• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/21]

Search This thread

Andiii

Aug 14, 2008
Heidelberg
i had dirty flashed from previous version via OTA. Now i wanted to clean flash because this dirty flash was not recommended. So i bootet into my TWRP version 3.3.1-2, did a nandroid backup of system vendor data cache and cleaned system data cache after this. Now i had installed the PE Rom 09/04 Plus version. It installed without errors after reboot system i see the MI Logo and then get a reboot to TWRP. Cleaned again system / data / cache and installed non PLUS version. Same result. I wiped again. Restored the nandroid and its stuck in the google LOGO with the moving bar below it. Its in this state since about 60 minutes. So i have no idea what went wrong. What can i do to boot my Mi8. Does anyone have an idea?

Last edited:

mar.ur

Oct 30, 2016
Sosnowiec
Xiaomi Poco F3
@Andiii wheh your data was encrypted you must do format data with "yes". Copy all your data to PC or a pendrive because all your internal memory will be erased.
After format data restart to recovery, copy to phone rom, magisk etc.
Install rom and if you don't want encryption you must flash dfe. ( Don't need it if you use orangefox because that is included and you can add it in options)

If you want keep encryption just restart to system after flashing rom.

Run system.

Now if you want to restore your data backup, back to twrp and restore it (I suggest restore only data) and restart to system.

Last edited:
Reactions: IURII G and Andiii

matikruliv

Apr 19, 2020
I flashed this after completly wipe using adb sideload. Phone worked perfectly for 2 days, even better than on miui. Then it started to constantly restarting, i cant even write a thing on messenger and it's gone. No other issues, but this makes that rom useless. Decided to flash back to stock, shame that there are no other options available than miui or pixel experience.

Andiii

Aug 14, 2008
Heidelberg
@Andiii wheh your data was encrypted you must do format data with "yes". Copy all your data to PC or a pendrive because all your internal memory will be erased.
After format data restart to recovery, copy to phone rom, magisk etc.
Install rom and if you don't want encryption you must flash dfe. ( Don't need it if you use orangefox because that is included and you can add it in options)

If you want keep encryption just restart to system after flashing rom.

Run system.

Now if you want to restore your data backup, back to twrp and restore it (I suggest restore only data) and restart to system.

Thanks this worked for me...

Irajpiri

Apr 19, 2020
Fingerprint in guest mode

Hi friends. I just entered the site . I installed this ROM. However, there are some major drawbacks 1- The programs do not work properly in the guest mode. 2- If you have activated the fingerprint on the main page, the fingerprint will no longer work in the guest page.3- After installing the computer ROM, the phone does not recognize it at all and I cannot install the original Stoke ROM. 4- The face lock does not work properly. Thank you for helping me.:eek::eek:

corsigm

Feb 6, 2012
Hi I've installed yesterday this rom and I'm facing an issue maybe someone can help me, when I put in charging the phone, it charge for a few time and disconnect and then keep recharge the phone. With the miui I don't have this problem. I'm using original charger.
On the lockscreen I can see charging fast, then it's goes slow and the "not recognized"

Reactions: th.marci

Arnold2222

Sep 21, 2018
Hi, I was doing clean installation (wiped system, cache, data, internal storage, dalvik) but ended up on boot to recovery loop.
I am using OrangeFox recovery.
Should I install stock rom before or? Where can I find the installation guide? was looking around and found only wiping and installing thats it but not in my case xD
Will appreciate some support :)

Last edited:

vitorhenrique

Jan 31, 2018
São Paulo
Hi!

Firstly, Great Work... Thank you!!

Same problem here with AOD + power button + face unlock. Sometimes bring black screen.

In addition, I realized that there is a bug with Tidal(Music App). Sometimes, when a song is playing, I hear something like a quickly sonic artifact.
At the same time, Spotify works perfectly.

Thank you!! Otimo trabalho!

MirceaViP

Hi!

Firstly, Great Work... Thank you!!

Same problem here with AOD + power button + face unlock. Sometimes bring black screen.

In addition, I realized that there is a bug with Tidal(Music App). Sometimes, when a song is playing, I hear something like a quickly sonic artifact.
At the same time, Spotify works perfectly.

Thank you!! Otimo trabalho!

Yes. The issue with Tidal happened to me also. Since audio quality is very important to me, I went back to MIUI to get rid of the issue. In any case, if you want to stay on this ROM the audio issue is kernel related so I suggest you change it.

vitorhenrique

Jan 31, 2018
São Paulo
Yes. The issue with Tidal happened to me also. Since audio quality is very important to me, I went back to MIUI to get rid of the issue. In any case, if you want to stay on this ROM the audio issue is kernel related so I suggest you change it.
OffTopic
In fact, have you read any reviews comparing tidal vs Spotify? Unless you have good audio equipment, the difference is imperceptible.
And let's be honest, we're talking about a regular high end smartphone, but not a high quality equip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezfTEqSmEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P88biJ7xy0 (english sub)
In Spotify go to Settings + Playback + Turn off "Enable Audio Normalization" and the sound should be exactly the same on Tidal.
But anyway, I prefer the tidal interface :)

Grantas20

May 16, 2012
I am using latest build since release and noticed quite bad standby drain.
Close all apps + airplane mode + restart phone + 8-9h overnight = 5% battery drain.
I also used BetterBatteryStats to see if I have any rogue processes but it seems only system stuff is causing this drain.

MirceaViP

OffTopic
In fact, have you read any reviews comparing tidal vs Spotify? Unless you have good audio equipment, the difference is imperceptible.
And let's be honest, we're talking about a regular high end smartphone, but not a high quality equip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezfTEqSmEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P88biJ7xy0 (english sub)
In Spotify go to Settings + Playback + Turn off "Enable Audio Normalization" and the sound should be exactly the same on Tidal.
But anyway, I prefer the tidal interface :)

I have good audio equipment. DAC, HI-Res headphones and all. Used Spotify with audio normalization turned off. Tested Tidal and was blown away by the audio quality difference. As I stated, sound/audio-quality is very important to me.

IURII G

Sep 30, 2009
If anyone there suffer with bsg's gcam force closing , then I finally have a solution this
ngk kernel supports most known 7.3 gcam mods.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I am using latest build since release and noticed quite bad standby drain.
Close all apps + airplane mode + restart phone + 8-9h overnight = 5% battery drain.
I also used BetterBatteryStats to see if I have any rogue processes but it seems only system stuff is causing this drain.
Yeah, I experienced the same

dosimple12

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
jotMOff.png

how to show battery percentage in top QS in PE+? i cant found that option. while in PE Regular thats battery percentage in that area is always active.

please help me,
thx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 8 [Dipper]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    jhenrique09 paypal
    Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

December Eleven update is up. Check on the website for further changelog and info.

Also, I'd like so much to thank everyone for those 2 years developing for dipper, for all the support and everything else. It was certainly an era for me that I'll never forget. The device will be maintained now by Giammarco (GiaSen) alone. The thread will still be open.

Once again thank you guys so much and enjoy the holidays. Stay safe!
    Sorry for the huge delay, but with personal life plus some other stuff that happened in the meanwhile caused that delay. I can't promise that won't happen again, but I can promise that I'll keep trying my best to avoid that kind of situation.

But yeah, that's the first non-beta stable release (as the betas weren't stable already LMAO), everything in here is in order at least. Bug reports with logs are appreciated.
    ROM Update!
    Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.
    ROM Update!
    Clean Install is recommended!

Download link

Changelog: Check Here!

Found a bug?:

Check if you make a clean install (wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache and System). If you did a "dirty flash" I won't give you a solution. If you flashed a custom kernel which is not the ROM stock first of all return to the kernel stock of the ROM. If you made a clean install, report it, and don't forget the logcat. Official supported ROMs can be only a bug of the ROM or of the device. If it's of ROM, report in the official ways of the ROM, like Telegram Group.