[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/11/22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lokesh ganesh

Sep 23, 2017
Tirupati
If a new update comes to pixel experience rom and I am running no gravity custom kernel on my poco f1 then I have some questions-
1.Will it be able to updated to the latest version without data loss?
2. Will my phone be stuck on a bootloop?
3. Will my kernel be reverted back to stock kernel and magisk will be disabled?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Stock kernel will be installed

Rosyuser

Jul 19, 2019
problems with ludspeakers

i flashed pixel expirience 10 on poco f1 ,loudspeaker works fine with system but does not work in 3rd party apps
pls find a solution

M00nsta

Feb 2, 2019
Flash the 11.0.5.0.PEJMIXM firmware. Please search next time. Android 10 firmware is not ready for this rom. It will be when the developer update Android 10 blobs into rom. Till than, use the Android 9 firmware and you won't face any music videos sound issue.

In case this question got asked before I am sorry in advance, but I didnt find anything related yet.

I updated from Pixel Experience 9 to 10 yesterday. Had the issue regarding laggin videos (youtube ect.) and so I did set up my device from scratch again to fix it.

I have no GCam installed by default. IT isnt included in the PE ROM at this time?
My Current default camera just reads "Camera V2.0.002" and is a pain in the *** to use.

Do I have to flash the GCam myself or did I mess up at some point?

My flashing order: [Device set up from scrach]

-DFE_Treble_v17.3
-Magisk_v20.3
-fw_beryllium_miui_POCOF1Global_V11.0.4.0.QEJMIXM_74f88e6c8f_10.0 [<-Just realised this is not the stated "11.0.5.0.PEJMIXM Firmware", in case this is the mistake, where can I find the correct one?]
-PixelExperience_beryllium-10.0-20200120-1825-OFFICIAL

All with reboot to recovery in between.

Thanks in advance!

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
In case this question got asked before I am sorry in advance, but I didnt find anything related yet.

I updated from Pixel Experience 9 to 10 yesterday. Had the issue regarding laggin videos (youtube ect.) and so I did set up my device from scratch again to fix it.

I have no GCam installed by default. IT isnt included in the PE ROM at this time?
My Current default camera just reads "Camera V2.0.002" and is a pain in the *** to use.

-DFE_Treble_v17.3
-Magisk_v20.3
-fw_beryllium_miui_POCOF1Global_V11.0.4.0.QEJMIXM_74f88e6c8f_10.0 [<-Just realised this is not the stated "11.0.5.0.PEJMIXM Firmware", in case this is the mistake, where can I find the correct one?]

Thanks in advance!
You shouldn't flash magisk until after the first reboot of the system.
You also need to use a non magisk dfe if you're not already.
And dfe should only be flashed after the vendor which is included in the ROM these days.
No need to reboot between flashing things.

Reactions: M00nsta

M00nsta

Feb 2, 2019
You shouldn't flash magisk until after the first reboot of the system.
You also need to use a non magisk dfe if you're not already.
And dfe should only be flashed after the vendor which is included in the ROM these days.
No need to reboot between flashing things.

Thank you very much.

With that said I will setup my device from scratch again. I want everything to be done correct and a working GCam.

Would you mind checking my steps and correct me if I am wrong?

Factory reset:
- Boot TWRP
- Flash V11.0.5.0.PEJMIXM (for Firmware)
- reboot to recovery (might not be needed?)
- Flash PE ROM
- Flash DFE
- Reboot to System
- Back to TWRP
- Flash Magisk

Am I proceeding correct up to this point?
Will there be a working GCAM included or do I have to install it on my own.

In case I have to flash in on my own:
Is this a good choice? -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/themes/port-modded-google-camera-hdr-night-t3910336
Do I need to anything else besides installing the apk once my device is set up ?

Sorry for these beginner level questions. Thanks in advance

Reactions: GopalKaul

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia

-DFE_Treble_v17.3
-Magisk_v20.3

Thanks in advance!

You've to download 11.0.5.0 firmware and not 11.0.4.0 (Android Q which will cause lags in media/YouTube/Spotify etc) download firmware from here:

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com

Gcam is not included now so that users can choose whichever gcam version they want. The best for this rom right now is version F1MinimalMod.apk (san1ty, 2020-02-05)

Download from here:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-san1ty/#apk1402

You're using old Magisk version. Use the one I've attached as it includes DFE too. No need to flash separately.

My flashing procedure is:

Flash firmware (11.0.5.0)
Flash rom
Flash DFE+Magisk ( attached, some say flash after reboot but I'm lazy and flash with rom, never faced any issue, you only need DFE when you change vendor but no harm in flashing it together with Magisk)
Reboot
Profit!

Install gcam separately. You can install whatever version you like. I personally use the version mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DisableForceEncryption_Treble_v20.3.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

M00nsta

Feb 2, 2019
You've to download 11.0.5.0 firmware and not 11.0.4.0 (Android Q which will cause lags in media/YouTube/Spotify etc) download firmware from here:

Gcam is not included now so that users can choose whichever gcam version they want. The best for this rom right now is version F1MinimalMod.apk (san1ty, 2020-02-05)

Download from here:

You're using old Magisk version. Use the one I've attached as it includes DFE too. No need to flash separately.

Flash rom
Flash DFE+Magisk ( attached)
Reboot
Profit!

Install gcam separately. You can install whatever version you like. I personally use the version mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!
Glad you took the time to gather this information for inexperienced custom Rom fans like me.

Worked out just fine! :)

Last edited:

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC

-DFE_Treble_v17.3
-Magisk_v20.3

Thanks in advance!

Indeed Silva removed GCam due filming with it not working properly with the hacks with blobs to make camera working on Q. It'll be back again as now Q blobs from Xiaomi are here.

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs

puiocku

Jan 2, 2013
Valencia
Needed to wipe after install

Download from here:

Flash rom
Flash DFE+Magisk ( attached, some say flash after reboot but I'm lazy and flash with rom, never faced any issue, you only need DFE when you change vendor but no harm in flashing it together with Magisk)
Reboot
Profit!

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the guide. In my case I did all those steps but after first reboot various errors were flashing on the home screen. Rebooting to recovery and wippping solved the problem, no everything works fine (btw recovery is TRWP TWRP-3.3.0-0-Fixed-v3 founded here on the XDA Poco forum and works flawuless).
Cheers

Reactions: [email protected]

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia
Hi, thanks for the guide. In my case I did all those steps but after first reboot various errors were flashing on the home screen. Rebooting to recovery and wippping solved the problem, no everything works fine (btw recovery is TRWP TWRP-3.3.0-0-Fixed-v3 founded here on the XDA Poco forum and works flawuless).
Cheers

Well if you're coming from a different rom, offcourse you need to wipe. That's just basic stuff. Glad it worked out well for you. :good:

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Thank you very much!
Glad you took the time to gather this information for inexperienced custom Rom fans like me.

Worked out just fine! :)

You're welcome. We all XDA members are here to help and many of us too also started as inexperience in flashing roms. Enjoy Pixel Experience rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone