• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/11/22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
You need to format data, wipe and formating are two different things, so what you going to do is: Enter twrp, go to format, it will ask u to type "yes", type "yes" and swipe to confirm, it won't ask you for password anymore, be careful tho, this will format your data and you will lose everything, backup first.
Yes if he format data and still having password, maybe recovery buggy. Try different version of twrp

PetritH

Mar 3, 2011
Somewhere
New recovery please..

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Done same, flashed the ROM, boots successfully, then again I went to twrp... again it is asking for password.
Weird, never happened to me.

Flash latest MIUI using miflash it will replace the twrp recovery, then install twrp recovery via adb.

Reactions: madhpharma

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
Can anyone help me regarding twrp, tried format data, factory reset, wipe all, everything, but boots in to twrp , asking for password... please suggest me a twrp which don't ask for password.
If it's asking for password then presumably you're encrypted.
If you don't want that then flash dfe after flashing vendor or a ROM that bundles vendor.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Maybe encripted and no rom installed.
- try to install new recovery via fastboot
- reboot to new recovery then format data
- flash a vendor firmware
- flash dfe ( disable encription )
- flash custom rom
- reboot
Instructions are wrong for ROMs that bundle vendor.
In that case dfe must be flashed after ROM if you don't want encryption.
And for ROMs with built-in vendor no need to flash vendor/firmware - just firmware.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

New recovery please..
Huh? You don't need a "new" recovery... :eek:

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Done same, flashed the ROM, boots successfully, then again I went to twrp... again it is asking for password.
Yeah because the built-in vendor encrypted.
How many times do you need to be told the same thing... :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: madhpharma

ron_hyatt

Apr 2, 2012
i cant find non-magisk dfe zip, twrp is asking for password to decrypt.i have to press cancel to use twrp and i keep getting unable to mount...etc when i flash the dfe i have.

another question,is there an option to switch off one of the sim cards in this rom?

Last edited:

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
If you don't want that then flash dfe after flashing vendor or a ROM that bundles vendor.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

And for ROMs with built-in vendor no need to flash vendor/firmware - just firmware.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

If its built in vendor then should flash dfe last.

Reactions: bitye

Frazzy

Jun 2, 2009
Luyksgestel
I am really confused.. there are almost half a dozen post on xda forum about touch panel and screen bleeding don't know what to do.. and yes i know about how custom support is important I am from moto g5 plus forum and moto phones are really favourite among developers actually enjoying every bit of it.. developers are working very hard to keep our moto g5 plus upto date even after 3 years and me too I always otp for a device by looking its custom development support that's why i was choosing poco and Xiaomi phones instead of realme even asus have good custom support..

I would order one and look for screen bleeding. If it doesn't have it than use it for a few days. If it doesn't have ghost touches than all is fine. Otherwise return it.

I think it the earlier phones had issues. The rest seems fine?

Terrails

Sep 28, 2017
Any way to enable battery percentage? I usually have it in my status bar but replacing the estimated time with the percentage would work too. I've tried disabling device health services but it didn't do anything.

bitye

Nov 8, 2010
Várpalota
New recovery please..

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Formát data when you flash the ROM

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

No bugs for me. MagiskHide and apps like AdAway and Battery Limiter work.
Any Viper4android boot loop
ANXCamera installable but not supported still / FC
Quickswitch 2.0.9 not works (init.d script issue)

Others are ok for me too

Terrails

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not sure if these are bugs but here they are:
1. When I download something the files don't show up in the Downloads folder in the Files app. I can see them only when I choose "Documents" on top, but that shows a bunch of other files too.
2. When I'm in the Discord app and try to upload a picture nothing shows up even though it has storage permissions, not sure if this one is discord's bugs with android 10 or if it's the ROMs

AssyDrift

Jan 16, 2019

Which DisableForceEncryption version should I flash?

Thanks

Edit: I am installing DFE_v19.3 and then latest canary magisk (19.5) but it shows the black message "Encryption unsuccessful"...

If I only install DFE_v19.3, that start bootloop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts