• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/21]

Search This thread

fowlerskill

Apr 4, 2020
Reflash the rom without wiping anything.

[emoji1191]

Please press the THANKS button if you found my post useful.

I just flash global stable 11.0.3 via XiaomiFlash, so as you say above, i must install TWRP -> install PE without wiping anything -> wipe data, cache, system and david -> install PE again, right?

ammaralidj

Jul 11, 2008
Bahawalpur
I just flash global stable 11.0.3 via XiaomiFlash, so as you say above, i must install TWRP -> install PE without wiping anything -> wipe data, cache, system and david -> install PE again, right?
You did wrong man. I assumed that you were on PE and flashed custom kernel, the solution was to simply re-flash PE again over your previous PE to restore stock kernel.

But now as you flashed stock rom, so now you need to flash twrp and than wipe everything including internal data (backup if you want to save anything from internal storage) and than flash PE.

[emoji1191]

fowlerskill

Apr 4, 2020
You did wrong man. I assumed that you were on PE and flashed custom kernel, the solution was to simply re-flash PE again over your previous PE to restore stock kernel.

But now as you flashed stock rom, so now you need to flash twrp and than wipe everything including internal data (backup if you want to save anything from internal storage) and than flash PE.

[emoji1191]

Do exactly what you say: from global stable 11.0.3 -> recovery mode -> select Wipe All Data -> install TWRP and copy PE to sdcard -> Install PE -> bootloop :(
Please help me :(

sanchezz

Dec 9, 2005
Utrecht
www.audi-torium.eu
On 1st of April I switched to CM17.1. My feeling was that CM is more clean and stable. Out of the box it is more clean, but I really like PE much better now. Although you get a really clear changelog with CM. I'm not using face unlock, but it shows that there's still a lot of development on PE and this device.

HAO2

Nov 23, 2019
Guys, is there a Magisk module to enable the front infrared camera to do face unlock.
Now I changed build.prop to enable assistant 2.0, so I can only use a rear camera to do face unlock.

monfulee

Mar 30, 2016
Hello, I. Just installed the April update on PE plus incremental update, but I've noticed a bug. When I open files app or camera, it forcecloses. Camera is when o shoot a photo, files I can't even enter. Anyone noticing? Thanks.

EDIT: I am using latest bsg gcam MGC_7.3.020_RPII_v0f.apk

Last edited:

Grantas20

May 16, 2012
Awesome new update. Loving the face unlock.
Question. Is the google photos app drain problem fixed or do I still need to force close it every now and then.
And a minor feature request. Vibrate on answer would nice.

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
Instagram won't install on latest plus edition. Device incompatible error shows up when downloading from play store.
Never mind, it worked after reboot. Perhaps play store update was needed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 8 [Dipper]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    jhenrique09 paypal
    Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

December Eleven update is up. Check on the website for further changelog and info.

Also, I'd like so much to thank everyone for those 2 years developing for dipper, for all the support and everything else. It was certainly an era for me that I'll never forget. The device will be maintained now by Giammarco (GiaSen) alone. The thread will still be open.

Once again thank you guys so much and enjoy the holidays. Stay safe!
    Sorry for the huge delay, but with personal life plus some other stuff that happened in the meanwhile caused that delay. I can't promise that won't happen again, but I can promise that I'll keep trying my best to avoid that kind of situation.

But yeah, that's the first non-beta stable release (as the betas weren't stable already LMAO), everything in here is in order at least. Bug reports with logs are appreciated.
    ROM Update!
    Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.
    ROM Update!
    Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.