[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [10] Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.3 - Galaxy S5 LTE

Search This thread

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
There is a restart about once a week... However, unlike "boot to system", when the job is completed, the SIM card pass is not asked. The system continues where it left off. Cash and Dalvik Cash are protected. I didn't understand why. Have any body else encountered this situation? Can anyone have a suggestion?

S5 SM-G900FQ ( KLTE ) + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 + Magisk V23.0 + RROS-Q-8.7.0 + Tuned Kernel (20201030) + Apps

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
The ROM works great. I have two questions.

Is there a way to disable screen timeout? On another phone with RR (also Android 10) aren't any entries like 10 sec, 30 sec 5 min .... checked. I don't remember how I did this.

I prefer to use the hardware buttons. Press home button to wake up. It works, but the issue is that after wake up the screen goes to home screen instead to the last state (like last app).

Is there a way to solve this two things? For now I'm using a tasker profile which keeps the screen on when certain apps are running.
You should ask in RR Official Group as it's not device specific.
I do this as a mater of course anyway, couldn't hurt right? I've dirty flashed the last two versions and so far everything seems to be working. Anyway a little off topic maybe, but could someone recommend a replacement battery for our S5's? Are those extended capacity batteries offered online any good or really offer extended SOT? Thanks for any recommendations...
It shouldn't hurt a lot. But don't do that when changing with minor versions.

MACHETE!

Nov 6, 2011
Anyway a little off topic maybe, but could someone recommend a replacement battery for our S5's? Are those extended capacity batteries offered online any good or really offer extended SOT? Thanks for any recommendations...

Boatshow

@MACHETE! I recommend RavPower's 2800 mAh battery if you can still find one. SKU is RC-EB-BG900BBC and price was ~$10-15.

No NFC chip like most aftermarkets but cells seem pretty good. They were the top brand for S5 batteries on Amazon when they sold them. My primary's been in use for 1.5 years. As always, slight degradation but I think it ages pretty well.

The market's flooded with crap and knockoffs unfortunately. Just pick something and pray it works well enough. Can try your luck with OEM batteries, the EB-BG900BBU is around $10 on Amazon and eBay. All real ones should have working NFC.

Last edited:

Kennytriplex

Mar 27, 2016
Hi all, Thanks to the developer for his effort on this rom. Just a quick question, I`m currently using another custom rom. In other to flash this rom, do i need to install factory rom first or can i go ahead and wipe system, cache, and internal memory only? and then flash this rr rom?

lymond

Dec 6, 2010
Hi, getting a series of reboots that started since I installed the latest version 8.7.0-20210620. Now getting 2 or 3 per day.
I managed to get a matlog dump which I've put into pastebin: https://pastebin.com/y2XCWgGP
The crash seems to start at line 9 and has "Cause: null pointer dereference"
I have Tuned kernel and Magisk so understand this may not be a ROM issue but posting just in case it's helpful and/or something can be done.

My next step will be a system wipe and reinstall but will leave this for a few days for now.

lymond

Dec 6, 2010
There is a restart about once a week... However, unlike "boot to system", when the job is completed, the SIM card pass is not asked. The system continues where it left off. Cash and Dalvik Cash are protected. I didn't understand why. Have any body else encountered this situation? Can anyone have a suggestion?

S5 SM-G900FQ ( KLTE ) + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 + Magisk V23.0 + RROS-Q-8.7.0 + Tuned Kernel (20201030) + Apps
I've had this on a few different OS versions, mine was more like a UI or launcher crash/restart so it didn't ask for a SIM password either. I think it was triggered by out of memory (playing RAM intensive game). I had to change the Dalvik VM memory assignment from 512MB to 256MB for the game which incidentally seemed to solve the UI restarts as I haven't had one since. If you wanted to try to see if this helps, I changed the line in build.prop: Set davlik.vm.heapsize and made it 256MB. Obviously backup build.prop before changes.

Reactions: BigPulco

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Hi, getting a series of reboots that started since I installed the latest version 8.7.0-20210620. Now getting 2 or 3 per day.
I managed to get a matlog dump which I've put into pastebin: https://pastebin.com/y2XCWgGP
The crash seems to start at line 9 and has "Cause: null pointer dereference"
I have Tuned kernel and Magisk so understand this may not be a ROM issue but posting just in case it's helpful and/or something can be done.

My next step will be a system wipe and reinstall but will leave this for a few days for now.
Go back to 8.6.9 now. I will update the rom when 8.7.1 is released.

sinkoo1979

Oct 29, 2016
Yigo
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G3
Hi all, Thanks to the developer for his effort on this rom. Just a quick question, I`m currently using another custom rom. In other to flash this rom, do i need to install factory rom first or can i go ahead and wipe system, cache, and internal memory only? and then flash this rr rom?
wiping system, cache, data and dalvik cache should be efficient.

Reactions: Kennytriplex

Kennytriplex

Mar 27, 2016
Formating memory card as internal memory ends with error. Any solutions?

108629922-957e3900-7438-11eb-9944-28007bb961a3 (2).png

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.1 - 7/26/21 | 7/27/21

Notice:
Please note that some variants haven't done building yet, so you will get the updates once later. Kindly wait for it.

Android Version: 10
Supported Device(s): klte, kltedv, klteduos, kltekor, kltechn

Known bug(s):
Code:
Nothing (y)

Device changelog:
Code:
1) Fixed AOD.
2) Fixed home button wake when nav bar is enabled.
3) Fixed Charing Current on lock screen.
(Do not block hw keys even when nav bar is enabled)

Changelog:
Code:
1) July security patches
2) Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog

Download Link: Here

Last edited:

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.1 - 7/25/21 | 7/26/21

Notice:
Please note that some variants haven't done building yet, so you will get the updates once later. Kindly wait for it.

Known bug(s):
Code:
Nothing (y)

Device changelog:
Code:
1) Fixed AOD.

Changelog:
Code:
1) July security patches

RC3 (7/26/21) will be the Official version to fix mA values on stock kernel.
If you use other kernel, you can use RC2 (7/25/21).
Sorry for inconvenience! I forgot to add this patch on kernel.
It only matters for klte users.

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.1 - 7/26/21 | 7/27/21

Notice:

Known bug(s):
Code:
Nothing (y)

Device changelog:
Code:
1) Fixed AOD.
3) Fixed Charing Current on lock screen.

Changelog:
Code:
1) July security patches

Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.1 for kltexxx is now ready for its all supported variants!

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Can anyone who uses stock RR kernel check the default max CPU freq via kernel managers?
+ What's the default padding on QS by default? Can anyone give the value with the screenshot, and the adjusted value which may look better for you?
It's not that serious but kinda important to improve the stock kernel and overlay.
Overheating and bootlooping issue of the stock kernel may be the result of overclocking by default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

Build Compatibility
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.

Build​
    Model​
    klte
    SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    kltechn
    SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    klteduos
    SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv
    SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekor
    SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed home button wake. (from RR sources)
    2. Added AOD.
    3. Other things that I don't remember exactly.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog
    Yeah (always do)
    Factory reset, dalvik/art, system, data, cache and format data. All several times. Flashed ROM & gapps, rebooted.

Would you like me to grab a log?
    No. I will build a new one.
    Resurrection Remix Q | Unofficial

Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed some known bugs.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog

Thread: XDA
    Resurrection Remix: Official Group

Downloads: OneDrive
    @FiestaLake
    Thanks for your great work!
    sm-g900i
    Formatted and advanced cleaned.
    TWRP v3.1.1.0 Installed ROM only.
    Calls, Mobile Data, WiFi, Texts, Camera/Video, Bluetooth - All working great.
    Sound levels are great.
    Have not tested GPS.
    Home button wakeup not working.

Excited to see where this goes :good: