• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/11/22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Pixel Experience + Oct build + ngk2.0 here

Getting random screen freezes. And app crashes. Happening on Optimus drunk as well. Please look into this if possible dev.
I'm using Odk 10.37 since oct update and I never faced even a single app crash or random reboot.
Might be you have flashed odk over NGK. Make sure you followed the right process of flashing kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121-002216624.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121-002216624.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 953
  • Screenshot_20201121-002228007.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121-002228007.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 959

lakshay18

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2018
New Delhi
November Update

November Update out!

Changelog as below:

Rom/device Side:
Code:
- November security patch
- Removed default Gcam and added Snap cam
- Updated translations

- SilverCore V6.9:
Code:
- Upstream to latest linux tag v4.9.239
- Updated simple LMK
- Miscellaneous fixes & changes (Check full changelog on SilverCore Thread)

Note: You would get encrypted if you aren't already, so you should flash dfe after OTA or manual install.
Support Group: https://t.me/PixleExperiencePOCO

Hit thanks if it helped,
kthxbye,
Lakshay

Attachments

• Pixel.jpg
    Pixel.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,128

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Now a days Google photos will be the main topic. Users wants to take advantage of using custom Roms. So they don't want to lose the feature of getting unlimited storage. So before the users will switch to the other Roms which are using pixel ports and enjoying unlimited high quality Google photos storage, do something to retain them.
I respect the work you are doing and You don't owe me anything. No offense just an opinion, from few updates instead of adding new features, PE is focusing on removing it's features like Color Profiles earlier and Now the Gcam.

Last edited:

Vesh1984

Nov 22, 2020
I can download the update but can't install it (nothing happens if I click on INSTALL).
So I manually downloaded it and stored in DOWNLOAD folder, than tried to installa from TWRP RECOVERY but i get this error:

UPDATER PROCESS ENDED WITH ERROR 7

how can I proceed?
If I have to wipe something, I would avoid to lose data if possible so what are the WIPE options which won't delete my data?

stefaca

Dec 21, 2011
Belgrade
I can download the update but can't install it (nothing happens if I click on INSTALL).

So I manually downloaded it and stored in DOWNLOAD folder, than tried to installa from TWRP RECOVERY but i get this error:

how can I proceed?

If I have to wipe something, I would avoid to lose data if possible so what are the WIPE options which won't delete my data?
I deleted and just trigger download manually. Had same issue :)

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Why did the Gcam was removed in the latest update and how to get it back?
I have no idea why but this camera app can't focus at all :(
Gcam removed so you can be able to install more easily the gcam port of your choice. Check my collection thread for recommended ports.
I personally use MGC_7.4.104_Parrot043_v5 with F1v9.6_6.2.030 from san1ty as alternative.

how can I proceed?
I deleted and just trigger download manually. Had same issue :)
I've updated mine via OTA just fine with Official TWRP Recovery 3.4.0-1. Install this recovery and check (if you are not already using it).

Last edited:

Vesh1984

Nov 22, 2020
Gcam removed so you can be able to install more easily the gcam port of your choice. Check my collection thread for recommended ports.
I personally use MGC_7.4.104_Parrot043_v5 with F1v9.6_6.2.030 from san1ty as alternative.

I've updated mine via OTA just fine with Official TWRP Recovery 3.4.0-1. Install this recovery and check (if you are not already using it).

thanks man!
How can I install new version? Actually it has been so much time since I installed TWRP the first time and I don't remember how to operate. Now I am running 3.3.0-0 version
Thanks.

Last edited:

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Gcam removed so you can be able to install more easily the gcam port of your choice.
This reason is not justified in Closing builds of Android 10. We have been using PE 10 builds throughout the year and I believe everyone knows how to uninstall the Pre-installed Gcam and install the new One. Anyhow we need to follow the same procedure. Now Uninstall Snap cam and install the Gcam apk.
By removing gcam, task is not simplified at all. Nobody prefer to keep snap cam in the app drawer which has No use.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
thanks man!
How can I install new version? Actually it have been so much time since I installed TWRP the first time and I don't remember how to operate. Now I am running 3.3.0-0 version
Thanks.

You can check my Guides. Go to Guide "INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY" and take a look at "Recovery Method (Custom Recovery already installed)". :fingers-crossed:

Vesh1984

Nov 22, 2020
You can check my Guides. Go to Guide "INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY" and take a look at "Recovery Method (Custom Recovery already installed)". :fingers-crossed:
done!
Thanks it was really easy.
problem solved with TWRP version 3.4.0-1 as per your suggestion, I just had to delete old download and download the update by OTA and than installed successfully.
Just to help other people to update TWRP to version 3.4.0-1:
download the .img file here
then reboot and enter TWRP
select INSTALL, then INSTALL IMAGE (lower right corner), then select the .img file you downloaded before and finally select RECOVEY BOOT to overwrite on.
Swipe and that's all, next reboot you'll have TWRP 3.4.0-1 installed.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
This reason is not justified in Closing builds of Android 10. We have been using PE 10 builds throughout the year and I believe everyone knows how to uninstall the Pre-installed Gcam and install the new One. Anyhow we need to follow the same procedure. Now Uninstall Snap cam and install the Gcam apk.
By removing gcam, task is not simplified at all. Nobody prefer to keep snap cam in the app drawer which has No use.
If you want to remove Snap Camera, just flash the Lineage-SnapCam-Uninstaller in recovery.

or manually:
Credits to PE POCO F1 Telegram Team

Last edited:
Reactions: chandika94

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly

Hi,
too bad they removed the embedded Gcam inside the ROM, it was one of the 2 reasons why I chose this ROM. I experienced that embedded cameras works much better that the ones you install manually about system integration.

Now I am trying to understand,
Does the ROM come with a different embedded camera, (snap camera)?

If yes, why everyone asks to replace it with Gcamera?
And if I do, can I flash the new camera from your 2 links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts