[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][POTTER] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

cyberbull007

Mar 16, 2017
FM Radio not working

Hi

I've installed the latest version but FM radio is not working (If headphones are connected, FM radio application gives me an error message "FM task failed" - actualy i'm getting localized error, i hope this is correct english translation.). Is anyone else getting this error or is it just me?

Best regards

AsadRehmanBegh

Mar 7, 2019
New Delhi
Forgive my ignorance, but is the compass supposed to work? Or is that not a feature in this ROM, since NFC is supported instead?

As I've come to know that other than asian European markets, the device only supports Compass and in asian and European markets it supports only NFC.

So if your device supports NFC, it doesn't have magnetometer.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I have problem with flashlight not work more, and I have problem when block screen I not have the option the unblock with the fingerprint this option that show in the screen I update the. Motog5 to last version

There is an issue that sensors don't work for sometime or unless until you restart the sensors(in the moto action application).

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Is the proximity sensor issue resolved?

In the latest build, it seems like the problem is resolved cuz I didn't noticed any bug after updating until now.

jcags

Aug 8, 2017
Clean Flashed (wiped system, data, dalvik and cache) my Moto G5 plus (Type M266C and model XT1687) with latest available rom downloaded from Pixel Experience but it stuck on Google boot screen...
Tried with other version and the same issue. It only works with ArrowOS but it has some issues with wifi and some core system apps..
is there something that I can to to get this device working with Pixel Experience..

Uncheck install TWRP app after flashing the rom.

famdekk

Jan 21, 2014
Hi! In the latest update, gcam was replaced by open camera. Which version was used, I want to continue using gcam :(

This is the change in the ROM source code that replaced Google Camera with OpenCamera. Here is where the original Google Camera APK for potter is stored (by ZJRDroid) that was used in this ROM before the update on the 26th (called MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0c.apk). I don't know if you can just download it and install it, I haven't tried. Please report back if it works like before.

EDIT: Btw, I have great results running PXv4.3_GoogleCamera_7.2.014.apk.

Last edited:
Reactions: virajsherlekar

AsadRehmanBegh

Mar 7, 2019
New Delhi
This is the change in the ROM source code that replaced Google Camera with OpenCamera. Here is where the original Google Camera APK for potter is stored (by ZJRDroid) that was used in this ROM before the update on the 26th (called MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0c.apk). I don't know if you can just download it and install it, I haven't tried. Please report back if it works like before.

EDIT: Btw, I have great results running PXv4.3_GoogleCamera_7.2.014.apk.

The update before the 26th camera update (MI9SE) came was the last great version of GCam for potter but unfortunately the zip provided cannot be installed through twrp. I wonder if this gcam mod happen to be the only default cam instead of open camera or any other mod it would be great.

famdekk

Jan 21, 2014
The update before the 26th camera update (MI9SE) came was the last great version of GCam for potter but unfortunately the zip provided cannot be installed through twrp. I wonder if this gcam mod happen to be the only default cam instead of open camera or any other mod it would be great.

It's not a ZIP though, it's an APK. Don't install it through TWRP. Just boot into Android, download it using your mobile browser and then open the downloaded file?

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Wifi is slow when Bluetooth is on. Bluetooth is always on and connected to Mi Band and thereby reduces wifi speed.
Is there any fix for this?

I have the exact same issue where leaving Bluetooth on and connected to my Mi Band 4 reduces my wifi speed from 30 mb/s to 1.5 mb/s. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this issue?

Last edited:

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
I have the exact same issue where leaving Bluetooth on and connected to my Mi Band 4 reduces my wifi speed from 30 mb/s to 1.5 mb/s. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this issue?

It's interference on the 2.4GHz band. BT uses that frequency and so does wifi.

Switch to 5GHz wifi and they don't interfere with each Other.

AsadRehmanBegh

Mar 7, 2019
New Delhi
It's not a ZIP though, it's an APK. Don't install it through TWRP. Just boot into Android, download it using your mobile browser and then open the downloaded file?

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Well, what's the exact name of the mod and the developer to be precise? Cuz the downloaded file only shows the name Gcampotter or related to it.

mstr96

• Apr 5, 2014
    SIM and camera

Thank you so much for this ROM,
    I am rooted, all perfect but when i restart phone, i have to setup dual simcards again (preferences for calls, data, sms). Is this fixable? it happened on all previous versions too.
    Why do you switch camera apps btw. out of curiosity?
    Thanks for help.

