[ROM][OFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 Official

Search This thread

thespacemonky

May 6, 2016
Seems like Lineage OS killed my camera quality pictures look out of focus and lights blur really bad is this normal?
Another issue discord wont run either
half the apps wont run
I know the problem is with google play services how I do I fix?
Ok had try like half gapps listed on open gapps got one to work correctly

Last edited:

berlinerbaer

Feb 27, 2021
Seems like my G7 power has graphical issues on LineageOS 18.1 (official release).
I already had those Issues on 17.1 with multiple sim cards. One sim card alone worked out fine.

Edit:
A reset solved this issue for now.

Last edited:

MatheusAlpha94

Mar 31, 2021
friends, i really need your help, my girlfriend's cell phone after i passed this rom, she kept the dumb calls, on the speaker and on the microphones, i've reinstalled even the rom stock, and i couldn't fix the problem, someone help me?

Stilbium

Apr 13, 2021
I'm eager to test this but won't have a chance to restore stock for a while, perhaps a week or two when I have access to a computer on which I can run RSDlite. This is not procrastination or a push-off. If this could be fixed or if cause could be determined, it would be one of the most significant improvements to my cell phone usage for some time. I'm chomping at the bit and will test stock as soon as possible. Thanks.
Hi,

I'm curious if there is any progress regarding this issue?
I have g7 power 1955-5 (T-Mobile prepaid US) and have not been able to make VoLTE/VoWiFi work, neither with LOS 17.1 nor after upgrade to 18.1. IMS is not registered, carrier's instructions for BYOD do not help much...
Would appreciate any help, it looks like the phone will turn into a useless brick without VoLTE support as soon as they switch to 4G completely...

zendude

Dec 17, 2015
I noticed that lineagesos 18.1 has been available for download since April 1st and the last 17.1 version was released on March 27th. Does this mean 17.1 is no longer maintained? I normally prefer to hold off upgrading until the newer version is time-tested and deemed stable.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I noticed that lineagesos 18.1 has been available for download since April 1st and the last 17.1 version was released on March 27th. Does this mean 17.1 is no longer maintained? I normally prefer to hold off upgrading until the newer version is time-tested and deemed stable.

Typically a device will not receive official builds from the previous android version if it has been added to the official build roster for the next android version. This makes sense because development by nature is forward-looking and testing in the previous android version would not inform bugs in the new android version. You would not be the only person who stays with the last official build of a previous android version while waiting to see what happens. Also sometimes developers may release on official builds of the previous version including security patches.

that maybe hte case.but dont know. usually when there ar newer lineage releases the older ones will usually go on a weekely or semi weekly basis.

IIRC the way it used to work is that devices on the roster for new android version got daily builds and devices on roster for previous android version got weekly builds the lists were mutually exclusive. Interestingly, now all builds are weekly. https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/blob/master/lineage-build-targets.

Reactions: mrk2815

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hi,

I have g7 power 1955-5 (T-Mobile prepaid US) and have not been able to make VoLTE/VoWiFi work, neither with LOS 17.1 nor after upgrade to 18.1. IMS is not registered, carrier's instructions for BYOD do not help much...
Would appreciate any help, it looks like the phone will turn into a useless brick without VoLTE support as soon as they switch to 4G completely...

I'm now running stock on this device and testing LOS on a different device so I can't speak to this for current builds but for what it is worth:

In stock I did not have the same problem where LTE did not persist during phone calls. In my case it's unclear if I did something wrong while flashing or if there is an issue with the ROM but for T-Mobile service I suspect the latter because there has not yet been a confirmation that voice over LTE is working on T-Mobile service om LOS on this device and there has been confirmation that it works in stock on the same devices (here and in other forums).

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Uh oh, I hope your phone's alright! Back to stock

Yep. During what I thought would be a quick test of a build a few months ago the device was not connecting properly to cellular service. It saw the cellular service but it did not pick up any bars and could not make calls or connect to data unless forced to use WCDMA. While attempting to restore previous version and do another test something went wrong in TWRP and I was stuck so I figured that was a good time to go back to stock. In stock I found as mentioned above that VOLTE issue no longer occurred, in fact a few things were better in stock and I might as well share some details.

VOLTE: the path I took through this from first installation of LOS and since then introduced the possibility that I messed something up as SyberHexen had hypothesized, but here and in other forms I found multiple reports of issues with VOLTE in LOS on T-Mobile and no confirmations that that combination worked as it does in stock. If and when I returned to LOS on this device I'll watch this stuff closely..

Messy fade in/out when switching call between handset mode and speaker mode and occasional failure to exit speaker mode. This has never happened in stock even with the same phone recording software installed.

The rules of the ballgame have somewhat changed with the move to android 11 so I would not call these bugs but they are worth noting because some issues to travel along the android versions.

Also, it seems that the underlying issues with saving photos to external storage have been rectified and that functionality has been restored to the camera which can now properly access photos saved their. I noticed this well testing LOS 17 on a different device.

Anyhow, as this is my daily device and there was an instant gain in the return to stock I stayed there, and probably will stay a little more while testing LOS in devices that don't matter to me so much as this one with its capacious battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk2815

Stilbium

Apr 13, 2021
I'm now running stock on this device and testing LOS on a different device so I can't speak to this for current builds but for what it is worth:

In stock I did not have the same problem where LTE did not persist during phone calls. In my case it's unclear if I did something wrong while flashing or if there is an issue with the ROM but for T-Mobile service I suspect the latter because there has not yet been a confirmation that voice over LTE is working on T-Mobile service om LOS on this device and there has been confirmation that it works in stock on the same devices (here and in other forums).
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your assistance.
The whole situation seems to me a bit weird, because of one hand there are reports like this one:
https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3269 (device: river)
where someone was able to restore defunct VoLTE just by going back to stock and then reflashing LOS17.1, but then lost it again after upgrading to 18.1 (also T-Mobile).
On the other hand, there are several threads on Samsung phones running stock Android (about half a year old) that lost VoLTE/VoWiFi after an official Samsung update just like me/us on LOS. Also T-Mobile and also no fix so far.
What I'm trying to say - is it possible that T-Mobile is somehow special and this might cause problems? I heard of smaller carriers that do not allow VoLTE on the devices not bought directly from them, but it is probably not the case here...
Also, I've noticed that on my device data connection switches between LTE/H+/3G (according to the indicator) even when there are no calls. It happens in the same places (with poor signal reception I guess), so I suppose that it is T-Mobile who's responsible for that.

Greek2me

Jun 15, 2013
Chicago
With AT&T's impending 3G shutdown, I am trying to make sure that VoLTE is working on my phone. However, I can't get it working. Using the NetMonster app, I can tell that my phone is using LTE, but as soon as I make a call it drops to 3G, indicating that VoLTE is not working.

I actually just bought a disposable T-Mobile sim, thinking that it was AT&T's fault - same issue.

Setting the phone to use LTE only (rather than LTE/CDMA/HSPA/etc..) results in calls failing to go through.

Does anybody have VoLTE working on this ROM, or even on this phone? If so, did you do anything special?

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
With AT&T's impending 3G shutdown, I am trying to make sure that VoLTE is working on my phone. However, I can't get it working. Using the NetMonster app, I can tell that my phone is using LTE, but as soon as I make a call it drops to 3G, indicating that VoLTE is not working.

I actually just bought a disposable T-Mobile sim, thinking that it was AT&T's fault - same issue.

Setting the phone to use LTE only (rather than LTE/CDMA/HSPA/etc..) results in calls failing to go through.

Does anybody have VoLTE working on this ROM, or even on this phone? If so, did you do anything special?

When I switched back to stock on the G7 power volte (t-mobile us prepaid) started working and still is working through at least 2 clean manually applied stock firmware updates. I've even had a chance to test it in an area where there is LTE service but no 3-g service and it performed fine.

Also, I've seen indications of my T Mobile provider bringing some older devices, IIRC Moto Z Griffin, into the volte roster but in the case of the G7 I'm fairly sure the device itself was volte capable before I switched to stock several months ago. As yet I've seen no reports at XDA or elsewhere of volte functioning properly on Moto G7 LOS17.

If there is any additional information I could provide from stock dont hesitate to ask

Top Liked Posts

Hi,

Seems like my G7 power has graphical issues on LineageOS 18.1 (official release).
    I already had those Issues on 17.1 with multiple sim cards. One sim card alone worked out fine.

Edit:
    A reset solved this issue for now.
    question for those of you who flash roms from one rom to the next.what's the best approach to avoid the encryption issues with internal storage with these android 10 based roms and encryption mess .

I think your best bet is to make a backup of the internal storage and then use TWRP to format all partitions first and finally format data. To avoid any issue you must remove any lockscreen setup before flashing a new ROM, otherwise you'll have issues.

So far I haven't had any problems installing these ROMs (I've tested every official one and some unofficial ones).
    Thanks for that reassurance.

I'll be a few days behind you. My G7 Power is on a truck. I had been shopping for new device and wanted Moto G7 Power but did not see it in LOS. Then I saw your post. Within minutes I ordered the one I had been eyeing.

As to this thread, typically an LOS official ROM thread will have certain standard language and statements in the original posts. I have no complaint, I'm obviously delighted that you shared the information and you provide links to the official instructions, but be prepared to manage the inclusion of additional information in this thread or hand the thread off to a maintainer to make it the official official thread, or we follow to a new official thread LOS Moto G7 of power.

In any event... Thanks again!

I'm glad I could reach you on time! :) I'll keep that in mind about the thread - thanks for the heads-up.

Getting the following error when trying to flash <lineage-17.1-20200912-nightly-ocean-signed.zip>

Error applying update: 18 (ErrorCode::
    kDownloadPayloadPubKeyVerificationError)

I would recommend that you try the installation again, taking care to follow the pre-installation instructions here. Additionally, I recommend that you wipe everything (system, data, internal storage, and cache) before attempting to install LOS.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone