[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Evert] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/07/10][Moto G6 Plus]

Search This thread

Unai_01

Aug 26, 2020
Hello!
First of all thank you for bringing this ROM to the moto g6 plus, is awesome. I'm pretty new around here and i was guessing if there is any workaraund to installing the moto gestures or using the fingerprint sensor as a one button navigation ( as it is in the stock rom). Thanks!

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020
Hello,

I don't usually install custom ROMs but I was quite disappointed when Motorola announced that no other mainteinance updates were to be released for the Evert phone, and so I decided to give Pixel a try.

The process was quite smooth, with a notable exception: when executing the
Code:
adb sideload filename.zip
command, the process stopped at 47% with an output similar to
Code:
adb failed to read command no error
(sorry, I didn't write down the exact output) but apparently the install was successful.

Then I've started to install my apps and restore various backups, and it seems to do quite well.

The only problem (not solved on the stock ROM either) is that on receiving calls the vibration is quite weak. So weak that I often miss calls since I can't feel the noise and vibration even when the phone is in my pocket.
So I ask you if it is possible to increase its intensity or give the possibility to adjust it.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

juampapo546

May 8, 2018
Buenos Aires
Hello,

I don't usually install custom ROMs but I was quite disappointed when Motorola announced that no other mainteinance updates were to be released for the Evert phone, and so I decided to give Pixel a try.

The process was quite smooth, with a notable exception: when executing the
Code:
adb sideload filename.zip
command, the process stopped at 47% with an output similar to
Code:
adb failed to read command no error
(sorry, I didn't write down the exact output) but apparently the install was successful.

Then I've started to install my apps and restore various backups, and it seems to do quite well.

The only problem (not solved on the stock ROM either) is that on receiving calls the vibration is quite weak. So weak that I often miss calls since I can't feel the noise and vibration even when the phone is in my pocket.
So I ask you if it is possible to increase its intensity or give the possibility to adjust it.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

The sideload thing never happened to me, remember to use last TWRP version (3.4.0) or also use the pe recovery we offer ;) and don't use usb 3.0 ports

About the vibration, I'm almost sure you can customize those values with 3 party apps, such as FKM (paid, idk about free apps that offer it). You will need root tho, so on updates you will have to install full package, incrementals will fail with root access/twrp installed

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020
The sideload thing never happened to me, remember to use last TWRP version (3.4.0) or also use the pe recovery we offer ;) and don't use usb 3.0 ports

About the vibration, I'm almost sure you can customize those values with 3 party apps, such as FKM (paid, idk about free apps that offer it). You will need root tho, so on updates you will have to install full package, incrementals will fail with root access/twrp installed

Hi and thanks for the answer. :)

I've chosen to follow the guide step by step and installed the PE recovery image.
I think it can be a good idea to also specify not to use a USB 3.0 port. I think I used a USB 3.0 port but luckily enough I managed to get it work...

I also followed instructions to flash a new logo.bin image to disable the warning message at power on:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/g6-plus/how-to/bootlogo-remove-message-unlocked-t3789155

And I also have found the instructions to discard the ugly message about the "verity check failed":

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70698410&postcount=112

Is that safe to use?

I think that all these can be added to the guide.

The only drawback I seem to have found is that the battery last much less than usual so I'm trying to calibrate it. Is it something to expect?

Thanks again.

juampapo546

May 8, 2018
Buenos Aires
Hi and thanks for the answer. :)

I've chosen to follow the guide step by step and installed the PE recovery image.
I think it can be a good idea to also specify not to use a USB 3.0 port. I think I used a USB 3.0 port but luckily enough I managed to get it work...

I also followed instructions to flash a new logo.bin image to disable the warning message at power on:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/g6-plus/how-to/bootlogo-remove-message-unlocked-t3789155

And I also have found the instructions to discard the ugly message about the "verity check failed":

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70698410&postcount=112

Is that safe to use?

I think that all these can be added to the guide.

The only drawback I seem to have found is that the battery last much less than usual so I'm trying to calibrate it. Is it something to expect?

Thanks again.

The usb 3.0 stuff is there "TIP: Some devices have buggy USB support while in bootloader mode, if you see fastboot hanging with no output when using commands such as fastboot getvar .. , fastboot boot ..., fastboot flash ... you may want to try a different USB port (preferably a USB Type-A 2.0 one) or a USB hub."
The other 2 mods may be safe to use but I can't take responsibility for them because I did not create them but you'll probably have nothing to worry about. I never heard of the verity tho so idk.
Concerning the battery life, might be some things I'm touching to improve performance.
Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

chrisdaloa

Mar 28, 2012
black screen :(

Hi, I need help please.
I unlocked the G6 PLUS following the motorola instructions, then I restart the phone and I activate the debug mode.
I restart the phone in fastboot mode, I see only an empty black screen on the phone, but the pc is connected and I can use the fastboot commands.
I tried to flash with the recovery image but I have this output
Code:
C:\tools>fastboot flash boot recovery.img
fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot

C:\tools>fastboot flash boot_a recovery.img
(bootloader) is-logical:boot_a: not found
Sending 'boot_a' (23553 KB)                        OKAY [  0.765s]
Writing 'boot_a'                                   OKAY [  0.699s]
Finished. Total time: 1.643s

I tired boot, boot_a and boot_b

Now the phone does not start anymore. I have always the empty blank screen.

Someone can help me please?

Thank you very much.

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020
[snip]
Concerning the battery life, might be some things I'm touching to improve performance.
Thanks for the feedback!

Hi, one user in the official Telegram chat stated that turning OFF the adaptive battery actually improves battery performance.
I think he has a different phone, anyway.

About the update to the October build, it seems that all is OK.
Thanks a lot. :)

Paish

Oct 31, 2020
Hey there, firstly wanna say that this ROM is amazing, and has made my moto g feel like a brand new phone. Love it!

Just getting an issue with the 25 October update: I go to install the incremental update through the system updater, but it fails and I get the following message:

'Incremental installation failed because your system partition was modified by installing some add-on or custom kernel. Do you want to download the full package and try again?'

When I try and install the full package it just says 'install error'

Any idea what this might be? I thought I had stuck to the install instructions pretty closely, and I haven't done anything else to it, but I guess I messed up somewhere.

Thanks!

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
hello Op, thanks for your rom, is really good work!
i have one noob question:
i unlock the bootloeader, boot up on twrp, flash the twrp-installer.zip, then reboot to twrp and flash pixel-experience... but everytime i flash a custom rom (pe, lineage) it erased twrp and leave pixel experience recovery or lineage recovery. i don't want pixel experience recovery but twrp... is there any way to not install it? or from now this is the new normal...
thanks in advance for your comments.

juampapo546

May 8, 2018
Buenos Aires
Hey there, firstly wanna say that this ROM is amazing, and has made my moto g feel like a brand new phone. Love it!

Just getting an issue with the 25 October update: I go to install the incremental update through the system updater, but it fails and I get the following message:

'Incremental installation failed because your system partition was modified by installing some add-on or custom kernel. Do you want to download the full package and try again?'

When I try and install the full package it just says 'install error'

Any idea what this might be? I thought I had stuck to the install instructions pretty closely, and I haven't done anything else to it, but I guess I messed up somewhere.

Thanks!

Hello, this happened sometimes with no reason, from now on shouldn't happen again

juampapo546

May 8, 2018
Buenos Aires
hello Op, thanks for your rom, is really good work!
i have one noob question:
i unlock the bootloeader, boot up on twrp, flash the twrp-installer.zip, then reboot to twrp and flash pixel-experience... but everytime i flash a custom rom (pe, lineage) it erased twrp and leave pixel experience recovery or lineage recovery. i don't want pixel experience recovery but twrp... is there any way to not install it? or from now this is the new normal...
thanks in advance for your comments.

Hello, this is normal since this is an a/b device, which has no recovery partition, it just patches /boot. For that reason every time you flash a rom you'll have to flash twrp
Irrc there's a magisk module that could do that but there I can't guarantee support

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
hello op, where can i find the "OEM unlock" toggle? i'm on latest android 10 build (20201116-1910)
thanks in advance for your comments

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Screenshot_20201201-235228161.jpg
looks like i don't have it.... :/

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode