5 seems like always run out of memory?
    I'm using Chrome with a few tabs open, when I switch to other tabs the page always reload. When going to home screen the launcher come out slowly as if its have been forced close.
    This isn't happening with v7.4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ROM runs very smooth, thanks for the work on such an old and cheap device.
      I will use it as long as I can as I'm not really interested on buying nowadays huge phones.
      stopped using ROM's because bugs, bootlops and specially, battery drain. after a few years with stock i decided to try crDroid and it's the best ROM for the redmi 4x i tried ever!.

it was easy to install and i didn't have any issue (yet) with the use i give to the phone. the best is the battery life, it's last the same as stock.

thank you for bringing the life back to my old phone 😁
      BE3pE0l.png

Code:
      *** Disclaimer
      I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
      You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
      https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
      • Download the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
      • Wipe System, Vendor, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
      • Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
      • Reboot

Update installation:
      • Wipe System, Vendor, Dalvik, Cache or only Dalvik, Cache.
      • Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
      • Reboot

Sources:
      ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
      Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

Download:
      ROM Sourceforge
      Changelog:
      crDroid 6: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/10.0/changelog_santoni.txt
      crDroid 7: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_santoni.txt

Known issues:
      - If your find, tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
      crDroid Santoni Telegram
      crDroid Community Telegram
      Donate to help our team pay server costs
      what is Orange fox ?
      Recovery (like TWRP)

i must flash it to use to rom?
      Recommended, if you see any issue use it.

which Gapps file i need to download?
      Its your choice, if your need minimal gapps use core (recommended)
      Which version i should download for android 11?
      7.x version based on Android 11. Use december 14 version nikgapps, newer versions have OTA issue.
      I installed the 7.1 on Santoni, and I say that it is PERFECT rom, 1% discharge over the night, fast, correct!!!
      Congratulation for the maker!!!

A big problem is that "Mobile network" greyed out in the settings! I just could switch on the Mobile data by pull down menu, but I had to search the "SIM" word in the menu because the mobile data didn't work I had to rest APN and I worked hard with switching on and off and after all it works and I have internet mobile data connection however the Mobile network is greyed out yet... Any idea?

One disappointment: Android Auto installed from Nikgapss and it is impossible to exceed the "Display over other apps" settings, though it is enabled or not it could not be step over this point... any suggestion?
      One disappointment: Android Auto installed from Nikgapss and it is impossible to exceed the "Display over other apps" settings, though it is enabled or not it could not be step over this point... any suggestion?

Et violá - HERE is the solution:

I made two change in my system, I don't know which was the solution or both needed:

Check all the other permissions that Android Auto might need. For me, the notification access permission was disabled for some reason, but Android Auto never took me to that setting until after I rebooted. There are instances where apps need some permissions toggled off then on again in order to work properly after an update. For instances, after updating LightFlow, the app gets me to toggle notification access off and on.
      source: https://android.stackexchange.com/q...eeps-asking-to-enable-drawing-over-other-apps

Yep - it was disabled in my system!!!

UPDATE: it is not enough alone! It needs flashing SafetyPatch v3!

Android Auto works when you do this steps:
      1. flash magisk
      2. flash SafetyPatch v3: https://magiskroot.net/md/SafetyPatch-v3.zip
      3. Activate MagiskHide Probs Config
      source: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1930

Well, I had already Magisk and enabled MagiskHide Probs Config! I disabled it, installed SafetyPatch v3 from Magisk and rebooted and enabled MagiskHide Probs Config.

After all I connected USB cable to my car and I could enable and stepped over the "Display over other apps" settings.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone