[ROM][OFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 Official

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I just installed this on my testing phone. Haven't really played around much, but one interesting thing to note is that there is apparently an LED that turns on when charging. Is this just disabled in stock, or what's going on here? Pretty wild. Any way to disable it or change the colour?

In stock LED only indicates charging (unless rooted and using an app such as LiteFlow) but in LOS the LED should also work for notifications, although the color cannot be changed. There is a place where you can disable with it for charging. Search settings for battery light.

Reactions: mrk2815

WaterMan!

Aug 12, 2009
In stock LED only indicates charging (unless rooted and using an app such as LiteFlow) but in LOS the LED should also work for notifications, although the color cannot be changed. There is a place where you can disable with it for charging. Search settings for battery light.

That's great, thank you! Crazy how it doesn't work on stock ROM at all.

Another question - I am reading up through the past posts about this "party mode" issue, and I do have it. What's the general consensus? How do I return the colors and so forth back to normal? Thanks for all the help!

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
That's great, thank you! Crazy how it doesn't work on stock ROM at all.

Another question - I am reading up through the past posts about this "party mode" issue, and I do have it. What's the general consensus? How do I return the colors and so forth back to normal? Thanks for all the help!

Change the color profile to any other setting then back to what you want and then never touch the live display setting or the live display quick tile.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Thank you, that much I gathered. The issue is that I cannot find the setting that changes color profile, what is it called?

LOL, I'm on stock now and forget what it is but IIRC it might be adjacent to the live display setting. Also, as it was previously discussed here the full path to the setting might be described somewhere in this thread. Additionally, in Android, searching settings for "colors" might find it.

Last edited:

onyxcode

Mar 5, 2021
Moto G
Moto E 2015
I just installed this on my testing phone. Haven't really played around much, but one interesting thing to note is that there is apparently an LED that turns on when charging. Is this just disabled in stock, or what's going on here? Pretty wild. Any way to disable it or change the colour?
I think so, when it turned on for the first time holy crap that thing was bright. I disabled it lol

Tod13

Mar 10, 2021
Does anyone else have the problem where clicking on the Add Account to add a second account in the LineageOS Email app causes the app to crash?

Tod13

Mar 10, 2021
I personally prefer third-party email clients like Zoho Mail. However, upon inspection, I am not having this issue in the latest version. Are you on the newest version? It came out on the 6th.

Thanks for the quick check. I'm running the 02-03 from MicroG. I think they'll get the 03-06 build out this weekend, so I'll test it again. I don't need much from an email app, and a lot of the third-party ones are overly complex for what I want. I'll probably test the SimpleEmail fork of FairCode if it remains an issue.

Tod13

Mar 10, 2021
BTW, when I do the next phone, I'll be building and posting a install walkthrough (on Linux) and posting the APN settings for T-Mobile USA. (The ones in the ROM did not let my phone make calls.)

WaterMan!

Aug 12, 2009
Well, I really like it on my backup phone, so I may switch over my daily G7 to LOS17. A couple of questions:

1) Are there instructions for root with magisk? Seems weird it's not included in the ROM.

2)Can I still get updates if rooted?

Thanks in advance!

BTK19

Well, I really like it on my backup phone, so I may switch over my daily G7 to LOS17. A couple of questions:

1) Are there instructions for root with magisk? Seems weird it's not included in the ROM.

2)Can I still get updates if rooted?

Thanks in advance!

Flash the ROM and TWRP installer.
Choose Reboot -> Recovery
Install GApps & Magisk.
Reboot -> Bootloader
fastboot -w
Yes you can update if you're rooted

Reactions: sd_shadow

WaterMan!

Aug 12, 2009
Okay, so I got the devices rooted on Lineage OS 17.1 successfully, on an already installed and used ROM. I found information kind of all over the place so I will put it all together here. Anyway after you have installed LOS:

1) Download the magisk app, it is an APK. I got the apk file from Magisk itself HERE. You need to rename it to a .zip, then put the .zip on your device

2) Download the TWRP .img file. Place it in the same folder you'll be running commands from, or otherwise somewhere where it is easy to reference.I used twrp-3.5.1_10-0-ocean that I got HERE

3) Hook up your phone. ADB debugging enabled. Boot into the bootloader using the command "adb reboot bootloader". Verify your device shows up with the command "adb devices"

4) We will boot into TWRP, not flash it. The command is "fastboot boot twrp-file-name.img"

5) Keep the system read only when it prompts you. Don't know if it matters, thats how I did it. Now flash the magisk zip from step 1, and reboot. Ta-da!

I haven't got an OTA yet, but when a new one comes out, I'll see if root remains after an update.

PS: It does not pass safetynet.

EDIT: Yes, root survives updates!

Last edited:

MatheusAlpha94

Mar 31, 2021
guys, I put the rom on my girlfriend's phone, but the phone is muted in the calls (no one hears anyone), what solution to be taken?

thespacemonky

May 6, 2016
Followed install directions but when I did the command to reboot so I could install GAPPS the os came up. In the instructions say you need to flash gapps before running os out of the question now caused it booted so when I go back to recovery lineage recovery comes up cant get back to twrp so can I sideload gapps from this recovery or do I need to start over. the os runs fine.
Update: factory reset, side loaded GAPPS in lineage recovery then reboot will see if that works with no errors

Last edited:

thespacemonky

May 6, 2016
Seems like Lineage OS killed my camera quality pictures look out of focus and lights blur really bad is this normal?
Another issue discord wont run either
half the apps wont run
I know the problem is with google play services how I do I fix?
Ok had try like half gapps listed on open gapps got one to work correctly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 - Official

There is now an official LineageOS 17.1 build available for Ocean! This was not created by me. Most credit seems to be due to SyberHexen. I'm simply posting here because nobody else has done so.

Main Page
    Installation Instructions
    Seems like my G7 power has graphical issues on LineageOS 18.1 (official release).
    I already had those Issues on 17.1 with multiple sim cards. One sim card alone worked out fine.

Edit:
    A reset solved this issue for now.
    Okay, so I got the devices rooted on Lineage OS 17.1 successfully, on an already installed and used ROM. I found information kind of all over the place so I will put it all together here. Anyway after you have installed LOS:

1) Download the magisk app, it is an APK. I got the apk file from Magisk itself HERE. You need to rename it to a .zip, then put the .zip on your device

2) Download the TWRP .img file. Place it in the same folder you'll be running commands from, or otherwise somewhere where it is easy to reference.I used twrp-3.5.1_10-0-ocean that I got HERE

3) Hook up your phone. ADB debugging enabled. Boot into the bootloader using the command "adb reboot bootloader". Verify your device shows up with the command "adb devices"

4) We will boot into TWRP, not flash it. The command is "fastboot boot twrp-file-name.img"

5) Keep the system read only when it prompts you. Don't know if it matters, thats how I did it. Now flash the magisk zip from step 1, and reboot. Ta-da!

I haven't got an OTA yet, but when a new one comes out, I'll see if root remains after an update.

PS: It does not pass safetynet.

EDIT: Yes, root survives updates!
    Hi,

I'm curious if there is any progress regarding this issue?
    I have g7 power 1955-5 (T-Mobile prepaid US) and have not been able to make VoLTE/VoWiFi work, neither with LOS 17.1 nor after upgrade to 18.1. IMS is not registered, carrier's instructions for BYOD do not help much...
    Would appreciate any help, it looks like the phone will turn into a useless brick without VoLTE support as soon as they switch to 4G completely...

I'm now running stock on this device and testing LOS on a different device so I can't speak to this for current builds but for what it is worth:

In stock I did not have the same problem where LTE did not persist during phone calls. In my case it's unclear if I did something wrong while flashing or if there is an issue with the ROM but for T-Mobile service I suspect the latter because there has not yet been a confirmation that voice over LTE is working on T-Mobile service om LOS on this device and there has been confirmation that it works in stock on the same devices (here and in other forums).
    question for those of you who flash roms from one rom to the next.what's the best approach to avoid the encryption issues with internal storage with these android 10 based roms and encryption mess .

I think your best bet is to make a backup of the internal storage and then use TWRP to format all partitions first and finally format data. To avoid any issue you must remove any lockscreen setup before flashing a new ROM, otherwise you'll have issues.

So far I haven't had any problems installing these ROMs (I've tested every official one and some unofficial ones).