• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/21]

Search This thread

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
ROM Update!
Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog Standard Edition:
Code:
PixelExperience:

- March Security Patch (r31 tag)
- Some features from Pixel features drop added, as they were included in the security patch
- The navbar home button circle (A.K.A OPA Layout) it’s finally there
- Added the ability of disabling pocketmode on settings (It’s enabled by default)
- General bug fix

Device Specific:

- Kernel rebased again, and cleaned-up (hopefully no more **** ups to be found lol)
- KCAL brought back
- F2FS patches merged into kernel
- Bye PELT and welcome back WALT
- Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.215
- Microphone volume turned up
- Some audio changes
- Updated CarrierConfig for Airtel (IN) on MNC 54
- Some stuff that doesn't worth talk about as no one will understand (Only sad reactions)
- Some other stuff from LineageOS that I don't remember right now merged into also

Minimum firmware: 9.11.7

Changelog Plus Edition:
Code:
- Initial Plus Edition release

Minimum firmware: 9.11.7

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.

H94

Aug 28, 2014
Can I install the plus version without wiping everything? And what are the added features compared to the regular version?

Also, now that the stable miui has been upgraded to 10, should I also update the firmware?

Reactions: HAO2

HAO2

Nov 23, 2019
What's the difference with plus?
More custom features, you can edit many

Sent from my dipper using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

How can I edit the build.prop to enable Google Assistant 2.0?

I don't know which row I should edit, and should I edit /system/build.prop or /vendor/build.prop ? Or both?

Sent from my dipper using XDA Labs

0n3-70uch

Mar 13, 2018
Cologne
Hi, thanks for the update but I have one problem:
Code:
ERROR: This package requires firmware from MIUI 9.11.7 or newer. Please upgrade firmware and retry!error: 25
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

I'm on the newest firmware 20.3.12. Whats wrong?

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Hi, thanks for the update but I have one problem:

I'm on the newest firmware 20.3.12. Whats wrong?
It's due the baseband check. I the checker goes from a minimal baseband to a maximum one. I'm thinking of what to do about that since that's creating confusion among some users.

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs

Reactions: 0n3-70uch

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Finally managed to download and upgrade. Unfortunately, still no VoLTE here

but glad that auto brightness is fixed
I haven't time to dig into MIUI's CarrierConfig alond this week and when I had time I had to work on adjust for Plus Edition and website changes. I'll do it today the dig through.

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 8 [Dipper]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    jhenrique09 paypal
    Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

December Eleven update is up. Check on the website for further changelog and info.

Also, I'd like so much to thank everyone for those 2 years developing for dipper, for all the support and everything else. It was certainly an era for me that I'll never forget. The device will be maintained now by Giammarco (GiaSen) alone. The thread will still be open.

Once again thank you guys so much and enjoy the holidays. Stay safe!
    Sorry for the huge delay, but with personal life plus some other stuff that happened in the meanwhile caused that delay. I can't promise that won't happen again, but I can promise that I'll keep trying my best to avoid that kind of situation.

But yeah, that's the first non-beta stable release (as the betas weren't stable already LMAO), everything in here is in order at least. Bug reports with logs are appreciated.
    ROM Update!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.
    ROM Update!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?: