• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [10] Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.3 - Galaxy S5 LTE

Search This thread

reyanshzuber

Jul 23, 2021
Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.1 - 7/26/21 | 7/27/21

Notice:
Please note that some variants haven't done building yet, so you will get the updates once later. Kindly wait for it.

Android Version: 10
Supported Device(s): klte, kltedv, klteduos, kltekor, kltechn

Known bug(s):
Code:
Nothing (y)

Device changelog:
Code:
1) Fixed AOD.
2) Fixed home button wake when nav bar is enabled.
3) Fixed Charing Current on lock screen.
(Do not block hw keys even when nav bar is enabled)

Changelog:
Code:
1) July security patches
2) Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog

Download Link: Here
thanks for the rom. found a couple of issues
1. when you lock the screen by pressing power button then turn it on again, there is a box like glitch located at the lower left of the screen
2. mic is too low
thanks!

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
Can anyone who uses stock RR kernel check the default max CPU freq via kernel managers?
+ What's the default padding on QS by default? Can anyone give the value with the screenshot, and the adjusted value which may look better for you?
It's not that serious but kinda important to improve the stock kernel and overlay.
Overheating and bootlooping issue of the stock kernel may be the result of overclocking by default.
Please find some pics as attached:

Attachments

• Screenshot_CPUBoost.jpg
    Screenshot_CPUBoost.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_GPU.jpg
    Screenshot_GPU.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_Build.jpg
    Screenshot_Build.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_CPU.jpg
    Screenshot_CPU.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_Kernel.jpg
    Screenshot_Kernel.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 34

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Please find some pics as attached:
I mean stock values, not values adjusted/tweaked by you.

thanks for the rom. found a couple of issues
1. when you lock the screen by pressing power button then turn it on again, there is a box like glitch located at the lower left of the screen
2. mic is too low
thanks!
1. IDK that can be fixed since I don't know the exact cause of it, but I will try. Can you install other custom kernels and test that bug is still existed?
2) Does it happen in other aosp based roms?

It seems that with AOD, the battery drains faster. So how can I disable it?
You can disable it RR setting I think.

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I mean stock values, not values adjusted/tweaked by you.

1. IDK that can be fixed since I don't know the exact cause of it, but I will try. Can you install other custom kernels and test that bug is still existed?
2) Does it happen in other aosp based roms?

You can disable it RR setting I think.
Related to 1) CPU frequencies:

I did not do any adjustment or tweak. Indeed there was no kernel manager installed in my phone but to respond your question I installed Smart Pack Manager and without doing any modification, take some screen shots. If app is applying some tweak by default that is out of my knowledge.

Reactions: salvo6262

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Related to 1) CPU frequencies:

I did not do any adjustment or tweak. Indeed there was no kernel manager installed in my phone but to respond your question I installed Smart Pack Manager and without doing any modification, take some screen shots. If app is applying some tweak by default that is out of my knowledge.
Was your cpu hot? Interesting.
Can you install cpufloat in play store and check the maximum freq while doing some other jobs with your phone?
Thanks always.

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-201250391 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-201250391 (1).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210731-200335967.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-200335967.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210731-200236297.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-200236297.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 30

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I got a call today while driving my car. The phone was already connected to the vehicle via bluetooth. I accepted the call via the console in the vehicle. In this case, I had to talk normally through the in-car microphone and the speaker system, but the bluetooth connection between the car and the phone was lost. Later, when I stopped the vehicle, I tried to make this connection again, but it always broke. This is the first time for me. As of now, I'm on RR 8.7.1 and I'm using the Lineage kernel. Has anyone encountered such a problem, what would you recommend?

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I've had this on a few different OS versions, mine was more like a UI or launcher crash/restart so it didn't ask for a SIM password either. I think it was triggered by out of memory (playing RAM intensive game). I had to change the Dalvik VM memory assignment from 512MB to 256MB for the game which incidentally seemed to solve the UI restarts as I haven't had one since. If you wanted to try to see if this helps, I changed the line in build.prop: Set davlik.vm.heapsize and made it 256MB. Obviously backup build.prop before changes.
I waited for version 8.7.1 to see if the error would occur again. It is just happened yesterday. The phone restarted and booted without asking for a password and without losing any currently open applications. I would like to try your suggestion by replacing 512M with 384M, but the editor (x-plore) I have is failing to store the modified file, although it can write to the file. I think it has trouble writing to System folder. If I can handle this issue, I will let you know about the result.

AloneDisaster

Oct 20, 2020
Bogor
I've tested this ROM with the Tuned Kernel. The glitch in the lock screen was still visible. With another AOSP based ROM (crDroid 6.10, Android Q) I don't have this phenomenon. My device is a G900F klte.
Simple fix for me, just change your lockscreen wallpaper picture.

You can try my wallpaper! :)

Attachments

• rodion-kutsaev-049M_crau5k-unsplash-02-01.jpeg
    rodion-kutsaev-049M_crau5k-unsplash-02-01.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 23

lymond

Dec 6, 2010
I waited for version 8.7.1 to see if the error would occur again. It is just happened yesterday. The phone restarted and booted without asking for a password and without losing any currently open applications. I would like to try your suggestion by replacing 512M with 384M, but the editor (x-plore) I have is failing to store the modified file, although it can write to the file. I think it has trouble writing to System folder. If I can handle this issue, I will let you know about the result.
I use Total Commander, it seems to manage the remount with r/w well and allows editing of text files. For some reason dedicated build.prop editors including the one built into smartpack kernel manager don't seem to work on my phone.

I've also had to do a very clean reinstall of 8.7.1 with wipes of everything, reformatting partitions, no restores of any old data, even from google account (some kind of system/theme restore). I was getting total reboots of the phone previously but this very clean reinstall and 8.7.1 seems to have stopped the phone and UI reboots.

Reactions: BigPulco

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I use Total Commander, it seems to manage the remount with r/w well and allows editing of text files. For some reason dedicated build.prop editors including the one built into smartpack kernel manager don't seem to work on my phone.

I've also had to do a very clean reinstall of 8.7.1 with wipes of everything, reformatting partitions, no restores of any old data, even from google account (some kind of system/theme restore). I was getting total reboots of the phone previously but this very clean reinstall and 8.7.1 seems to have stopped the phone and UI reboots.
Thank you for your Total Commander recommendation. I installed and used it. Changes were made very easily with Total Commander. Now we will wait and see the result.

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I got a call today while driving my car. The phone was already connected to the vehicle via bluetooth. I accepted the call via the console in the vehicle. In this case, I had to talk normally through the in-car microphone and the speaker system, but the bluetooth connection between the car and the phone was lost. Later, when I stopped the vehicle, I tried to make this connection again, but it always broke. This is the first time for me. As of now, I'm on RR 8.7.1 and I'm using the Lineage kernel. Has anyone encountered such a problem, what would you recommend?
A few more hints:

This error was not exist when using RR Q versions 8.7.0 and earlier. But at that time I was using Tuned kernel. Now I have not changed the kernel since I am using 8.7.1 RC3, I am using Lineage kernel.

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
A few more hints:

This error was not exist when using RR Q versions 8.7.0 and earlier. But at that time I was using Tuned kernel. Now I have not changed the kernel since I am using 8.7.1 RC3, I am using Lineage kernel.
I made some changes regarding Bluetooth in the default kernel. Let's see whether or not the improvement will be able to be seen in next RR 8.7.2.

Top Liked Posts

photo_2021-09-22_17-41-52.jpg
    Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.3 for klte family

Official
    Date: 9/22/21
    Release Candidate: 1
    Size: 0.6GB

Known bug(s): Nothing. You tell me. *^-^*

Changelog:
    Code:
    1) September security patch.
    2) Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog.

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1) Re-enabled physical buttons work with nav bar enabled.

NOTE: kltesport variant will be added in Android S.

Download Link
    RROS chat
    Device specific chat
    photo_2021-09-22_17-41-52.jpg
    Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.3 for klte family

Official
    Date: 9/22/21
    Release Candidate: 1
    Size: 0.6GB

Known bug(s): Nothing. You tell me. *^-^*

Changelog:
    Code:
    1) September security patch.
    2) Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog.

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1) Re-enabled physical buttons work with nav bar enabled.

NOTE: kltesport variant will be added in Android S.

Download Link
    RROS chat
    Device specific chat
    Does any one may inform me please if theSELLinux is permisive or enforcing? After I install BitGapps (r37, which is currently latest) SELLinux became permisive and I'm not sure how it was before. Thanks.

Edit: Then I find a mode changer which is "https://github.com/BiTGApps/BiTGApps-Files/raw/master/Tools/BiTGApps-selinux-enforcing_signed.zip", now after flashing it SELLinux is ENFORCING now...
    @Tuddynumnums
    Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to testing the current build of this ROM yet. I've installed crDroid (also Android 10) on my daily driver for about a month, along with the Tuned Kernel. I often listen to music without heavy battery drain or UI lags.
    thank you for mentioning those two things ill try them out.
    @Tuddynumnums
    Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to testing the current build of this ROM yet. I've installed crDroid (also Android 10) on my daily driver for about a month, along with the Tuned Kernel. I often listen to music without heavy battery drain or UI lags. It's pretty stable and smooth.
    not using the crDroid, But I installed the Tuned Kernel with RR and all the problems went away completely, I swear I turn that thing on and It would take so long for it to go past the pinnumber screen if i had music on that it would go back into sleep mode, Thanks dude.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

Build Compatibility
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.

Build​
    Model​
    klte
    SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    kltechn
    SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    klteduos
    SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv
    SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekor
    SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed home button wake. (from RR sources)
    2. Added AOD.
    3. Other things that I don't remember exactly.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog
    Yeah (always do)
    Factory reset, dalvik/art, system, data, cache and format data. All several times. Flashed ROM & gapps, rebooted.

Would you like me to grab a log?
    No. I will build a new one.
    @FiestaLake
    Thanks for your great work!
    sm-g900i
    Formatted and advanced cleaned.
    TWRP v3.1.1.0 Installed ROM only.
    Calls, Mobile Data, WiFi, Texts, Camera/Video, Bluetooth - All working great.
    Sound levels are great.
    Have not tested GPS.
    Home button wakeup not working.

Excited to see where this goes :good:
    Resurrection Remix Q | Unofficial

Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed some known bugs.

Changelog:
    Code: