[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][CHIRON] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/14]

Search This thread

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
@ultrman Z
The miui 12 used for a few days was: miui_MIMIX2Global_V12.0.1.0.PDEMIXM_64006b3102_9.0.zip
I can't stand anything extra that I don't use or don't want being in whatever I use so I stay on AOSP roms and always have. They should make miui leaner. It would be so much better and it used to be that way long ago. Too much added to it in my opinion. I prefer to add my own things. I'm on Pixel Experience on both my phone's now. I also really like Corvus rom! I like them all ? but Corvus and Pixel Experience would be the two I like most.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

seba1x111

Nov 11, 2010
@ultrman Z
The miui 12 used for a few days was: miui_MIMIX2Global_V12.0.1.0.PDEMIXM_64006b3102_9.0.zip
I can't stand anything extra that I don't use or don't want being in whatever I use so I stay on AOSP roms and always have. They should make miui leaner. It would be so much better and it used to be that way long ago. Too much added to it in my opinion. I prefer to add my own things. I'm on Pixel Experience on both my phone's now. I also really like Corvus rom! I like them all [emoji16] but Corvus and Pixel Experience would be the two I like most.

Hi

I can't find Corvus ROM for chiron[emoji3525]

Wysłane z mojego Mi MIX 2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Ultraman Z

Nov 10, 2020
And, there are other problems. Some app will suddenly fail to connect to the network until you reboot the device;and after reboot,time will back to october 11 automatically.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

@ultrman Z
I can't stand anything extra that I don't use or don't want being in whatever I use so I stay on AOSP roms and always have. They should make miui leaner. It would be so much better and it used to be that way long ago. Too much added to it in my opinion. I prefer to add my own things. I'm on Pixel Experience on both my phone's now. I also really like Corvus rom! I like them all but Corvus and Pixel Experience would be the two I like most.

Oh,bro. That's MIUI 11 exactly.?

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
And, there are other problems. Some app will suddenly fail to connect to the network until you reboot the device;and after reboot,time will back to october 11 automatically.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Oh,bro. That's MIUI 11 exactly.?

V12?

miui_MIMIX2Global_V12.0.1.0.PDEMIXM_64006b3102_9.0.zip
That is miui 12.

I don't have this problem on Pixel Experience on my Mix 2. I use this device as my secondary device on wifi at home but I use it quite a bit. Haven't noticed anything failing to connect and my date has stayed same on PE.

Last edited:

Ultraman Z

Nov 10, 2020
V12

miui_MIMIX2Global_V12.0.1.0.PDEMIXM_64006b3102_9.0.zip
That is miui 12.

I don't have this problem on Pixel Experience on my Mix 2. I use this device as my secondary device on wifi at home but I use it quite a bit. Haven't noticed anything failing to connect and my date has stayed same on PE.

Oh, I see. But as far as I know, MIUI 12 for mix2 is still Android 9. And I guess there's still acc while list ?

Strigoimty

Jul 31, 2014
Hello there,
I just flashed PixelExperience_Plus_chiron-10.0-20201011-1013-OFFICIAL.zip ina a Mi Mix 2 previously with miui_MIMIX2Global_V12.0.1.0.PDEMIXM_64006b3102_9.0 (MIUI 12 Global stable) I had to flash twice because first time when I reboted went to FASTBOOT. After second flash everything worked but data connection is not working.
I tryed taking out and in the SIM, changing data connection manually but it just donr work.
I really like this ROM but I really need my data connectio. Before flash I wiped data, system and cache.
Would you know what should I do to fix this?
Thank you,

Attachments

• radio.txt
    334.2 KB · Views: 13
  • logcat.txt
    683.8 KB · Views: 10

ezantera

Jan 23, 2011
I am on latest pe not plus. Clean flash. Last rom was 11.0.5 cn. I have autobrightness problems. Sometimes too dark... It has mind on its own, and crazy one. Anyone else?

edit: nobody could call me. Phone rang on their phone, but nothing happend on my phone.

Last edited:

mrichana

Jan 26, 2008
Is there an option to not turn off the phone data when connected to a WiFi without internet access?
I use Headunit Reloaded in my car and to be able to connect wirelessly I must connect to the Headunit's network, that is not connected to the internet.
I'd love any suggestions

jimixs

Nov 12, 2012
Great rom. I musing it for 2 month. I only face two problems. First one its a call echoes and disabling main speaker after voip calls ( i mean that after some viber/ discord calls bottom speaker wont work - need to restart. Second issue - its a suddenly restarts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi MIX 2 [chiron]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    Mark376, NeoArian
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-03-14
    Last Updated 2020-09-14
    Hello guys, sorry for the lack of update this month, got busy with everything starting to go back to normal and thus work piling up on my end.
    But a new build is coming, once I tested it and everything went fine, I'll publish it as soon as I can.

For those who have mobile network issue, fix is coming in the next build. Also for those who have magisk issue.
    And of course, PE+ too.
    Henlo, I'm back with the monthly, not so punctual response on XDA and here for a new build:
    ** WARNING custom kernel user! Please flash this corresponding zip before switching your kernel! **
    ** https://bit.ly/35XY6HD **
    ** And reflash the rom if you want to go back to stock kernel! **

Device Specific Changes:
    - Rebased the kernel to LA.UM.8.4.r1-05400-8x98.0 and upstreamed to Linux 4.4.223.
    - Implemented Clang CFI for Forward-Edge Control-Flow Integrity.
    - Implemented Clang Shadow Call Stack for Backward-Edge Control-Flow Integrity.
    - As a requirement for both CFI and SCS, LTO is enabled on the kernel.
    - Privileged Access Never (PAN) is now enabled with fixes for improper driver with this on.
    - Clang toolchain is updated to LLVM 11.0.1 and the kernel is compiled with -O3 that enables callsite-splitting and argpromotion.
    - System and Vendor properties are now isolated and are enforced with SELinux.
    - Thermal daemon is now enabled, replacing the kernel approach and provide more granular control.
    - Fully switch to Carrier Setting by dropping QTI telephony injection.
    - zRAM is now set to 50% of total ram as per CAF recommendation.
    ---- Note: The reason we have custom kernel adapter is because of the changes inside thermal daemon to accommodate low quality code that Qualcomm wrote, which broke CFI and SCS. If you don't flash this, thermal management will stop working and can potentially fry your SOCs, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Core Changes:
    - May security patches.
    - CAF SurfaceFlinger.
    ---- The following bugs have been fixed:
    ---- Screen recorder has a lot of frame-drop and stutter.

Known issues:
    - Thermal management will stop working if using custom kernel, flash the provided custom kernel adapter (https://bit.ly/35XY6HD) for fixes.

We've implemented a lot of security mitigation in this release, and you maybe wonder if this has significant performance penalty but fear not, it's 1% to 2% at most and in some cases. it even improve the performance because of better optimization through LTO and O3.
    And I do want to stress out that if you guys use custom kernel, please flash the aforementioned zip and then flash the kernel, if you decide to go back to stock kernel, flash the whole rom!

For magisk issues and reboot because of magisk and/or similar modifications, we don't support and will not provide any help or workaround regarding this issue. Though I heard Magisk canary is working on our ROM. If you had bootloop with it, go pester Magisk dev and not us.

For those who have mic issues: so far we haven't been able to reproduce this issue so it's hard for us to find a fix for it, if you do know how to reliably reproduce this issue then by all mean post it here (or dm me if you want to be private about it). If you can take log while reproducing it then that's even better!

And lastly for PE+ it will come this month I promise, we just need to adapt the overlay and properly test it so no funny thing is happening there.
    Angga will keep updating official PE, but 10 is deprecated and next update will be 11 (I checked this with him on Telergram). No ETA yet, it'll come out when it's ready.

Regarding the other PE11 in these forums, it was just an unofficial build by someone who got banned on the Telegram chiron group for being a pain in the ass. Hence he stopped maintaining it.
    Henlo good people, new build has been published for both PE and PE+ :D

And we finally released the EAS branch to the public! There's some blocking bug that prevent us from releasing it last month but now it has been ironed out.

Most notable improvement that y'all gonna see we hope is jank reduction and smoothness improvement. We keep it balanced between battery life and performance but if you noticed any reduction in one or the other do let us know!

Changelog:
    Device Specific Changes:
    - Upstreamed the kernel to Linux 4.4.227.
    - Clang/LLVM 11.0.2.
    - Fully migrated the system to eas-r1.5.
    - Many micro-optimization inside the kernel for jankless and battery friendly experience. Check out the kernel if you're curious!
    - Removed QTI Power HAL.
    - Added Pixel 2 XL Power HAL which provides boosting mechanism for eas system.
    - As a result of the migration, jank and stutter is significantly reduced whilst keeping the battery happy.
    - Reworked how the device mounts userdata to prevent race condition when 3rd party root solution is being used. Special thanks to @lightvortex for the original commit.

Core Changes:
    - June security patches.
    - Reverted CAF SurfaceFlinger.
    ---- The following bugs have been fixed:
    ---- Freeform Windows crashes when resizing.
    ---- Low LTE Signal.