Last edited:

AsadRehmanBegh

Mar 7, 2019
    New Delhi
    I don't remember, but does this happen in stock ROM as well? (If yes, then it's a flaw in android)

I suspect, this is true. The blutooth uses frequency range between 2.40GHz to 2.48GHz but at low latency, so what does that mean?
    It means though wifi and Bluetooth uses almost same frequency but uses different latency so doens't interfere with each band.
    Stock ROMs don't have this issue of interference. And it is NOT a flaw of android. So what should we do? Use 5GHz wifi.
    :good:

Reactions: dexter1123

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
    Springfield
    After seeing my battery life go from excellent to horrible in Arrow 10 over the last couple of versions I came over to this ROM. The jury is still out but preliminary results show a much improved battery life. Not what it was on 9.0 but a lot better. :good::good::good::good::good:

One question - Is advanced boot available in the ROM?

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
    I don't remember, but does this happen in stock ROM as well? (If yes, then it's a flaw in android)
    It's been an issue on many devices for several years. Search and you'll see tons of stories/articles about it. Even Apple having problems. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

I also see reports of the problem on high end devices like the Galaxy S series.

I maybe stock does something to reduce/eliminate the interference. Maybe disabling BT transmitter when wifi is using the frequency for short periods to interleave the 2 signals. Might be some proprietary driver that the stock ROMs have that can't be used by 3rd party ROMs like PE, AOSP, LOS, etc.

But it's not 100% since many stock setups have the issue.

What ever the exact cause, it's only when using 2.4GHz wifi and BT. 5GHz wifi doesn't have the issue.

Might also be channel dependent. Try using different channels on the router and see if that changes anything.

Last edited:
    Reactions: dexter1123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Another issue I've found with v11 is that the fingerprint sensor isn't working for unlocking. It is supported for gestures, though.
      I have exactly the same issue: fingerprint is not responding for unlocking, need to use the pincode to unlock. In other apps the fingerprintsensor works fine.

But have found a fix. If you want to reboot your phone, turn Power OFF then Power ON again, (do not use restart), and fingerprint sensor is now working for unlocking.
      On my device it seems to behave similar as it does show "Not recognized" above the FP reader when I try to use it after powering up the device (and unlocking initially with the PIN). That's likely because I didn't have any FP's registered yet as the UI doesn't provide the option for that to me.
      I am afraid I can't help you with this, it seems you have a hardware problem. Or maybe it's your model number, I have an European model (XT-1685) with NFC and dual-sim. In my case, after a reboot, my fingerprint sensor cannot be used for unlocking, but after using the pincode to unlock, it works for other apps, for example my banking app (ING) for identification. After powering off and on, my fingerprintsensor works also for unlocking my phone. This continues working until reboot (after an Android update for example). I just need to power it of and on again, to get it working again. Hopefully my info can help someone else. Good luck solving your problem.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Moto G5 Plus [potter]

What is this?
      Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FMRadio
      Fingerprint reader
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound / vibration
      Encryption
      Enforcing

Known issues
      Tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download from Website

Donate
      Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
      PixelExperience, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
      ZJRDroid
      Source Code: https://github.com/pixelexperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information
      Stable Release Date: 2019-11-01

Created 2019-11-01
      Last Updated 2019-11-01
      New build is up!
      changelog:

• Merged november security patch
      • Added GoogleCamera 6.2 by default
      • Camera is a little more stable now
      • Temp added FlashlightApp
      • Added MotoActions original from potter
      • Merged latest source changes
      • Fixed Offline charging
      • New Wallpaper
      • New things ported from Pixel 3/4

P.S: Clean flash is highly recommended

Download
      All builds can be found on Telegram:
      https://t.me/potterofficial (group)
      https://t.me/g5pluslinks (channel)
      Issues in latest ROM 20200226 potter

@ZJRDroid
      I am testing the Pixel Experience ROM on potter. I find these issues in ROM:
      1. Signal strength fluctuating too much in SIM 1. I am in strong network region.
      2. No VoLTE icon. No HD icon in call screen if it is an HD call.
      3. No charging percentage if charging when phone is off.(only showing a battery icon with question mark in it.)
      4. Sometimes the second sim slot cease to work after phone reboot.
      5. No different ringtones setting for both sim cards.

If you need screenshots or something else to fix this, please let me know.

You are doing awesome work. I would love to thank you by heart for the ROM you compiled for potter. Thank you so much :)
      Hey guys, is this ROM working on the 32/2GB variant?

Sent from my MG5+ using XDA Labs

Yes, i'm using one right now
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone