• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 Official

Search This thread

greenmatrix

Jul 24, 2014
I waited almost 2 years until i finally installed latest los on my g7 power ocean and here is my feedback from using it for 1 week.

pro:
- Installation was easy and straightforward.
- Moto gestures work! Didn´t expect, so i´m very happy with that.

con:
- Wifi is unstable and loosing connection like every 5 minutes and reconnects.
- Sometimes graphic-glitch (sth. like inverted colors), only resets when rebooting the phone!
- LTE seems to not working, even if i put phone in LTE-Only i´m always getting 4G.
- To exit the default camera i have to swipe up to fade in the navigation buttons, then the camera always switches to front/back which is annoying but probably configurable.

I guess i will stay on LOS but the cons really suck. Any help is approchiated
Did you have any resolution for any of these problems?

I've been waiting to install. Been fine on stock, but last official security update was from last February, so I think it will be time to move to LOS soon...

joefidler

Sep 27, 2007
I waited almost 2 years until i finally installed latest los on my g7 power ocean and here is my feedback from using it for 1 week.

pro:
- Installation was easy and straightforward.
- Moto gestures work! Didn´t expect, so i´m very happy with that.
Quick belated response
con:
- Wifi is unstable and loosing connection like every 5 minutes and reconnects.
For me it's seems a bit more unstable, but not too bad - also the Power model only has a 2.4Ghz wifi radio - and that may be more susceptible to dropouts generally.
- Sometimes graphic-glitch (sth. like inverted colors), only resets when rebooting the phone!
check its not this bug (and workaround) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os-17-1-official.4162173/page-3#post-83569143
- LTE seems to not working, even if i put phone in LTE-Only i´m always getting 4G.
- To exit the default camera i have to swipe up to fade in the navigation buttons, then the camera always switches to front/back which is annoying but probably configurable.
Yep have same issue - going into front camera all the time - and its annoying - try another camera app ?
I guess i will stay on LOS but the cons really suck. Any help is approchiated

Johnfoo19

Dec 5, 2016
I hate to be that guy but I've never faced 4g/wifi drops.
I installed lineage 18 back on the very first week of availability.
The only annoying issue I'm still facing are graphic glitches on every boot and trebuchet not being as smooth as Nova.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
if it was me just wait for android 12 roms and then move on from android 10. If you want to keep the device around and up to date.

xtermmin

Mar 27, 2011
For those curious, I can confirm that AT&T VoLTE works on LOS 18.1 on the Moto G7 Play XT1952-4 (pretty much same as G7 Power). Flashed the latest official Android 10 ROM > verified IMS Status showed Registered and VoLTE & UT Interface showed Available > verified VoLTE by making a call to voicemail > unlock bootloader > boot TWRP > flash copy-partitions > flash LOS18 > sideload OpenGapps > sideload Magisk > booted LOS18 and verified IMS and VoLTE.
Big thanks to the maintainers for getting this working!

joefidler

Sep 27, 2007
I hate to be that guy but I've never faced 4g/wifi drops.
I installed lineage 18 back on the very first week of availability.
The only annoying issue I'm still facing are graphic glitches on every boot and trebuchet not being as smooth as Nova.
Yeh - overall the wifi is no more unstable than other stuff I have connected to our 2.4Ghz network.

solarlogos

Aug 22, 2018
Yeh - overall the wifi is no more unstable than other stuff I have connected to our 2.4Ghz network.
I disabled wifi-throttleling in the dev-options and since then i never had a wifi-drop again on moto g7 power on 2.4ghz network and los 18.1 with latest patch 30.10.21, also never saw the graphic glitch again, im very happy now :)

joefidler

Sep 27, 2007
I disabled wifi-throttleling in the dev-options and since then i never had a wifi-drop again on moto g7 power on 2.4ghz network and los 18.1 with latest patch 30.10.21, also never saw the graphic glitch again, im very happy now
I disabled wifi-throttleling in the dev-options and since then i never had a wifi-drop again on moto g7 power on 2.4ghz network and los 18.1 with latest patch 30.10.21, also never saw the graphic glitch again, im very happy now :)
Thanks @solarlogos will try out disabling - just confirming that your are talking about "Wifi-scan-throttling". And now that you mention it, I have not noticed the graphics glitch for a while now either - used to get it once, after every device reboot. Nice!

solarlogos

Aug 22, 2018
I disabled wifi-throttleling in the dev-options and since then i never had a wifi-drop again on moto g7 power on 2.4ghz network and los 18.1 with latest patch 30.10.21, also never saw the graphic glitch again, im very happy now

Thanks @solarlogos will try out disabling - just confirming that your are talking about "Wifi-scan-throttling". And now that you mention it, I have not noticed the graphics glitch for a while now either - used to get it once, after every device reboot. Nice!
Yeh my system language wasnt english so it was just a "free translate" but you are right
So yes i deactivated "wi-fi scan throttling"

To be even more accurate (because no clue what the default was):
Under "Networking" in dev-options i have everything disabled but "wifi-enhanced MAC randomisation" .

Reactions: joefidler

solarlogos

Aug 22, 2018
I disabled wifi-throttleling in the dev-options and since then i never had a wifi-drop again

While this made things a lot better ,unfortunatly it´s not a fix because i experienced the wifi drops again occasionally :/ One thing i can say for sure is that on stock rom this happened not a single time with the same network.

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
Can anyone help, not sure if it's the roms or just me. Everything android 11 results in wifi calling not working at all. I can toggle it on in settings, but if I lose signal and try to make a call on wifi it says a mobile network is needed. This room is having the same issue. Does wifi calling not work for Android 11 roms? Using TMobile

Johnfoo19

Dec 5, 2016
Can anyone help, not sure if it's the roms or just me. Everything android 11 results in wifi calling not working at all. I can toggle it on in settings, but if I lose signal and try to make a call on wifi it says a mobile network is needed. This room is having the same issue. Does wifi calling not work for Android 11 roms? Using TMobile
To my money it may depend on carrier/location/device specif model so on... I heard about these issues and others on Android 11 roms but never faced them. I'm currently using this rom with Movistar AR and wifi calling is working. Perhaps you might give it a try, if you haven't already, to see what happens.

Reactions: redspeed

greenmatrix

Jul 24, 2014

I am running LOS 18.1 with microg on the XT1955-2. Currently on Tello (t-moble MVNO).

VoLTE and wifi calling are working, *but* only if I put the sim card in the first sim slot ("Phone 1" as shown by dialing *#*#4636#*#*).
I had changed the sim slot, and VoLTE and wifi calling stopped working. When I switched it back to the previous slot, things started working right away.

Maybe this can help someone.

Besides this issue I am very happy with LOS and microg.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am running LOS 18.1 with microg on the XT1955-2. Currently on Tello (t-moble MVNO).

VoLTE and wifi calling are working, *but* only if I put the sim card in the first sim slot ("Phone 1" as shown by dialing *#*#4636#*#*).
    I had changed the sim slot, and VoLTE and wifi calling stopped working. When I switched it back to the previous slot, things started working right away.

To my money it may depend on carrier/location/device specif model so on... I heard about these issues and others on Android 11 roms but never faced them. I'm currently using this rom with Movistar AR and wifi calling is working. Perhaps you might give it a try, if you haven't already, to see what happens.
    LineageOS 17.1 - Official

There is now an official LineageOS 17.1 build available for Ocean! This was not created by me. Most credit seems to be due to SyberHexen. I'm simply posting here because nobody else has done so.

Main Page
    Installation Instructions

Seems like my G7 power has graphical issues on LineageOS 18.1 (official release).
    I already had those Issues on 17.1 with multiple sim cards. One sim card alone worked out fine.

Edit:
    A reset solved this issue for now.
    Okay, so I got the devices rooted on Lineage OS 17.1 successfully, on an already installed and used ROM. I found information kind of all over the place so I will put it all together here. Anyway after you have installed LOS:

1) Download the magisk app, it is an APK. I got the apk file from Magisk itself HERE. You need to rename it to a .zip, then put the .zip on your device

2) Download the TWRP .img file. Place it in the same folder you'll be running commands from, or otherwise somewhere where it is easy to reference.I used twrp-3.5.1_10-0-ocean that I got HERE

3) Hook up your phone. ADB debugging enabled. Boot into the bootloader using the command "adb reboot bootloader". Verify your device shows up with the command "adb devices"

4) We will boot into TWRP, not flash it. The command is "fastboot boot twrp-file-name.img"

5) Keep the system read only when it prompts you. Don't know if it matters, thats how I did it. Now flash the magisk zip from step 1, and reboot. Ta-da!

I haven't got an OTA yet, but when a new one comes out, I'll see if root remains after an update.

PS: It does not pass safetynet.

EDIT: Yes, root survives updates!
    Hi,

I'm curious if there is any progress regarding this issue?
    I have g7 power 1955-5 (T-Mobile prepaid US) and have not been able to make VoLTE/VoWiFi work, neither with LOS 17.1 nor after upgrade to 18.1. IMS is not registered, carrier's instructions for BYOD do not help much...
    Would appreciate any help, it looks like the phone will turn into a useless brick without VoLTE support as soon as they switch to 4G completely...

I'm now running stock on this device and testing LOS on a different device so I can't speak to this for current builds but for what it is worth:

In stock I did not have the same problem where LTE did not persist during phone calls. In my case it's unclear if I did something wrong while flashing or if there is an issue with the ROM but for T-Mobile service I suspect the latter because there has not yet been a confirmation that voice over LTE is working on T-Mobile service om LOS on this device and there has been confirmation that it works in stock on the same devices (here and in other forums).