[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][CHIRON] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/14]

Search This thread

Mark376

Mar 3, 2013

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi MIX 2 [chiron]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
Mark376, NeoArian
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-03-14
Last Updated 2020-09-14

Last edited:

Antonio.90

Jul 20, 2018
I moved on PE ,great rom ,quickly and stable, i have mic problem on assistant and vocal message on WhatsApp.

Another problem with gcam, none shot a Pic,only record a video.

seba1x111

Nov 11, 2010
This OS have OTA update, flashlight on/off on power button, doubletap on lockscreen to screen off?

Wysłane z mojego Mi MIX 2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi MIX 2 [chiron]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    Mark376, NeoArian
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-03-14
    Last Updated 2020-09-14
    Hello guys, sorry for the lack of update this month, got busy with everything starting to go back to normal and thus work piling up on my end.
    But a new build is coming, once I tested it and everything went fine, I'll publish it as soon as I can.

For those who have mobile network issue, fix is coming in the next build. Also for those who have magisk issue.
    And of course, PE+ too.
    Henlo, I'm back with the monthly, not so punctual response on XDA and here for a new build:
    ** WARNING custom kernel user! Please flash this corresponding zip before switching your kernel! **
    ** https://bit.ly/35XY6HD **
    ** And reflash the rom if you want to go back to stock kernel! **

Device Specific Changes:
    - Rebased the kernel to LA.UM.8.4.r1-05400-8x98.0 and upstreamed to Linux 4.4.223.
    - Implemented Clang CFI for Forward-Edge Control-Flow Integrity.
    - Implemented Clang Shadow Call Stack for Backward-Edge Control-Flow Integrity.
    - As a requirement for both CFI and SCS, LTO is enabled on the kernel.
    - Privileged Access Never (PAN) is now enabled with fixes for improper driver with this on.
    - Clang toolchain is updated to LLVM 11.0.1 and the kernel is compiled with -O3 that enables callsite-splitting and argpromotion.
    - System and Vendor properties are now isolated and are enforced with SELinux.
    - Thermal daemon is now enabled, replacing the kernel approach and provide more granular control.
    - Fully switch to Carrier Setting by dropping QTI telephony injection.
    - zRAM is now set to 50% of total ram as per CAF recommendation.
    ---- Note: The reason we have custom kernel adapter is because of the changes inside thermal daemon to accommodate low quality code that Qualcomm wrote, which broke CFI and SCS. If you don't flash this, thermal management will stop working and can potentially fry your SOCs, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Core Changes:
    - May security patches.
    - CAF SurfaceFlinger.
    ---- The following bugs have been fixed:
    ---- Screen recorder has a lot of frame-drop and stutter.

Known issues:
    - Thermal management will stop working if using custom kernel, flash the provided custom kernel adapter (https://bit.ly/35XY6HD) for fixes.

We've implemented a lot of security mitigation in this release, and you maybe wonder if this has significant performance penalty but fear not, it's 1% to 2% at most and in some cases. it even improve the performance because of better optimization through LTO and O3.
    And I do want to stress out that if you guys use custom kernel, please flash the aforementioned zip and then flash the kernel, if you decide to go back to stock kernel, flash the whole rom!

For magisk issues and reboot because of magisk and/or similar modifications, we don't support and will not provide any help or workaround regarding this issue. Though I heard Magisk canary is working on our ROM. If you had bootloop with it, go pester Magisk dev and not us.

For those who have mic issues: so far we haven't been able to reproduce this issue so it's hard for us to find a fix for it, if you do know how to reliably reproduce this issue then by all mean post it here (or dm me if you want to be private about it). If you can take log while reproducing it then that's even better!

And lastly for PE+ it will come this month I promise, we just need to adapt the overlay and properly test it so no funny thing is happening there.
    Angga will keep updating official PE, but 10 is deprecated and next update will be 11 (I checked this with him on Telergram). No ETA yet, it'll come out when it's ready.

Regarding the other PE11 in these forums, it was just an unofficial build by someone who got banned on the Telegram chiron group for being a pain in the ass. Hence he stopped maintaining it.
    Henlo good people, new build has been published for both PE and PE+ :D

And we finally released the EAS branch to the public! There's some blocking bug that prevent us from releasing it last month but now it has been ironed out.

Most notable improvement that y'all gonna see we hope is jank reduction and smoothness improvement. We keep it balanced between battery life and performance but if you noticed any reduction in one or the other do let us know!

Changelog:
    Device Specific Changes:
    - Upstreamed the kernel to Linux 4.4.227.
    - Clang/LLVM 11.0.2.
    - Fully migrated the system to eas-r1.5.
    - Many micro-optimization inside the kernel for jankless and battery friendly experience. Check out the kernel if you're curious!
    - Removed QTI Power HAL.
    - Added Pixel 2 XL Power HAL which provides boosting mechanism for eas system.
    - As a result of the migration, jank and stutter is significantly reduced whilst keeping the battery happy.
    - Reworked how the device mounts userdata to prevent race condition when 3rd party root solution is being used. Special thanks to @lightvortex for the original commit.

Core Changes:
    - June security patches.
    - Reverted CAF SurfaceFlinger.
    ---- The following bugs have been fixed:
    ---- Freeform Windows crashes when resizing.
    ---- Low LTE Signal.