• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][POTTER] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mcfisch

I've got the exact same problem on PE Plus 11 5/14, have you been able to figure it out?

For anyone else reading: Any tips on this? Have you had success encrypting the phone?
The only issue I was able to resolve was the missing fingerprint functionality: I had to upgrade to the very latest stock fw (POTTER_RETAIL_8.1.0_OPSS28.85-17-6), then PE 11 would recognize the FP reader too.

However, I'm still unable to encrypt the device under PE 11. If I try I always end up stuck at the boot animation. The way to fix this then is booting to TWRP and trigger "Fix Contexts" under "Advanced".

Whenever I flash the stock FW the encryption is active and working, but as soon as I flash PE 11 (or 10) I have to format /data and then can't re-encrypt it.

I've given up for now as my employer for now accepts Android 8.1 on devices with company profiles, so ATM things are ok. But I do miss the new UI and the gestures from Android 11 that's running on my other devices, tho...

• Sad
Reactions: tiazek

tiazek

Apr 5, 2013
@ZJRDroid sorry to tag you but I understand you're also the maintainer of PE+11 for potter, and since there's no thread or any place with info about the build (that I'm aware of), would you please at least let us know if encryption is currently supposed to be supported on PE+11 May14 version? thanks!

bravo97

Jun 12, 2014
@ZJRDroid sorry to tag you but I understand you're also the maintainer of PE+11 for potter, and since there's no thread or any place with info about the build (that I'm aware of), would you please at least let us know if encryption is currently supposed to be supported on PE+11 May14 version? thanks!
I have just tried PE11 for potter (5/14 dated) on fresh/wiped/formatted device.
Attempt to turn on encryption stops at "G" logo booting screen and will not complete.
Encryption for PE11 on potter appears broken.

Note: that I've seen some comments in places that say encryption is handled by recovery (now? 11? in some devices?). I'm using latest TWRP of 3.5.2_9-0-potter if that matters.

EDIT: i tried encryption again, but this time set screenlock to NONE and did NOT set a pin/password or other entry method (face, fingerprint, whatever). This time the device DID encrypt. If anybody is having a problem then encrypt the phone before setting any of these locks or entry methods. (I also bypassed setting fingerprint/pin/password when running the phone first time on setup screens. I bypassed it by selecting "fingerprint+pin" but then once it asks me for a pin i just cancel from that screen)

EDIT2: be aware that I went back to try PE11 with this same trick of no pin, no lock screen, etc. It did *not* fix the problem and thus PE11 still won't encrypt by my experience. It stays in the "G" logo booting screen.

Last edited:

tiazek

Apr 5, 2013
I'm impressed how fast the device is with Android 10 and 11. However, I have a major issue that keeps me from using it: on both, Android 10 and 11 (this ROM as well as PlusUI), I can't encrypt the phone.

When I set a PIN and then chose Settings -> Security -> Encrypt Phone I only see the green android briefly, then the phone reboots and lands in a bootloop. It doesn't even have started the encryption as everything is as it was before (partial encryption would mean it would need a factory reset).

I can than boot to TWRP and reflash the rom or repair the file system, both seem to work.

Is this because newer Android Versions no longer support FDE and the Phone tries to use the wrong method or so?

I've put a logcat here that shows what happened, just in case someone can figure it out:

@mcfisch do you think you could report the encryption bug with that logcat in their issue tracker on github? This is the link:

Also @bravo97 thanks for your testing and bug confirmation. If you have a chance, please also consider reporting or confirming the bug on the above issue tracker.

Sadly, there's no dedicated xda forum thread to talk with the maintainer, so maybe if it comes up in the issue tracker it will be noticed and fixed.

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Does anyone know "definitively" if this ROM will allow the G5+ to work in the AT&T Post 3G network? I realize it is not listed but I'm assuming that's for a standard ROM. With the tweaks of the PE 10/11 ROM????

Thanks in advance

S

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
Does anyone know "definitively" if this ROM will allow the G5+ to work in the AT&T Post 3G network? I realize it is not listed but I'm assuming that's for a standard ROM. With the tweaks of the PE 10/11 ROM????

Thanks in advance

S

at&t has to provision the phone for HD voice or VoLTE. as far as I know, At&t is still refusing to do so with this phone. You can contact at&t and ask them if they will do it.

LakeAmour

Jun 25, 2021
I just did a clean install of Pixel Experience 11 on my moto g5 plus. Appears to work pretty well, except the call volume (the volume of the person I'm talking to) is VERY loud at the lowest setting.

Any help resolving this is appreciated.

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
at&t has to provision the phone for HD voice or VoLTE. as far as I know, At&t is still refusing to do so with this phone. You can contact at&t and ask them if they will do it.
Two things...I seem to have VoLTE working (at least the slide is blue(enabled)) but not HDVoice (which is as I understand it, the actual setting that's required for this to work on Post-3g AT&T) Also, HDVoice is part of the requirements for using AT&T's anti-spam security tool(AT&T Call Protrect).

I spent over an hour on the phone today with AT&T level 2 support and was told that my phone had HDVoice provisioned but they had to push me an update for it to work. I'm still waiting for that to happen (maybe overnight)...

@ZJRDroid...do you know if this ROM will automatically enable HDVoice if it gets properly provisioned? Or at least will it recognize the provisioning and show the toggle for enabling HDVoice?

Thanks
S

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Having a bit of problem with updating to 6/18/2021 Plus version. Two issues, don't know if they're related or not but wanted to mention them...

Nevermind...reinstalled and works fine again...

Is there a list of differences between Plus and regular PE?

Thanks
S

Last edited:

Desi Rockstar

Jul 3, 2021
guys my first rom was resurrection remix on this device, in that fingerprint was working fine , but after a year i installed arrow os, fingerprint stopped working, then i tried havoc os, and now pixel experience plus(11) , they all installed very easily in one go. but fingerprint was still not workinig. then today i installed the stock rom to fix the issue. the issue got fixed. but now i cant install any rom in the device.signature verification gets failed , without signature also fail. i tried installing 4 different twrp versions (1 from 2020, 1 from 2019, i from 2018 also). no luck.every time i advance clear everything other than internal storage. please help me (i am under the water).
my device is 32 gb xt1686 indian version.

Venkatesh18

Jan 10, 2019
Hi guys,
After installing latest PE build with latest twrp, when i tried to reboot to system from twrp goes into twrp again..
only way to get into the system is to reboot to bootloader then boot to system,
after boot into system, when I reboot the device it goes again into twrp instead booting into system.
Please let me know if any resolutions, looking forward to it :)
or If you guys able to provide me the steps to go back to stock rom, that would be helpful too.

Thanks guys :)

FlpAbru

May 16, 2012
Hello,

After updating to Pixel Experience Android 11, I lost access to TWRP on my phone, Moto G5 Plus (potter).

The Android OS starts (I can see the apps), then after a while reboots endlessly. I can't erase cache or anything since I can't access TWRP.

I can't even perform a factory reset.

What I am supposed to do to either get access to my files, recover TWRP or reinstall everything?

cllewis1

Sep 2, 2012
Sounds like you need to reflash TWRP. You'll need to do this from the bootloader. Download TWRP and then with your phone connected and rebooted to the bootloader, run the command

fastboot flash recovery twrpfilename.img

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
I like this ROM very much, already have unlocked and flashed 6 Moto G5 Plus smartphones for myself and other people. But there is one small thing which I can't find. Selecting sd-card for storing photo's and video's, using default Camera app. When using Android 8.1, you could change the default storage from internal to external, but I can't find it in Android 11. It's not a huge problem, I can move the files using my pc, but direct storing to sd-card would be better.

IsmaJSC

Sep 23, 2021
pixel experience's web only has the 11 version, where i can download 10 version again?
1632427329533.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Moto G5 Plus [potter]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing

Known issues
    Tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    ZJRDroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/pixelexperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-01

Created 2019-11-01
    Last Updated 2019-11-01
    New build is up!
    changelog:

• Merged november security patch
    • Added GoogleCamera 6.2 by default
    • Camera is a little more stable now
    • Temp added FlashlightApp
    • Added MotoActions original from potter
    • Merged latest source changes
    • Fixed Offline charging
    • New Wallpaper
    • New things ported from Pixel 3/4

P.S: Clean flash is highly recommended

Download
    All builds can be found on Telegram:
    https://t.me/potterofficial (group)
    https://t.me/g5pluslinks (channel)
    Issues in latest ROM 20200226 potter

@ZJRDroid
    I am testing the Pixel Experience ROM on potter. I find these issues in ROM:
    1. Signal strength fluctuating too much in SIM 1. I am in strong network region.
    2. No VoLTE icon. No HD icon in call screen if it is an HD call.
    3. No charging percentage if charging when phone is off.(only showing a battery icon with question mark in it.)
    4. Sometimes the second sim slot cease to work after phone reboot.
    5. No different ringtones setting for both sim cards.

If you need screenshots or something else to fix this, please let me know.

You are doing awesome work. I would love to thank you by heart for the ROM you compiled for potter. Thank you so much :)
    Hey guys, is this ROM working on the 32/2GB variant?

Sent from my MG5+ using XDA Labs

Yes, i'm using one right now